Any posters for sale?

Started by Nexty76, May 06, 2010, 12:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mahg33ta

The other poster I would recommend on simple collectibility / rarity is the Louisville poster.   Sold out most everywhere, incl MMJ store and artist website.

Louisville '08?

That's right- sorry I should have been more clear.

The guy listed 30 different 08 MMJ tour posters on ebay, each 5 - 10 in quantity.   I'm pretty sure all but the Louisville and the NYE discussed above are still available at the MMJ store.

Nexty76

I just grabbed the MSG poster off eBay, figured take advantage while its available. Would really like the Burwell version as well. Went to Pearl Jam at MSG last week, was there before Black Keys opened, and posters were sold out already?!?!? Wtf. Frustrating. Is that Nashville one still up for grabs? Headed to Bonnaroo in two weeks hoping to see some nice stuff down there poster wise.

johnnYYac

QuoteI just grabbed the MSG poster off eBay, figured take advantage while its available. Would really like the Burwell version as well. Went to Pearl Jam at MSG last week, was there before Black Keys opened, and posters were sold out already?!?!? Wtf. Frustrating. [highlight]Is that Nashville one still up for grabs?[/highlight] Headed to Bonnaroo in two weeks hoping to see some nice stuff down there poster wise.

Looks like it: http://burlesquedesign.com/store.htm
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

ALady

The other poster I would recommend on simple collectibility / rarity is the Louisville poster.   Sold out most everywhere, incl MMJ store and artist website.

Louisville '08?

That's right- sorry I should have been more clear.

The guy listed 30 different 08 MMJ tour posters on ebay, each 5 - 10 in quantity.   I'm pretty sure all but the Louisville and the NYE discussed above are still available at the MMJ store.

Ah, just curious.  I didn't realize it wasn't readily available.

I have an extra Louisville '08 (not signed/numbered) that I got at the show, if anyone wants it.
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

johnnYYac

ALady

There were some folks who got a meet-and-greet with the band at that show and I believe they were given those posters.  Maybe not all of the attendees were diehard fans...though I know at least one of our own was there and snagged one.   ;)  I tried to buy one the next day at Hatch Show Print, but there weren't any left.

I, uh...might have to bid on this.   ;D  That was a great show.

mahg33ta

QuoteThere were some folks who got a meet-and-greet with the band at that show and I believe they were given those posters.  Maybe not all of the attendees were diehard fans...though I know at least one of our own was there and snagged one.   ;)  I tried to buy one the next day at Hatch Show Print, but there weren't any left.

I, uh...might have to bid on this.   ;D  That was a great show.

I'm taking this one, you get next one!  ;)   will save us both a lot of money!

ALady

Aw man!

...flip a coin?   ;)

bicyclejoe

And the coin flip says it goes to me.

johnnYYac

Look at what I started.  

Why don't we avoid any bad feelings and just have each of you chip in and get it for me.  Then we can call it even.  Sound good?  

mjkoehler

because I'm lazy as fuck, are signed posters frequently on ebay? and I agree, why part with it? If not to expensive, I'm totally bidding on this mofo if it's not too much.

johnnYYac

Quotebecause I'm lazy as fuck, are signed posters frequently on ebay? and I agree, why part with it? If not to expensive, I'm totally bidding on this mofo if it's not too much.

I'm now in the habit of checking eBay at least once daily for Omnichords.  I always check for MMJ stuff, too.  I've only seen 3 signed posters come up.  The Nashville one, another with the whole band (can't remember the details), and one that keeps coming back- a "bird surgery" Z Tour poster signed by Jim James.  It was recently up for around $50.

Here it is: http://cgi.ebay.com/Signed-In-Person-JIM-JAMES-My-Morning-Jacket-POSTER-/400120904091?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5d2910799b

mjkoehler

hmmm since I'm not allowed to travel to see them, and apparently we have a Jacket repellent in the 'Lou, I feel I need to get a signed poster. I gonna have to watch the one sign by the whole band. Sigs look authentic.

Crispy

The "bird surgery" sig looks like a fake to me.
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

ALady

It looks a little weird, doesn't it?

I, uh, I'm pretty sure the Nashville sigs are fake too.  Yup.  ;)

johnnYYac

QuoteThe "bird surgery" sig looks like a fake to me.

The poster claims authenticity with a photo of Jim James "after he signed the poster."  Don't see how that seals the deal.  What makes you think its fake, or are you (like ALady) trying to throw others off the trail.

;)

johnnYYac

Found a cool poster blog.  Check it out.

http://insidetherockposterframe.blogspot.com/

Pardon the parallel post in Other Music.