***Official*** Black Keys Thread

Started by capt. scotty, Dec 24, 2010, 12:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

capt. scotty

It sucks that no thread from the last year and a half transferred over in this forum, but maybe thats a good thing because now we can have 1 Keys thread instead of 7  :P
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

e_wind

BLACK KEYS NEW YEARS EVE IN A WEEK
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

e_wind

ALady

Thursday wooo

When do you get into town, e_wind?
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

e_wind

Originally it was looking like I'd be in Chicago from Friday to Sunday. Now it's looking like we might leave Thursday morning instead, but its not really up to me. I'll be going to the NYE and NYD shows as of now, but will also be attending Thursday if we leave the day before.

he.who.forgets

anyone heard the mashups of Big Boi & The Keys?  Nothing to do with Blacroc, think it was just done by a DJ, but they are the tits. I beleive they are tracks off of Big Boi's latest album, all played over beats from Brothers.  All downloadable here: http://www.antiquiet.com/news/2010/12/the-black-keys-big-boi-brothers-of-chico-dusty/
Enjoy! I'm helplessly hooked on these

.Walt

Quote from: he.who.forgets on Dec 28, 2010, 04:24 PM
anyone heard the mashups of Big Boi & The Keys?  Nothing to do with Blacroc, think it was just done by a DJ, but they are the tits. I beleive they are tracks off of Big Boi's latest album, all played over beats from Brothers.  All downloadable here: http://www.antiquiet.com/news/2010/12/the-black-keys-big-boi-brothers-of-chico-dusty/
Enjoy! I'm helplessly hooked on these

Thanks!
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

e_wind

woodnymph

Quote from: kydiddle on Jan 12, 2011, 12:52 PM
"Bring it Cape Cod!"

This is kinda funny:

http://stereogum.com/615281/vampire-weekend-the-black-keys-hit-colbert-for-a-sell-out-off/top-stories/lead-story/
Hahahahahhahahahahah my friend texted me at 2am to see that but my phone was in the other room!! Thanks for the link! That is terrific!!!
Daylight is good at arriving in the night time

ALady

Oh my gosh.  Dan with the chain is hilaaaaaaarious.
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

capt. scotty

the Keys might have sealed the greatest music video ever award with their new vid for Howlin For You

http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi695638553
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

.Walt

My buddy called me up and said he ordered 4 tickets on Saturday to the St Paul show in July. I just looked and it's sold out already. Thank you Jesus!  :bath:

Taterbug

Patricks ex-wife dishin on Dans High school days.  She sounds kinda bitter and jealous to me.

"At the time, Patrick also began a project with a guy named Dan Auerbach. Dan and Pat had played music a couple of times in high school. I knew Dan because he lived across the street from my ex-boyfriend. Dan was a soccer jock who idolized Dave Matthews and G. Love and the Special Sauce. Bands I despised. He was a real macho type who walked around town like a bulldog. He listened to Howard Stern, called his girlfriends "babe" and referred to indie pop as "gay." I never did like Dan much. And I know he never liked me. He and Patrick were complete opposites with little in common except for one thing: insatiable ambition."

Here is the link to the article

http://www.thelmagazine.com/TheMeasure/archives/2011/03/07/the-black-keys-dan-auerbach-allegedly-loves-dave-matthews-calls-indie-pop-gay
"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle" Honest Abe

.Walt

Thanks for posting this Tater. I read the article that she wrote. It was nice to hear a little inside information about how the band started. I can see where she's coming from, but good lord, did you have to air your dirty laundry out. I thought Dan is still married? If he is she didn't have to call him out for cheating on his wife, especially when she admitted to cheating on Pat. She shouldn't be the one pointing the finger...even if she dislikes Dan (which clearly she does). She came across as a very jealous ex. The Black Keys are still doing just fine without her, and I'm sure that pisses her off.

Taterbug

You know it. Good riddance Yoko.
"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle" Honest Abe

.Walt

kydiddle

Cow temperature.

SaraBananaBear

Well, if you've been in a relationship with someone for nine years, presumably there were some good years in there and for at least some part of those years (presumably yet again) you loved the person you were with. Then you break up, for whatever reason and part ways, but the person you were in a relationship with is a musician with the opportunity to use media to comment on what's happened and not only takes this opportunity, but does it in a (seemingly) pretty careless way.

Under those circumstances I think she handled it well and tells a pretty nuanced story without pointing fingers. I don't think the same thing can be said for Patrick... If you haven't read the Rolling Stone interview that the Black Keys did a while back (before the ex-wifes piece), then here's some quotes:

QuoteCarney, meanwhile, is coming off of a rough divorce. He and his wife were married two years but together for nine, and according to pretty much everyone involved, that was about eight and a half too many. "It was really fucked up." Carney says, sucking on a cigarette outside the band's trailer. He says she slept with his best friend, lied to him for years, bilked him for money. By the end, Carney was depressed, drinking a lot, and had gained 25 pounds.

"Homeboy was miserable," Auerbach says. "He was being manipulated mentally and emotionally. It was so draining." Carney finally broke it off last July, with a phone call while his wife was in Europe. ("The ultimate pussy move," he admits.) He says it cost him a quarter of a million dollars, plus health insurance and a monthly alimony check: "Totally worth it."

QuoteLast February, Auerbach put out a well-received solo album called Keep It Hid. There was only one problem: He didn't tell Carney. "I was fucking pissed," Carney says. "Everyone knew but me. I was mad at Dan. I was mad at our manager. I was mad at everybody." He worried Auerbach had moved on, that he might quit the group. For a few months last spring, the two hardly spoke. They weren't sure they'd make another record.

"I'd played him the songs," Auerbach says in his defense. "Maybe I didn't explain that there was a record coming, but I didn't know until it was pretty much done." Besides, he says: "I didn't feel like I could share a lot with Pat toward the end of [his marriage]. His ex-wife was really cock-blocking our relationship."

Eventually, says Carney, he realized that his anger "was really misdirected anger I had toward [my wife]." After they split, he and Auerbach talked it out, and they realized how important the band was to both of them. "Then we hugged and made up," says Auerbach. "And it's been all good ever since."
(Read the whole interview here: http://theblackkeysfanlounge.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/rolling-stones-black-keys.pdf)

In my opinion she has the right to respond to that and tell her side of the story.
Europe ♥ My Morning Jacket