10 Ideas for MMJ

Started by Dustin Leathers, Feb 06, 2006, 04:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sweatboard

My party is going on right NOW in Off Topic.
There's Still Time.........

ratsprayer

wow WSP is a touchy subject, why not let everyone just be, man?  i do like WSP's stuff with vic chesnutt, thats it.  

as far as the rest of it goes, yeah youre taking it a bit personally.  ive gotten in to some pretty heavy discussions about "real shit" (not music) and still dont hold any grudges.  im one of the biggest assholes around here (maybe the biggest), and i still have a few fans.  maybe i can give you some lessons... ;D

Mr. T.

QuoteBut be careful, we are in 4th place nation wide as far a fan message boards go.

most importantly, we poke at each other. We're not a group of posers or wannabees, we're just regular idiots, with jobs, who enjoy spending time with each other. We are smart and dumb and closed minded and open minded and we smell and fart and smoke and drink and don't drink and pray and hate and argue and agree and make-up....we're like "the American Heartland of band message boards". We're like Iowa with some European, Far East, and Australian influence.

First of all. Where did you get that info? i think it's pretty cool...

Second: Well put Ycartrob, well put.
We are young despite the years,
we are concern,
we are hope despite the times

MMJ_fanatic

I still haven't heard who WSP is--anyone want to expound on this?
P.S.--I work for a pharmaceutical company and I congratulate myself everyday I wake up so there NYAH! :P
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

realdeal

You really don't want to know....

Spreadheads follow?

EC

Man, even I know. ;)

Congratulations for not knowing!!!  

Jaimoe

I should be a WSP fan and I even own a couple of their concerts and a few of their albums... but I don't like them, even with Mickey Houser: R.I.P..

As for not letting in the hippy element: Too fucking late. Don't play Bonnaroo then, especially early in that festival's legacy. The hippy element goes hand-in-hand with the jam scene, but that scene isn't dominated by hippies anymore. I'm living proof of that. Radiohead has a pretty sizable jamhead following and so does bluegrass legend Del McCoury, Bela Fleck, John Scofield, Medeski Martin & Wood, Norah Jones, Bob Dylan, Neil Young etc... MMJ should be proud to be in that list.

EC

oh jaimoe.  we aaaaaaaall know you're a big damn hippie.  quit pretendin' that you're not.  ;)

Jaimoe

Quoteoh jaimoe.  we aaaaaaaall know you're a big damn hippie.  quit pretendin' that you're not.  ;)

You found me out. Maybe you know my father:

EC

You found me out. Maybe you know my father:

The funny thing is, that actually looks like MY father.  That's no lie.  

MMJ_fanatic

"We must be in heaven man!"
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

goldengirl

Okay how does someone not know who WSP is? I am not a huge fan, but my friend Jon is obsessed with them and he hates hippies too. I think MMJ needs to tour more. Alot more! I have only seen them once and I can't go to Bonnaroo. Great bands, but Wakarusa is closer and smaller festivals are way better anyway.

EC

well, once you say "wide spread panic" people might get it, but if you're not into them, then you might not catch on that that's what wsp means.  you only know something if'n you know it.  :)