Coachella Line Up

Started by dogandponyshow, Feb 01, 2005, 11:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dogandponyshow

The Coachelle line-up was put out and it looks pretty good.  Thought that Nine Inch Nails was an intersesting pick.  Others include Coldplay, the ever mind boggling Wilco, Rilo Kiley, Spoon, Stereophonics, the Arcade Fire and of course the guy that is in every magazine on the cover or in a big article, Bright Eyes.  That guy has an amazing p.r. agent.  He is everywhere.

D.

sweatboard

Last year I would have rather been at Coachella this year I'd rather be at Bonnaroo.
There's Still Time.........

MMJ_fanatic

Hmmm, may have to make vaca plans to visit my California bro this year...
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

sweatboard

QuoteThe Coachelle line-up was put out and it looks pretty good.  Thought that Nine Inch Nails was an intersesting pick.  Others include Coldplay, the ever mind boggling Wilco, Rilo Kiley, Spoon, Stereophonics, the Arcade Fire and of course the guy that is in every magazine on the cover or in a big article, Bright Eyes.  That guy has an amazing p.r. agent.  He is everywhere.

D.

Bright Eyes, Yeah I've been listening to "I'm wide awake, It's Morning" a little lately.  I must say I gain more respect for that album with each play.  He's really good with words.  It's a good thing to, because if he wasn't saying something interesting he would have the most fucking annoying voice of all time.

EC

My brother and I always play that game "Okay!  You just got a million dollars.  What do you do?  Don't think!  GO!"

And I think I would take the time to travel to all the music festivals that there are in the world.

And then I'd give a bunch away to good projects and people who need it and stuff...

But first - rock!

MMJ_fanatic

if he wasn't saying something interesting he would have the most fucking annoying voice of all time.
bingo we got a winner folks!
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

sweatboard

Another thing is, I'm just so burnt out on political commentary.  I mentioned that I love Pearl Jam, but I love My Morning Jacket because they address all those things that make life so amazing regardless of the bullshit motherfucker who's in office.  Sometimes I just like to feel good about the fact that I'm alive and by your side!!!  I really hope Eddie adresses his heart more than his brain on the next album.  I've really appreciated Eddie speaking out, but at this point I just need to feel like there is some hope, and remeber what it is we are actually fighting for.

EC

QuoteAnother thing is, I'm just so burnt out on political commentary.  I mentioned that I love Pearl Jam, but I love My Morning Jacket because they address all those things that make life so amazing regardless of the bullshit motherfucker who's in office.  Sometimes I just like to feel good about the fact that I'm alive and by your side!!!  I really hope Eddie adresses his heart more than his brain on the next album.  I've really appreciated Eddie speaking out, but at this point I just need to feel like there is some hope, and remeber what it is we are actually fighting for.

I hear you sweatboard.  I think about that all the time.  But I wonder if you get to have such an opportunity as EV, if you feel the responsibility to speak up more.  If you're politically minded.  I know that a lot of people feel that politics and movies or politics and music don't mix - like Michael Moore's speech at the Academy Awards.  (I'm not saying that you don't, I'm just saying that some people get really annoyed by it.)  But I think, man, we value our celebrities (the good ones) more than we do our political leaders, and I'd rather know what Eddie has to say about something than George Bush.  And hopefully, because people might think that they're cool, or create something good, that they might listen to them...

And yet, I don't read the news.  I don't watch tv.  I rarely listen to the radio.  Usually, whatever big stuff has happened, I figure I'll hear about it.  (Generally late, so that people think I'm an idiot.)

BUT, I definitely think there IS something to being careful about how you disseminate your ideas.  Sometimes it's better and more effective to paint a world that you'd LIKE to live in, and live as an example, than to shove ideas down peoples' throats.  Which is why EV bugs me sometimes.