At Dawn / Tennessee Fire Demos release date?

Started by ChiefCrowe, Apr 05, 2006, 02:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChiefOKONO

anyone know? ive heard various things but i just saw on amazon that it is coming april 18th. i hope its true, that would rule hard!!!  :D :D :D  :D

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002UXL90/ref=pd_nfy_nr_m_11/103-7765867-3311865?s=music&v=glance&n=5174

Zeppelinster

According to Darla's website (www.darla.com) 9/11/2006

BH

Who has these from the original release?  Are they much different?  Are any of them better?  In other words, if you were stranded on a desert island, and you could only chose one version of each song, would you chose any of the demos?  

Just looking for someone's take on this who got them with the early vinyl.  (That is my understanding of when they were previously released.)
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

ChiefOKONO

damn. i was hoping they moved it to april...

loper

They've actually moved it to 2007 ??? :o :'(

Mr. T.

QuoteThey've actually moved it to 2007 ??? :o :'(

Yeah, but there seems to be a very good reason!

From the darla website:

MY MORNING JACKET - Tennessee Fire & At Dawn Demos  CD (Darla: DRL156: 708527015629)  $12.00

COMING 2/1/2007
I know, we've all been waiting for this for a good long time now. Well, we will make this title available soon enough but we must schedule the release away from important stuff like the My Morning Jacket DVD in September! Jim James wants to hold release of this one for just a little while longer. No worries tho' it won't be forever!

That's what I call a good reason
We are young despite the years,
we are concern,
we are hope despite the times

realdeal

BH

All I know is that now I get to go see MMJ every night in September, October, November, December, January, February, March, April, May................................

The Hermann Theatre

Front Row Cushy Seat Admission- Free
Parking - Free
Drinks - $1.00-$2.00 (Depends on current supply - Ten High or Jack Daniels/Box of Merlot or Bottle of Merlot/Natty Light or Sierra Nevada)
Distance to Drink Stand - 12 feet
Average number of people in line - 0
Distance to John - 16 feet
Average number of people in line - 0
Sound System - Perfect
Number of real people to high five and yell "Holy Shit!" to. - 1
Number of virtual poeple to give virtual high fives to and type "Holy Shit!" to - Endless

**Note**

Band will stop playing at any time and resume at my request.  Even in the middle of a song.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

ali

love a song for the way it makes you feel

rob

Yeah, but there seems to be a very good reason!

From the darla website:

MY MORNING JACKET - Tennessee Fire & At Dawn Demos  CD (Darla: DRL156: 708527015629)  $12.00

COMING 2/1/2007
I know, we've all been waiting for this for a good long time now. Well, we will make this title available soon enough but we must schedule the release away from important stuff like the My Morning Jacket DVD in September! Jim James wants to hold release of this one for just a little while longer. No worries tho' it won't be forever!

That's what I call a good reason

9 more months to wait?! Oh man. Does Jim really think if we buy the demos CD, we won't have enough money to buy the Fillmore DVD? C'mon Jim, we can handle 2 MMJ items in one year!  ;D
"demon eyes are watchin' everywhere"

TheRoof

I have the At-Dawn demos and they are vastly different....Lowdown has some 'computer type' sounds edited in them and Phone Went West is a completely different song!!

All of them are diamonds in the rough though :)
You Are Everything

fast_willie_parker

If you search enough on newssgroups or bit torrent sites you should be able to find the demos...

wheelhousetunes

9 more months to wait?! Oh man. Does Jim really think if we buy the demos CD, we won't have enough money to buy the Fillmore DVD? C'mon Jim, we can handle 2 MMJ items in one year!  ;D

Exactly. I have to imagine this release is for just the die-hards anyway, so why think they need to put it in a proper time manner??!? By 2/1/07, I'd expect a new album - not this demo disc we've been waiting for for 2 years!!!

Oh well, it's all good.

Peace,
Jeff