"Dress to tha nines" for NYE

Started by NoVa_NoLa, Nov 26, 2008, 04:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NoVa_NoLa

from the note on the homepage:

"...we invite and encourage everyone coming to the new years show to "dress to tha nines," in your finest and classiest party wear: suits/tuxedos, frilly dresses/luxurious ballgowns, top hats and canes, 2009 glasses, etc - as we intend to really "class up the joint" and celebrate the monumental year that 2008 was, whilst gazing forward to the thrills and chills that 2009 will hold."

Now, where'd I leave my ballroom sneakers?

Salacious D

This is making me nervous--I don't think I own anything that would qualify as "black tie."
Because if there's one thing that goes well with shooting zombies it's a Dolly Parton cover-el chode

Penny Lane

i was hoping that night would end w/laughter, tears,...and vomit---how can i do that in a 'ballgown'? :D
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

j_rud

Just saw the message from "Yim Yames" on facebook. The group Im going with had planned to wear tux's/formal wear all along; in fact GivenToFly started a thread about it back when the show was announced. This is going to be fucking awesome...I NEED this show. Since "my" leg of the summer tour ended with the Philly show Ive been in some serious Jacket withdrawal  :D
Say friend, you got any more of that good sasparilla?

YouAre_GivenToFly

The wind blew me back, via Chicago, in the middle of the night.

ALady

I'm hoping to wear a fifties-style prom dress.  We shall see.

No heels though, I'm gonna need to rock harder than heels will allow   ;D
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

kydiddle

QuoteI'm hoping to wear a fifties-style prom dress.  We shall see.

Agreed! No heels...a twisted ankle would suck. This is going to require some thought because wearing a dress will be fun, but the shoes can't interfere with my killer dance moves.

Ha.  :)

I love the fifties-style dress idea!
Cow temperature.

the_wizzard

Yes!  I brought my elbow length opera gloves to RCMH, because I felt that it was the right thing to do at such a classy place.  I am glad I opted out, because now I have the right thing to wear.  But shoes, yes ladies, shoes are vexxing for me too.  And I am in the footwear biz.  And jackets and layers and all that.  I must put on my thinking cap!

Dillsnufus

this sucks. i want to go but since it's nye i'm not allowed to go and i'm so close. this whole dress thing is prob another indication that they'll film this we makes me feel worse. dammit.
Gazziza My Dillsnufus

kydiddle

Quotethis sucks. i want to go but since it's nye i'm not allowed to go and i'm so close. this whole dress thing is prob another indication that they'll film this we makes me feel worse. dammit.

Why aren't you allowed to go?
Cow temperature.

ms. yvon

i wore a dress to the prom show.

went to a thrift store, bought a 50's party dress on it's way out.  i knew that the thing would be a wreck by the end of the night.

worked out just right.  the lace was decimated, it was covered in beer.  and i wore sneakers.   ;)

perhaps i'll just rock the tuxedo t-shirt.  :)
"i don't mean to brag, i don't mean to boast, but we like hot butter on our breakfast toast."

j_rud

Quotei wore a dress to the prom show.

went to a thrift store, bought a 50's party dress on it's way out.  i knew that the thing would be a wreck by the end of the night.

worked out just right.  the lace was decimated, it was covered in beer.  and i wore sneakers.   ;)

perhaps i'll just rock the tuxedo t-shirt.  :)

Im considering the tuxedo shirt myself. Lord knows it'll be hot hopping around in a coat/vest/long sleeve shirt. Decisions, decisions...

NoVa_NoLa

So much for dressing as peanut butter, pudding, or surprise.  ;)  

Gotta find something to wear that's easily modifiable so that I can look presentable at the MMJ show and not look out of place at the aftershow.   Though hopefully, by 2 am most folks will not really be able to judge presentable or out of place. :D

j_rud

QuoteSo much for dressing as peanut butter, pudding, or surprise.  ;)  

Gotta find something to wear that's easily modifiable so that I can look presentable at the MMJ show and not look out of place at the aftershow.   Though hopefully, by 2 am most folks will not really be able to judge presentable or out of place. :D
I dont imagine too many things look out of place at 2 AM New Years Eve in New York City lol

easy way

Ah yes...We'll be dressed to the nines, kids! Tophat, tails, a cane, white gloves and a fucking monocle...definately will be wearin' some tennies though. Gotta get down...gotta get down!

I think the girl's gonna do the 1920's thing...she'll be wearing sneakers too ladies. Hope to see you guys dressed up!
"the time is with the month of winter solstice, when the change is due to come..."

JacketGal

Agreed! No heels...a twisted ankle would suck. This is going to require some thought because wearing a dress will be fun, but the shoes can't interfere with my killer dance moves.

Another vote for no heels!

I am going to wear a brides maid dress that I have only worn once. It's all purty and poofy! I seriously cannot WAIT!!!

God, I love this band! Makes me want to cry sometimes (in a good way).
But seein you feels good, and its always understood.
That anything much sweeter would make me die.

Honest Man

I'm going to wear my birthday suit!  :D
The fact that my hearts beating, is all the proof you need.

the_wizzard

QuoteSo much for dressing as peanut butter, pudding, or surprise.  ;)  

you should have seen us arriving to a house party after NYE 2006  ;D ;D ;D
People were thoroughly confused as to why we looked like we rolled out of Little House on The Prairie!

the_wizzard

I think I solved the shoe problem...for $10.  I am going to rock out in these little numbers, of course with gel inserts and some mole skin on those key blister points:
http://www.oldnavy.com/browse/product.do?pid=613695002&tid=onfr1r
But no prom dress for me.....never wore a traditional one anyways.  I found a really comfortable shift dress covered in sequins.  I think sparkly counts as to the nines, right?

Penny Lane

I think I solved the shoe problem...for $10.  I am going to rock out in these little numbers, of course with gel inserts and some mole skin on those key blister points:
http://www.oldnavy.com/browse/product.do?pid=613695002&tid=onfr1r
But no prom dress for me.....never wore a traditional one anyways.  I found a really comfortable shift dress covered in sequins.  I think sparkly counts as to the nines, right?

i love those, wizz--i just want to be propped up higher so i can see over people in front of me --oh and in case jim sees me and pulls me up to dance just like that bruce springsteen video. i will def. consider those flats and i'm not wearing a frilly prom dress either
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill