"WHAT SEATS I GOT IN THE PRE-SALE!!" THREAD

Started by EgoTesticle, Jun 26, 2008, 09:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

getinthevan

Something that could be somewhat relevant to this thread.  Though I do enjoy the current discussion.

http://www.pollstar.com/news/viewnews.pl?NewsID=10574

The Bot Stops Here
Thursday, Jun 26, 2008 11:01AM

A U.S. District Court judge in Los Angeles has awarded Ticketmaster more than $18 million in its case against RMG Technologies after finding that RMG aided scalpers in obtaining tickets through the TM site at speeds and volumes far beyond human capacity.
Judge Audrey Collins ruled in a default judgment that RMG created, trafficked in and facilitated the use of automated bot programs that were able to circumvent the technological copy protection systems of Ticketmaster.com, and issued a permanent injunction against RMG June 19th.
"This is a big win for fans of live entertainment as well as for Ticketmaster," TM general counsel Edward Weiss said in a statement. "Consumers understand that there often simply are not enough tickets to meet demand, but RMG's technology was used by some to unfairly cut to the front of the line. Ticketmaster will continue to fight for an equitable ticket distribution process."
TM filed suit against RMG last year claiming brokers were "bombarding Ticketmaster's Web site with millions of automated ticket requests that can constitute up to 80 percent of all ticket requests made," denying "the public access to tens of thousands of tickets so that RMG's customers can purchase and resell those tickets to the same public at inflated prices."
The proof seemed to be in the pudding when tickets for one of 2007's hottest shows - Hannah Montana - sold out everywhere within minutes, showing up soon after on the secondary market. Collins issued a preliminary injunction against RMG last fall.
TM's award of $18.2 million, plus attorneys fees and costs, stems from profits RMG wrongfully earned through infringement of Ticketmaster's copyrights, inducement to breach contract and intentional interference with contractual relations, Collins wrote in the judgment.
The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place

bold99

QuoteSomething that could be somewhat relevant to this thread.  Though I do enjoy the current discussion.

The Bot Stops Here

A U.S. District Court judge in Los Angeles has awarded Ticketmaster more than $18 million in its case against RMG Technologies after finding that RMG aided scalpers in obtaining tickets through the TM site at speeds and volumes far beyond human capacity.
Judge Audrey Collins ruled in a default judgment that RMG created, trafficked in and facilitated the use of automated bot programs that were able to circumvent the technological copy protection systems of Ticketmaster.com, and issued a permanent injunction against RMG June 19th.
"This is a big win for fans of live entertainment as well as for Ticketmaster," TM general counsel Edward Weiss said in a statement. "Consumers understand that there often simply are not enough tickets to meet demand, but RMG's technology was used by some to unfairly cut to the front of the line. Ticketmaster will continue to fight for an equitable ticket distribution process."
TM filed suit against RMG last year claiming brokers were "bombarding Ticketmaster's Web site with millions of automated ticket requests that can constitute up to 80 percent of all ticket requests made," denying "the public access to tens of thousands of tickets so that RMG's customers can purchase and resell those tickets to the same public at inflated prices."
The proof seemed to be in the pudding when tickets for one of 2007's hottest shows - Hannah Montana - sold out everywhere within minutes, showing up soon after on the secondary market. Collins issued a preliminary injunction against RMG last fall.
TM's award of $18.2 million, plus attorneys fees and costs, stems from profits RMG wrongfully earned through infringement of Ticketmaster's copyrights, inducement to breach contract and intentional interference with contractual relations, Collins wrote in the judgment.

I knew there was a reason I couldn't get Hannah Montana tix!
Last Fair Deal Gone Down...

YouAre_GivenToFly

QuoteSomething that could be somewhat relevant to this thread.  Though I do enjoy the current discussion.

The Bot Stops Here

I knew there was a reason I couldn't get Hannah Montana tix!

Although I like the precedent this sets to discourage things like this from happening, I'm not a fan of the big payday for Ticketmaster. Its win/win for them; they sold tickets at speeds "beyond human capacity", then they get $18 M because the buyers acted illegally.

>:(
The wind blew me back, via Chicago, in the middle of the night.

Penny Lane

QuoteI got 2 tix to section 9 on the floor.  this is my first show at MSG.  Ar these pretty good seats to have for this show?
Its on the floor and a friend just told me they put risers on the floor to help see above the people in front of you. You're lucky to get floor seats on the pre-sale, most everyone was pulling up 300's (or the mysterious "Promenade Box North").

.... This just announced!!!

South Promenade Box is the name of the opening band New Year's Eve!!!

... It seems to be a group made up of Stephen Hawking, Chris Cornell, Mario Batali and the original drummer from Josie & The PussyCats
I thought it was a nickname for Paris Hiltons genitalia. Its south, everyone walks there, and box...well, I dont want to get too vulgar.

sounds good but i hope stephen hawking sings in key this time...

.... Oh, that is SO wrong on SO many levels ........

i was pushed

.... You can't push the willing
Tell that to Stephen Hawking

Now THAT was funny!

;D
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

SomethingCreative

"Ok, we'll stay for Pearl Jam if  you promise to  watch My Morning Jacket." - 2 girls at lolla 07

rdb

section 96, row J, seats 10-12

Would love to trade for GA Floor.  I think these seats are straight back from the stage, 10 rows from the floor.