Main Menu

smokin'

Started by johnconaway, Sep 20, 2005, 08:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EC

Quotework.  home.  family.  stuff.

I've stopped smoking and increased my bourbon consumption.  Is that bad?  I don't think so...

I think people are generally pretty aware of themselves.  If you think it's bad, it's probably bad.  If you're okay with it and you're not hurting anybody, you're probably okay.

Speaking of bourbon, I went to the liquor store the other night to get a bottle of wine, and not only did they have my favourite wine there which you can NEVER EVER find ever ever, BUT they had just stocked up on Knob Creek.  Dudes, this is wicked.  My KC bottle is about four drinks away from being done, and now I don't have to drive to Kentucky for another one.  :)

peanut butter puddin surprise

I think people are generally pretty aware of themselves.  If you think it's bad, it's probably bad.  If you're okay with it and you're not hurting anybody, you're probably okay.

Speaking of bourbon, I went to the liquor store the other night to get a bottle of wine, and not only did they have my favourite wine there which you can NEVER EVER find ever ever, BUT they had just stocked up on Knob Creek.  Dudes, this is wicked.  My KC bottle is about four drinks away from being done, and now I don't have to drive to Kentucky for another one.  :)

oh we have ways of getting bourbon to ya without driving here, although having you drive here again would be pretty sweet!

i'm okay with it;  nothing Dean Martin about my drinking, just a cocktail or two.  shoulda seen me on Saturday though-that was classic Dean Martin drinkin'... ;)
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

peanut butter puddin surprise

it's a good thing Susan drove, that's all I'm gonna say!
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

primushead

Quote If that fibreglass gets in your gums, it's gotta go somewhere.  

You spelled fiberglass wrong :)  

P.S.  I'm just giving you shit...i know about the whole 're' thing.

thebigbang

QuoteJooooooohn.  Man.

I agree about not chewing.  I personally have never tried that, nor do I think it could possibly be anywhere near as satisfying as actually smoking, but it sounds disGUSTing.  Weren't we talking about that stuff here before?  Isn't there shit in it that cuts up your gums so that it is absorbed into your blood stream quicker?  Yeah.  That sounds sick as hell.

Sorry if this makes me sound too much the contrarian, but for what it's worth, I've always thought that smoking was sick as hell and quite disgusting.  Absolutely have never understood its appeal.  

Chewing the garbage sounds less gross than burning and inhaling it.  People who otherwise seem fairly reasonable making a totally foolish decision to start smoking.  I just don't get it.

Just a Heartbreakin' Man, doing a Victory Dance with Shaky Knees, along a Bermuda Highway

primushead

I've been cutting back alot lately.  I haven't bought a pack in about a month, and have smoked about 1 every 3 days on average.  I'm hoping to tone it down gradually until new years, when hopefully I'll quit.  Wish me luck!

tomEisenbraun

me and my friends just bought some tobacco and papers and we've been rolling our own. it's horrible stuff. i can hardly climb stairs now. but boy does it knock you on your ass!
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

primushead

Quoteme and my friends just bought some tobacco and papers and we've been rolling our own. it's horrible stuff. i can hardly climb stairs now. but boy does it knock you on your ass!

Ah yeah, i used to roll my own.  Whatchu rollin'?  I was always partial to drum tobacco.

wordawg

I'm old, but good for my years.  I started smoking when I was 22.  Its a stupid waste of time and money and your health.  And I can't stop.  To be absolutely correct, I don't want to stop.

So next time some reformed smoker tells you thats its ruining your lungs, blow them off.  Tell them you know somebody who lost his brain but kept his lungs through smoking. (Moreorless)

Its late here.  I've been at work for exactly 14 hours.  And now I am going to creep out and have a smoke.  

Crass stupidity.

wordawgasp.
the future is Ginger

primushead

damn...14 straight hours?  Puff on that cig man...puff away.

SMc55

Quotedamn...14 straight hours?  Puff on that cig man...puff away.

And he's still there. 9am to 9am. He's a hero  :D

MMJ_fanatic

QuoteI'm all about djarum's....mmmmmmmmmm, tasty.

don't do it man!  I've heard the cloves are even worse for ya than the regulars...
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

ratsprayer

don't do it man!  I've heard the cloves are even worse for ya than the regulars...

yes so they say, one clove is like 5 regular cigs or something.  guess what, you dont have to smoke 'em that often, so it all works out in the end.  mmmmmm....cloves
 :D

Jellyfish

For curbing those cravings. ;)
The fact that my hearts beating
is all the proof you need

fitzcarraldo

smokin', yep. American Spirit Lights and sumthin else. I wish I never started. (the cigs that is)

Good luck Primushead, I need it too.

thebigbang

By the way, in case anyone is wondering about the irony . . .  That's Two Tone in my forum icon with the cig hanging on his lip.  In case anyone was wondering about the contradiction to my first post about the disgusting habit.

Just a Heartbreakin' Man, doing a Victory Dance with Shaky Knees, along a Bermuda Highway

ratsprayer

my wife has been rolling her own.  we got one of those fancy $30 machines and a big bag of 'bacco.  here in ohio, cartons are $36 and up, unless youre buying ass cigs.  doing it this way is about $8.50 to $10 a carton.  dig it.

Jellyfish

What a lovely sentiment.  Let me tell you what would happen if I felt like a cigarette and all I had were altoids:

me - "This fucking sucks!  This stupid fucking mint sucks and I hate the shit out of it!!  I fucking hate this mint.  Whose idea was this?  This is hell!"
:)

Kind of like how I feel right now.  Long night, no stores open, pisssssssssssssssssssssssss.

Haha....I was being serious....I used them to quit cigs 10 years ago.....only now I can't quit the "toids".
 ;D
The fact that my hearts beating
is all the proof you need

tomEisenbraun

yeah, me and some friends have started rollign cigarettes. They have to horrible for you, but they taste and just are so much better.
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

ratsprayer

I don't know about the taste factor.  I also can't roll for crap.  I have tried.  I'm a terrible roller.

But I can rock, so that balances out. ;)

well shit, that stuffs worse for you than cigs.  

just kidding   :P