Southeast Asia

Started by Andrew, Jan 06, 2005, 12:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Boar

Okay, so I am considering joining a few buddies for a trip to Southeast Asia after we graduate. I am fairly broke however -- I would have just about enough money to cover the trip if my parents will be gracious enough to loan me a bit.  ;D

We would be spending approximately 2-3 weeks in Vietnam, Cambodia, and Thailand, some of that spent with tour companies, some independently. Anybody been over there? How was it? Was it worth the money? How safe did you feel? Any tips or suggestions?

I'm still undecided, mostly because of money, so I am looking for feedback from you knowledgeable folks. For background, I consider myself a fairly adventurous and experienced traveler and have spent time throughout the U.S. and Europe.

Thanks for the help!

peanut butter puddin surprise

yo Boar, I just dreamed up a good reason for you to come to Louisville...

You can eat at several very authentic Vietnamese restaurants here to sample the food!  There's one in particular that is VERY authentic and totally awesome (Vietnam Kitchen, for you Louisville posters).  

Other than the food, and the tsunami, of course, I don't know much about travelling there.  But I can tell you a LOT about the food as I've had it a million times...
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

The Boar

Hahahaha, awesome. Yes, if I go, I imagine I should try to sample their cuisine before I head over. Perhaps a trip to Louisville is in order after all. :)