Friday night Philly show..

Started by Ross, Oct 14, 2005, 10:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tdan

QuoteI have seen MMJ live 4 times now and this show was a semi-let down for me.  To play the new album in order in it's entirety was very lame.  I loved the performance, but I don't like to go to a show and know what song is coming next repeatedly; it did not take long to figure out what they were doing either, during Gideon I had the notion on the order of Z.  

On one hand I understand where you are coming from, but on the other hand you need to consider that what you saw was something special that many of us will probably never get the chance to see.  Personally I would love to see "Z" live.  I have been scouring the trader sites just waiting in anticipation for this show to appear.
Well the music is your special friend
Dance on fire as it intends
Music is your only friend
Until the end

storm_is_coming

QuoteI have seen MMJ live 4 times now and this show was a semi-let down for me.  To play the new album in order in it's entirety was very lame.  I loved the performance, but I don't like to go to a show and know what song is coming next repeatedly; it did not take long to figure out what they were doing either, during Gideon I had the notion on the order of Z.  The vocals in the TLA were pretty distorted too; heard them in the past with much crisper/clearer sound.  It was great to see them again; but I was not moved like the way I was on their It Still Moves tour.  

I have seen my morning jacket 9 times...and while i too was kinda caught off guard by the playing z the whole way through, and am a big biiiig fan of TF, It still moves, and all the old stuff. That show was amazing. During the set i was jonesin for some old songs, but god damn did they make up for it in the encore, that was the best version of one big i have ever witnessed...it was incredible...they really really took it up a notch during the encore...and to be honest, they have been playing practically all the new songs in their live shows anyways, and really there is no different order i would rather hear them than in the order that they are on the album...excellent show...the nye show should be fucking incredible...i can't even imagine the setlist...