Main Menu

Pearl Jam

Started by waxy, Aug 24, 2005, 11:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

slappymoe

and....all 3 of us were put on the waitlist, which is essentially the same as the "tough shit, you're not getting tickets yet again" list. :cry:

Mr. White

Quote from: slappymoe on Apr 28, 2023, 09:30 AMand....all 3 of us were put on the waitlist, which is essentially the same as the "tough shit, you're not getting tickets yet again" list. :cry:

Wait List for me too ...

... waiting ...

Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

slappymoe

Quote from: Mr. White on Apr 28, 2023, 10:34 AM
Quote from: slappymoe on Apr 28, 2023, 09:30 AMand....all 3 of us were put on the waitlist, which is essentially the same as the "tough shit, you're not getting tickets yet again" list. :cry:

Wait List for me too ...

... waiting ...

can't imagine it won't sell out during the verified sale.  but for now, we can dream.

Cameron

Fan2fan will have better options when it opens in May. Be patient.

slappymoe

:thumbsup:   

it's just so frustrating......

slappymoe

After nearly 3 months of obsessively checking the Fan2Fan face value resale, and many near misses, I finally scored a lawn ticket for Indy. Got another month to try to find something better. :beer:

APR

Quote from: slappymoe on Aug 09, 2023, 08:26 PMAfter nearly 3 months of obsessively checking the Fan2Fan face value resale, and many near misses, I finally scored a lawn ticket for Indy. Got another month to try to find something better. :beer:

Good work slappy.  That's a verytough one to get, and at least you're in the venue.  Good luck with the upgrade. I'm looking forward to the tour and will be in Chicago and Austin. 

slappymoe

Quote from: APR on Aug 15, 2023, 12:10 PM
Quote from: slappymoe on Aug 09, 2023, 08:26 PMAfter nearly 3 months of obsessively checking the Fan2Fan face value resale, and many near misses, I finally scored a lawn ticket for Indy. Got another month to try to find something better. :beer:

Good work slappy.  That's a verytough one to get, and at least you're in the venue.  Good luck with the upgrade. I'm looking forward to the tour and will be in Chicago and Austin. 
thanks, very tough indeed.  i carted fan2fan tickets and went through the purchasing process at least a half dozen times only to get the dreaded "oops, something went wrong" message.  never could win the race to the finish.

it blows my mind that they're selling premiums for close to $1000 a pop....and people are paying it. :shocked:

you doing just one or both nights in chicago and austin?  really wish indy was a 2-nighter, but i'll happily take what i can get.

Cameron

Last year I accidentally bought a pair for Nashville for $800 each. I broke out in a flop sweat and was sure I'd have to explain to my wife why I just blew $1600 on a band I've seen 30 times. They resold in under 20 minutes!

slappymoe

amazing how quickly the face value resale tickets disappear. if you don't get thru the purchasing process in 6-7 seconds, they're gone.

but after dozens of failures, just scored 2 fine seats under the pavilion. :cheesy:

so freakin happy i felt compelled to announce it to random people on the internet :beer:

Cameron

Sucks it's postponed, dude! Hope you can make the new date.

slappymoe

made it to the outskirts of indy when my buddy's phone rang.

"WHAT??"   couldn't believe it.  lost 120 on the hotel room, too.

ended up with really good seats thanks to fan2fan.  i intend to use them.  or find even better. :thumbsup:

APR

the roller coaster you were on slappy...... not getting tix, to lawn, to good seats, to no show.  I hope you can get to the rescheduled date whenever that may be.  And I hope you didn't have to drive too far.

ChiefOKONO

Blows my mind as well that people are paying that kind of money for one show.

That could finance a year's worth of all kind of different shows!!

100$ seems steep to me most days...

ChiefOKONO

I guess the limited number of PJ shows they've been playing lately also is a factor in the prices people are willing to spend too...

Reading about Taylor Swift tickets and the ridiculous $$$ being spent was insane.

slappymoe

Quote from: APR on Sep 11, 2023, 02:23 PMthe roller coaster you were on slappy...... not getting tix, to lawn, to good seats, to no show.  I hope you can get to the rescheduled date whenever that may be.  And I hope you didn't have to drive too far.
we're in louisville, so a fairly easy 2 hour drive. and making the rescheduled date, whenever that may be, won't be a problem......as long as it isn't during OBH.

but i already had this week scheduled off before the show was announced, didn't need to ask for extra time off, the weather was perfect for an outdoor show, got an early start so we could take a stab at the merch line, hadn't told my buddy about the upgrade, he still thought we were on the lawn, was going to be quite the surprise for him.

and then, reality strikes.

SteamEngineWentWest

Quote from: slappymoe on Sep 12, 2023, 10:40 AM
Quote from: APR on Sep 11, 2023, 02:23 PMthe roller coaster you were on slappy...... not getting tix, to lawn, to good seats, to no show.  I hope you can get to the rescheduled date whenever that may be.  And I hope you didn't have to drive too far.
we're in louisville, so a fairly easy 2 hour drive. and making the rescheduled date, whenever that may be, won't be a problem......as long as it isn't during OBH.

but i already had this week scheduled off before the show was announced, didn't need to ask for extra time off, the weather was perfect for an outdoor show, got an early start so we could take a stab at the merch line, hadn't told my buddy about the upgrade, he still thought we were on the lawn, was going to be quite the surprise for him.

and then, reality strikes.

I saw Pearl Jam for the first time last night in Fort Worth and Eddie seemed genuinely upset for having to cancel the Indy show. He apologized on several occasions throughout the show last night. They almost decided to cancel last night's show because he was still recovering from the flu and Matt was out with Covid and had a replacement drummer. 

jose elberto

Just caught them in St Paul for their N2 set and they SMOKED. That Ft Worth setlist from last night looked incredible! Even though Matt was out I'm sure you had a blast.

Cameron

105 unique songs played in this 8 show tour. Pretty amazing.

APR

Back to back Austin shows - only one song repeated, which was Alive.  Two great nights that had something for everyone - rare songs, hits, old stuff, new stuff.  McCready looks like he is having constant fun playing.  They still sound great, with Eddie's voice staying excellent and strong.  Eddie said the album is done and will come out next year.  Bring on the multi night runs next year without repeats a la MMJ!