Main Menu

New PJ DVD

Started by ctdeadhead, Sep 22, 2007, 07:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CTdeadhead

The new PJ DVD arrived today and as I was flipping through the awesome postcard set inside the packaging I saw this one:

getinthevan

Wednesday, why aren't you here yet so I have time to go buy this sure-to-be-wonderful DVD?
The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place

dragonboy

That's such a cool pic, cheers CT.
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

bridget

oh that makes me want to be in Europe... so old and pretty...

thanks ct!

CTdeadhead

Well I watched the DVD last night and all I can say is wow.  PJ fans will not be disappointed.  

The "A Quick One While He's Away" is so fucking incredible I nearly fainted.  Does anyone know  how to get by the copyright protection to rip the audio from a DVD?  I want this version of a Quick One for my iPod.  Trust me folks, get this DVD its worth it just for this extra feature.  Fucking A it was awesome.  

yieldgirl

I can't wait to watch tonight at the Monkey Wrench  :)
He made it to the ocean, had a smoke in a tree.
The wind rose up set him down on his knee.
A wave came crashing like a fist to the jaw.
Deliver him wings,

sweatboard

I loved the scene with the fans sitting around playing PORCH on acoustic guitar; they did a great job editing that scene into Evenflow.  There were a bunch of great behind the scenes moments on this DVD.  I loved seeing Eddie interacting with his daughter.....it made my heart about burst.  It seems like Eddie has a habit of taking the weight of the world on his shoulders (which is a good thing, in so many ways) but seeing him with his daughter probably made me "THINK" just as much as any lyric he may have ever written.  I guess it puts all the lyrics in an even more powerful perspective.  Eddie has always genuinely cared, he's always had a giant heart and for some reason, seeing him with a child made it all even more real for me.  Of course I tend to get real emotional about Pearl Jam, when the opening notes to Corduroy came on my eyes started watering up and this flood of memories just came washing over me.  My wife and I have had so many amazing trips going to see the band and somehow the opening lines to Corduroy shot them all straight back into my heart.  Watching Eddie play Immortality solo on his guitar to an empty arena was another moment that gave me the warm chills.  The Picture In A Frame performance at the very end is so well done....you'll just have to see it.  

and Oh Yeah, THEY PLAYED A SONG WITH MY MORNING JACKET!!!!!!
I remember going to see PJ in Ashville NC for the vote for change tour.  I had bought an extra copy of AcousticCitsuoca on vinyl (knowing that Eddie is a big fan of Vinyl) to throw up on the stage before the show started.  I had it all planned out..........I was going to get there really early and throw it up on stage with a note.... "FOR EDDIE"  I had seats in the pit so I knew I could get close enough to toss it on stage.  I just knew that he would love the band, and my most desperate wish was that he would listen and someday my dream would come true....they would play a show together.  This wish eventually did come true (although I never threw the album on stage because security people scare me :() and I traveled all the way to East Rutherford New Jersey to see it happen.  While I was there I met a member of this very forum who turned out to be one of the sweetest most amazing people I have ever met(.....Thank You Jim James......  ;)).  The whole trip was a sort affirmation that magic and love and good people really do have an overwhelming strong presence in this world.  I think Jim and Eddie both have super giant hearts and they both seem to be able to somehow express these hearts through their music in a way that makes a beautiful and positive impact in the world.....and I don't really think there could be a better reason to make music, so I really appreciate both of them.  I also appreciate so many members of this forum because they have just as big hearts and they have also had an amazingly positive impact on me.  Music really does have a way of bringing people together and I think this forum is a Great example.  I may have never met "Face" (Jenny) but I'm really excited about knowing what she's doing in five years because I know it's going to be amazing and I hope she'll keep us posted.  I'm excited to hear what kind of music Tom will be making in the future (not to mention what kind of facial hair he'll be styling).  I can't wait to see so many of my friends I've met through this band again......hopefully soon.  I'm so proud and excited for Meg and Corey and what they've been doing with music.  I hope they both play Knoxville one day........together.  :)  I have truly met so many amazing and beautiful people through this forum.  Keep it up friends!!!!!!!

Love,

Brian
There's Still Time.........

The DARK

QuoteI loved the scene with the fans sitting around playing PORCH on acoustic guitar; they did a great job editing that scene into Evenflow.  There were a bunch of great behind the scenes moments on this DVD.  I loved seeing Eddie interacting with his daughter.....it made my heart about burst.  It seems like Eddie has a habit of taking the weight of the world on his shoulders (which is a good thing, in so many ways) but seeing him with his daughter probably made me "THINK" just as much as any lyric he may have ever written.  I guess it puts all the lyrics in an even more powerful perspective.  Eddie has always genuinely cared, he's always had a giant heart and for some reason, seeing him with a child made it all even more real for me.  Of course I tend to get real emotional about Pearl Jam, when the opening notes to Corduroy came on my eyes started watering up and this flood of memories just came washing over me.  My wife and I have had so many amazing trips going to see the band and somehow the opening lines to Corduroy shot them all straight back into my heart.  Watching Eddie play Immortality solo on his guitar to an empty arena was another moment that gave me the warm chills.  The Picture In A Frame performance at the very end is so well done....you'll just have to see it.  

and Oh Yeah, THEY PLAYED A SONG WITH MY MORNING JACKET!!!!!!
I remember going to see PJ in Ashville NC for the vote for change tour.  I had bought an extra copy of AcousticCitsuoca on vinyl (knowing that Eddie is a big fan of Vinyl) to throw up on the stage before the show started.  I had it all planned out..........I was going to get there really early and throw it up on stage with a note.... "FOR EDDIE"  I had seats in the pit so I knew I could get close enough to toss it on stage.  I just knew that he would love the band, and my most desperate wish was that he would listen and someday my dream would come true....they would play a show together.  This wish eventually did come true (although I never threw the album on stage because security people scare me :() and I traveled all the way to East Rutherford New Jersey to see it happen.  While I was there I met a member of this very forum who turned out to be one of the sweetest most amazing people I have ever met(.....Thank You Jim James......  ;)).  The whole trip was a sort affirmation that magic and love and good people really do have an overwhelming strong presence in this world.  I think Jim and Eddie both have super giant hearts and they both seem to be able to somehow express these hearts through their music in a way that makes a beautiful and positive impact in the world.....and I don't really think there could be a better reason to make music, so I really appreciate both of them.  I also appreciate so many members of this forum because they have just as big hearts and they have also had an amazingly positive impact on me.  Music really does have a way of bringing people together and I think this forum is a Great example.  I may have never met "Face" (Jenny) but I'm really excited about knowing what she's doing in five years because I know it's going to be amazing and I hope she'll keep us posted.  I'm excited to hear what kind of music Tom will be making in the future (not to mention what kind of facial hair he'll be styling).  I can't wait to see so many of my friends I've met through this band again......hopefully soon.  I'm so proud and excited for Meg and Corey and what they've been doing with music.  I hope they both play Knoxville one day........together.  :)  I have truly met so many amazing and beautiful people through this forum.  Keep it up friends!!!!!!!

Love,

Brian

Brilliant post, Brian! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
In another time, in another place, in another face

BH

The "A Quick One While He's Away" is so fucking incredible I nearly fainted.  

Ditto!   I just watched for the first time and holy crap!  I love having the bonnaroo version of A Quick One but this is just plain spectacular.  Jim and Eddie and Carl singing together!  Man that sounds good.  What a collaboration!  How about one more exclamation mark!  WOOOH!  Can someone do an audio transfer of this!

Oh, and Brian, I want to go buy a three ring binder and collect your special posts.  You know the ones I'm talking about.  Whenever I see more than one paragraph from you, I have to grab a drink and settle in.  You have a way to make me feel what I'm reading.  

(Yes, I'm stoned, and Eddie is screaming in the background, but I'm serious.)
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

sweatboard

Ha, that is awesome BH.  I was excited when I noticed you post about having bought the DVD.  I figured you would really appreciate it.  Get your "cough" on brother!!!!!! :-*

sweatboard

I'm really looking forward to another online listening party.  That New Years Eve show was epic.  

BH, you have inspired me to go watch this DVD again.  My wife is out of town and I've been working on the wine we had leftover from our initial viewing party.  Here is a link to a really great interview with the film maker......

http://www.twofeetthick.com/tft/readArt ... on?id=2327

sweatboard

sweatboard

I just watched "A Quick One" again.....HOLY SHIT PATRICK CAN GET THE FUCK DOWN!!!!  Is there a better drummer in the world right now.....NO!  Eddie was loving that shit.  That just took be back to the Bonnaroo performance from 06, that had to be the best show they have ever played.....what's Crazy AND Awesome is that you could actually legitimately debate that it wasn't.

sweatboard

One more thought, I loved that they showed Eddie busting his ass during Alive in slow motion and left the sound of the mic hitting the ground in the audio.  There are so many bands that would have cut that for one reason or another.  Eddie misses lyrics, he hits bad notes, he falls, he says things he regrets,  but he's always passionate about it.  And that has made all the difference.

Kory

Brian, your long posts do kick ass but I also appreciate the short ones that you post one after another in the middle of the night as I can see you remembering shit to say and heading back the computer to type it out.
Here's the mp3 guys... I haven't watched it yet but converted the track for ya's.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/s72jw4
Visit [url="http://www.37flood.com"]http://www.37flood.com[/url] for Louisville music news.
Also, [url="http://www.koryjohnsonphotography.com"]http://www.koryjohnsonphotography.com[/url]

knotcameloose

QuoteBrian, your long posts do kick ass but I also appreciate the short ones that you post one after another in the middle of the night as I can see you remembering shit to say and heading back the computer to type it out.
Here's the mp3 guys... I haven't watched it yet but converted the track for ya's.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/s72jw4
You're the best, thanks.

Carl's hair blowing in the breeze....Ed smashing two rags of tambourines around...what a great version.
;D

BH

Damn I went to bed too early!   I could have talked shit with you fueled by wine as well!

Kory, ask and I shall recieve by the next fucking morning!  I seriously don't know what I would do without you.   I can't wait to I go to Louisville again so I can buy you a beer (or several!).
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

MarkW

Thanx Kory.  You should change your handle to Urok...
The trouble with the straight and the narrow is it's so thin, I keep sliding off to the side

cmccubbin@work

QuoteThanx Kory.  You should change your handle to Urok...

agreed
If you're lucky, MMJ will fill the void you didn't even know you ever had. If you're luckier, you'll get to see them live.

sweatboard

I also agree but if it's going to be his name shouldn't it be Irok?