If you were making a MMJ greatest hits CD...

Started by thejerbear, May 25, 2010, 09:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

el_chode

I'm surrounded by assholes

mahg33ta

ok, my turn!

At Dawn
The Way That He Sings
Off The Record
Mahgeetah
Evil Urges
Gideon
Golden
One Big Holiday
Bermuda Highway
Dondante
Anytime
The Bear
Smokin from Shootin
Phone Went West
Steam Engine

If I were trying to do more of a "my favorite 15", Where to Begin and Rollin Back would have to find a way on that list.

Honest Man

I was just trying to be realistic with the list. If it was up to me it would be Honest Man and Good Intentions for 60 minutes.
The fact that my hearts beating, is all the proof you need.

The DARK

I thought about my earlier post and wondered... maybe a unique sequencing is called for here to make it flow. How about reverse chronological?

Touch Me Pt 2
I'm Amazed
Off The Record
Gideon
Wordless Chorus
Dondante
Golden
One Big Holiday
Mahgeetah
Steam Engine
At Dawn
Phone Went West
The Way That He Sings
The Bear
I Will Be There When You Die
In another time, in another place, in another face

columba78

QuoteI thought about my earlier post and wondered... maybe a unique sequencing is called for here to make it flow. How about reverse chronological?

Touch Me Pt 2
I'm Amazed
Off The Record
Gideon
Wordless Chorus
Dondante
Golden
One Big Holiday
Mahgeetah
Steam Engine
At Dawn
Phone Went West
The Way That He Sings
The Bear
That would be my choice but I have a much more difficult task. I want to make a best of cd for female friend of mine. She is listening to all kind of music mostly mainstream but also some rock and country.
My mix would be somewhat like this above but I would start with a different song. Any idea what would be the best "first" song ?

johnnYYac

QuoteI thought about my earlier post and wondered... maybe a unique sequencing is called for here to make it flow. How about reverse chronological?

Touch Me Pt 2
I'm Amazed
Off The Record
Gideon
Wordless Chorus
Dondante
Golden
One Big Holiday
Mahgeetah
Steam Engine
At Dawn
Phone Went West
The Way That He Sings
The Bear
That would be my choice but I have a much more difficult task. I want to make a best of cd for female friend of mine. She is listening to all kind of music mostly mainstream but also some rock and country.
My mix would be somewhat like this above but I would start with a different song. Any idea what would be the best "first" song ?
LAY LOW WHY DON'T YA NOW? LAY BACK AWHILE AND I'LL SHOW YA – I GOT THE GOOD THAT YOU WANT NO
NEED TO GO AND – HUNT SOMETHING ELSE – IT'S RIGHT HERE WITH ME – WHEN YOU STAY.
IT'S ALWAYS GOOD WHEN I GET TO SEE THAT THERE'S NEVER MORE THAN WHAT YOU'RE TELLING ME WHEN YOU
STAY – HOME
LAY LOW IF THE FEEL IS RIGHT – (LET THE FETUS ROCK) I GOT ALL THAT I WANT HERE IN YOU TONITE AND WE'LL PASS OUT
ON THE BEDROOM FLOOR AFTER GOIN LIKE THIS (FULL TILT) SO LONG.
HOLD UP – YOU SHOWED ME. OH WHAT YOU TOLD ME – IT'S NOT WHAT YOU WANT BUT WHAT YOU NEED IT'S NOT
A HEAD FULL OF BOOZE (PILLS) OR AMPHETAMINES – WHEN YOU STAY.
IT'S ALWAYS GOOD WHEN I GET TO SEE THAT THERE'S NEVER MORE THAN WHAT YOU'RE TELLING ME WHEN YOU
STAY – HOME.
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Soulshine

Touch Me Pt 2
I'm Amazed
Off The Record
Gideon
Wordless Chorus
Dondante
Golden
One Big Holiday
Mahgeetah
Steam Engine
At Dawn
Phone Went West
The Way That He Sings
The Bear
LAY LOW WHY DON'T YA NOW? LAY BACK AWHILE AND I'LL SHOW YA – I GOT THE GOOD THAT YOU WANT NO
NEED TO GO AND – HUNT SOMETHING ELSE – IT'S RIGHT HERE WITH ME – WHEN YOU STAY.
STAY – HOME
LAY LOW IF THE FEEL IS RIGHT – (LET THE FETUS ROCK) I GOT ALL THAT I WANT HERE IN YOU TONITE AND WE'LL PASS OUT
ON THE BEDROOM FLOOR AFTER GOIN LIKE THIS (FULL TILT) SO LONG.
HOLD UP – YOU SHOWED ME. OH WHAT YOU TOLD ME – IT'S NOT WHAT YOU WANT BUT WHAT YOU NEED IT'S NOT
A HEAD FULL OF BOOZE (PILLS) OR AMPHETAMINES – WHEN YOU STAY.
STAY – HOME.

This.

...and she may want to sleep with you after hearing that too.
Because we're all in this together...

johnnYYac

Quote...and she may want to sleep with you after hearing that too.

Now, THAT's what I call an endorsement!
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

ChronicHunger

1. Wordless Chorus
2. Phone Went West (live)
3. I Will Sing You Songs
4. One Big Holiday
5. Lowdown
6. War Begun (newer live)
7. Golden
8. Everybodys talkin at me
9. The Bear
10. Strangulation(okonokos vinyl)
11. I Think Im Goin to Hell (okonokos)