Guitar Hero and MMJ

Started by Cates, Feb 07, 2007, 11:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cates

I was playing Guitar Hero the other day and it hit me...wouldn't it be awesome for them to put in a MMJ song in the next Guitar Hero? I could see a song like "One Big Holiday" working pretty good.

Tree

Yeah that´d be freakin sweet. Or what about Lay Low??? Man, I´d like to freak out in front of the tv while playing the solo at the end of the song!  8-)

ellisintransit

The prospect of MMJ in Guitar Hero makes me extremely giddy.  I wish they would do it.  FYI though, if you're willing to put a mop chip in your Playstation 2, there are forums with instructions on how to put music that's not in the game in to it.  I saw video of someone playing Master of Puppets, and they had a massive list of songs that people had already ported over.  You have to have like 8 different freeware downdloads of programs, so it's not a simple thing, but it's out there.  Very nice.

I would kill to be able to throw down to the solos on Lay Low.  Oh man!

.Walt

lay low would awesome. i was thinking that last night at work when i was play some MMJ.  Honest Man would just be crazy, but i would go with OBH if i could pick just one. I wondered how many people would be turned on to MMJ because of that...a lot!
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

fan75

Quotelay low would awesome. i was thinking that last night at work when i was play some MMJ.  Honest Man would just be crazy, but i would go with OBH if i could pick just one. I wondered how many people would be turned on to MMJ because of that...a lot!

I came VERY close to doing that when I attempted to import an mp3 or wav of Lay Low into the PC program Frets On Fire...but unfortunately it didn't work for some reason.   (I think I even turned it into an Ogg file, and it still didn't work.  :-?  Maybe with some playing around with it, someone can figure it out...)

Anyway I know exactly what you mean.  Being able to "play" Lay Low,  War Begun, or any of MMJ great guitar solo songs would be great indeed.  8-)

http://savefile.com/projects/808465307
[url]http://savefile.com/projects/808465344[/url]

.Walt

figure that out, so then i can send you mine for you to do.  ;)

cmccubbin@work

i had heard a rumor that for Guitar Hero 3 they were going to take request for songs to be included in the game.  if that is the case and that does happen, then we HAVE to flood the site and request an MMJ song!!!

that would be so sweet!
If you're lucky, MMJ will fill the void you didn't even know you ever had. If you're luckier, you'll get to see them live.

.Walt

if that is true, we do have to flood them with mmj. but we should pick one song to flood.  

cmccubbin@work

Quoteif that is true, we do have to flood them with mmj. but we should pick one song to flood.  

agreed.  i will research this more.
If you're lucky, MMJ will fill the void you didn't even know you ever had. If you're luckier, you'll get to see them live.

ellisintransit

That's a damn fine idea.  If anyone hears anything about a poll or anything, post it so we can organize.  Can you imagine the feeling of playing OBH while flailing that tiny guitar around?  Oh man.  Anyway, I finally got un-lazy enough to look up the link for the mod.

http://www.destructoid.com/totally-metal-hack-allows-custom-guitar-hero-ii-songs-29339.phtml

I'm not much of a gamer myself or I would do it.  I actually just got a Playstation 2 before this past Christmas when I realized this game existed.  Looking forward to it coming to the Wii, because I want one anyway, and having that will be the deciding factor.  Anyway, if anyone manages to accomplish the mod, let us know.  I would love to hear how it works out.

.Walt

what song should we go with? i love the outro to masterplan. honest man and lay low are amazing.  but i still think OBH would turn a bunch of people into believers, for sure.

cmccubbin@work

Quotewhat song should we go with? i love the outro to masterplan. honest man and lay low are amazing.  but i still think OBH would turn a bunch of people into believers, for sure.

definitely OBH.  i hope this is true.  has anyone been able to find any info about this?

.Walt

i hope their ready for a flood. cause the rain is a coming.

Tree

OBH or Lay low...hmmmm

.Walt

its a tough decision no doubt, but lay low in my eyes i to long. (for the game) i would love to play lay low that would awesome.  :o

Tree

yeah you´re right and OBH has a nice solo, too!

.Walt

i just don't see anyone actually playing OBH. taking the time to try to master it, and not loving it. i just don't see it.

.Walt

are you ready to flood them with OBH?

cmccubbin@work

Quoteare you ready to flood them with OBH?

no doubt!