in the air tonight

Started by darkglow, Jul 25, 2005, 11:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

darkglow

i listen to this song every morning in the shower.. very good way to start the day.. you guys should try it

peanut butter puddin surprise

Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

tomEisenbraun

good air drums song
 8)
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

judging from the last post, is it that you guys are too young to remember "Miami Vice" and the utter dork/cheese factor with that song?

although, there were these tuxes at my prom...

tomEisenbraun

Haha, I'v e my fair share 80's awareness. Used to watch the miami vice reruns on TNN, before it turned into Spike.

Good stuff and hella dorky
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

EC

Quotejudging from the last post, is it that you guys are too young to remember "Miami Vice" and the utter dork/cheese factor with that song?

although, there were these tuxes at my prom...

I remember.  

Man, who was telling me the other day that they LOVED Phil Collins...  Seriously.  It was weird.  I mean, it's cool to like Phil Collins, of course it is, but this person was a MANIAC for Phil Collins.  Even bought his son's album.  (Apparently his son has an album.)

jonjon

Can anyone confirm that this story was written for a childhood friend of his that got raped? He found out who the man was that did the abuse, invited him to a concert and dedicated the song to him. That's just the way I heard it.
Look into Western skies, your answer is over there.

EC

QuoteCan anyone confirm that this story was written for a childhood friend of his that got raped? He found out who the man was that did the abuse, invited him to a concert and dedicated the song to him. That's just the way I heard it.
I heard that he was at a cottage, and he watched (from a window far away) this guy watch this person drown, and then invited him to a concert.

I smell a little urban myth...

CC

I liked this song a lot when it came out, but now it kinda scares me. like most of phil collins...

QuoteI liked this song a lot when it came out, but now it kinda scares me. like most of phil collins...

makes me wanna put on my Ocean Pacific hoody shirt and my acid washed, tagged jeans and drink a Bartles & James Wine Cooler.  it also possibly suggests a bad acid flashback at the same time...with all of the aforementioned ingredients as well....

QuoteI liked this song a lot when it came out, but now it kinda scares me. like most of phil collins...

makes me wanna put on my Ocean Pacific hoody shirt and my acid washed, tagged jeans and drink a Bartles & James Wine Cooler.  it also possibly suggests a bad acid flashback at the same time...with all of the aforementioned ingredients as well....

EC

Jesus Christ.  All of that.  ALL of it is so familiar to me.

Bartles & James, oh my god.  I swear to GOD the first time I got drunk was on those things.  

I remember getting a very very hot kiss that night, too.  ;) (You know,  hot as can be for 14, but it was pretty good.)

Awesome.

Jesus Christ.  All of that.  ALL of it is so familiar to me.

Bartles & James, oh my god.  I swear to GOD the first time I got drunk was on those things.  

I remember getting a very very hot kiss that night, too.  ;) (You know,  hot as can be for 14, but it was pretty good.)

Awesome.

oh my.  :)

jonjon

How many different stores did you go visit to try and find a black Members Only jacket? They always had green, brown or blue and the only black one was a size xtra small. If it didn't say Jordache on the back pocket, you weren't shit. I still have my rollerskates(not blades, but skates), cause you were not kewl if you were standing in line to get in and didn't have a pair of skates thrown over your shoulder. Your initials on any of the PacMan, Missle Command, Galaxy, Centipede, etc. machines was reason to call your friends over to show your braggin rights were true. Oh geez, Bartles & James.

And we thank you for your support.

sadly, all of the above.  now members only jackets have been co-opted by older gentlemen.

TheLink

wow, some really cool memories.  i was always confused as to whether the songs were by Genesis or just Phil.  It was like one year he would be alone and then he was in a video with puppet presidents and 2 other dudes.  Man the 80's were rockin!  Peace.

jonjon

I used to have a cassette with Live Genesis when Peter Gabriel was still grooving with them. I appreciate Peter without Genesis, but Phil with or without Mike and Tony are still very happening.

Quotegood air drums song
8)

That just dawned on me Eisey. Another great air drum song is Take Me Home. I love the power behind the music. On his album Serious Hits Live, Take Me Home is the closer and with the audience singing along, it gives me serious chills. I put that song on a cassette for sailing down the Mississippi when I went on a 3 day overnighter. The gentle wind and that song heading back to the New Orleans port is giving me the "good feeling" just thinking about it.

TheLink

i would say that Take Me Home is his best song. once you start doing Disney soundtracks, you are finished.  good luck to Phil.

jonjon

Quotei would say that Take Me Home is his best song. once you start doing Disney soundtracks, you are finished.  good luck to Phil.

I'm not so sure if you're finished or need a break for some serious realignment. Hell, I've got a version of Rainbow Connection from the Muppets that rocks nicely.

EC

Disney didn't make the Muppet Movie, did they?

Muppet songs are wicked.  Disney songs are barf.