MMJ in "How I Met Your Mother"

Started by Nikkogino, Dec 13, 2010, 10:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nikkogino

At the end of the x-mas special of "How I Met Your Mother," they played MMJ's version of "Xmas Time Is Here Again" from "Does Xmas Fiasco Style."  I am still suprised to be hearing MMJ on tv, but I didn't expect one from this little-known EP (little-known to everyone but us).

On another note, "I Just Wanted To Say" isn't just one of the best songs on this EP....it is one of MMJ's best songs period.  I don't care if they didn't write it.  The way Jim sings "there comes a tiiiiime, in everyone's liiife."  Nice.

touchingmept2

That show is legit. NPH=awesooome
The time is near, to come forward with whatever killed your spark.

capt. scotty

QuoteAt the end of the x-mas special of "How I Met Your Mother," they played MMJ's version of "Xmas Time Is Here Again" from "Does Xmas Fiasco Style."  I am still suprised to be hearing MMJ on tv, but I didn't expect one from this little-known EP (little-known to everyone but us).

On another note, "I Just Wanted To Say" isn't just one of the best songs on this EP....it is one of MMJ's best songs period.  I don't care if they didn't write it.  The way Jim sings "there comes a tiiiiime, in everyone' liiife."  Nice.

Wow, I always thought it was a Jacket original
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Ghosts_on_TV

QuoteAt the end of the x-mas special of "How I Met Your Mother," they played MMJ's version of "Xmas Time Is Here Again" from "Does Xmas Fiasco Style."  I am still suprised to be hearing MMJ on tv, but I didn't expect one from this little-known EP (little-known to everyone but us).

On another note, "I Just Wanted To Say" isn't just one of the best songs on this EP....it is one of MMJ's best songs period.  I don't care if they didn't write it.  The way Jim sings "there comes a tiiiiime, in everyone' liiife."  Nice.

I did too. Also, Off the Record was used on that show before as well.
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

Nikkogino

I did too. Also, Off the Record was used on that show before as well.

Holy shit....you are right.  It is an original.  It is definitely a good sign when a song sounds like an old classic.  I like the song even more now...damn, its so good.

Im The Dude

When they played it at T5 it was really amazing. I played the EP while we were putting up our tree!

Christmas with My Morning Jacket!!!
7/9/03 6/8/04 10/4/08 5/2/10 8/27/10 10/18--10/23/10(T5) 8/10/11 8/12/11

goldbondking

Kinda funny, wasn't the bar a lot of board members met up at before T5 (McGee's Pub) supposed to be the bar form How I Met Your Mother?  I made it there for chicken nachos and drinks most nights but always too late to meet up with you early birds.

touchingmept2

Gonna go out on a limb here to check if anyone seen tonight's episode. If so, you would've noticed "Look At You" was featured as the closing song! :thumbsup:
The time is near, to come forward with whatever killed your spark.

zanjam

Quote from: touchingmept2 on Feb 27, 2012, 09:22 PM
Gonna go out on a limb here to check if anyone seen tonight's episode. If so, you would've noticed "Look At You" was featured as the closing song! :thumbsup:

Well now I have to go record it!

I recently heard evil urges on the Howard stern wrap up show as they were going into commercial.  And obh lotsa times on various sports shows.  Love it!
anything + reverb always = better

Rufus T. Firefly

Watch that show religiously, so yes I saw it!

I guess somebody on the show/production likes the band

Goose24

[/quote

I thought that was them at the end I just couldn't place my finger on the song. Thanks for pointing that out.