Dec 29th - Yim Yames/Ben Sollee/Daniel Martin Moore Brown Theater - The Ville

Started by antonio, Nov 12, 2011, 09:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crispy

DAMN! Wish I could be there to see all the Ville and Midwestern peeps, sounds like it's going to be a helluva good time!
"...the Bear, Heartbreakin' Man, Evelyn...I think we all know those."

ALady

Quote from: mahg33ta on Dec 28, 2011, 09:58 AM

pretty cool poster, very ornate print and cool ink (pic does not do justice)
low run so make sure you grab one if you are into such things!

Who did the poster?  Very cool, indeed.
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

e_wind

i wouldn't recommend Lynn's personally. its okay, but they're selling you a whacky atmosphere mainly. the food is average. If you don't have much time, I'd say the Highlands is where you should go for food/shopping. Its pretty close to downtown where the theater is, and it has tons of shops and restaurants, most of which are locally owned.  BBC is a good place to eat, imo, if you're gonna be there already. It has good food and great beer and is super close to the theater.

that being said, my group of people going has grown from 2 to at least 7, so I'm not sure if we'll make it to BBC or not. Since most of them aren't insane fans, I don't think I'll be able to convince anyone to get there early for prime spots, either. Maybe see you guys tomorrow!
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

Penny Lane

Quote from: crazylove on Dec 28, 2011, 12:18 PM
Unexpected great news for me, TEO got me a ticket too!  Thought this was just going to be a boy thing, so super duper pumped! Looking forward to seeing the show, but also ewind, Jane, AMD, BH and more!  Going to miss Penny :(  See you all soon!

TEO tell Penny too late! Will miss Crazylove trying to take Penny's man. Crazy show cleavage, get setlist. Steal Ben cello case.

BH!! Woo hoo! Damn...
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

peacenutt

:( Waited a day to late to get tickets. Need 2 if anyone can help a fellow jackethead. Please and Thank You :beer:
Strangers stopping strangers, just to shake their hand.

slappymoe

my group has grown to a dozen or so. 

two of us went to the BBC before the chris cornell show (also a thursday night), it was so crowded that we could hardly find a place to stand, let alone sit and eat.  current group plans are to hit some other place for pre-show food and drinks.....which makes me sad, 'cause i love the BBC.   but majority rules.

Penny Lane

Quote from: slappymoe on Dec 28, 2011, 04:15 PM
my group has grown to a dozen or so. 

two of us went to the BBC before the chris cornell show (also a thursday night), it was so crowded that we could hardly find a place to stand, let alone sit and eat.  current group plans are to hit some other place for pre-show food and drinks.....which makes me sad, 'cause i love the BBC.   but majority rules.

Hey Slappy!! Happy holidays!
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

funniesaru

The poster was done by Hound Dog Press.

There will be very limited amounts of posters on sale at the show and even a more limited run of signed posters on sale. Signed posters will be $100.

ALady

e_wind

These are frugal times, so I'll probably pass on a signed one. 100$ is kind of laughable, unless that money is also being donated. Wayne Coyne and Les Claypool had autographed posters at red rocks for 100 this year, which I also thought was a bit outrageous.
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

Fully

Quote from: peacenutt on Dec 28, 2011, 03:22 PM
:( Waited a day to late to get tickets. Need 2 if anyone can help a fellow jackethead. Please and Thank You :beer:
I will probably have one extra. If that works for you, let me know.

benweasel

Looking for two, have a couple friends who want to join but waited :o  Beers upon pickup at BBC If seller likes!

ALady

Quote from: e_wind on Dec 28, 2011, 06:10 PM
These are frugal times, so I'll probably pass on a signed one. 100$ is kind of laughable, unless that money is also being donated. Wayne Coyne and Les Claypool had autographed posters at red rocks for 100 this year, which I also thought was a bit outrageous.

I would assume it's going to Kentuckians for the Commonwealth, since the show is a benefit.

redpotokasea

my date fell through  :'(.  what time will people be there?

Quote from: aMillionDreams on Dec 27, 2011, 04:14 PM
Ill meet you for a beer and hopefully Teo will be in town. You know I'm gonna be at Bbc. I'm down to preshow with some peeps.

redpotokasea

got one extra.  meet ya where?  my date didnt come through. looking to pre-show a little. 

Quote from: benweasel on Dec 28, 2011, 06:58 PM
Looking for two, have a couple friends who want to join but waited :o  Beers upon pickup at BBC If seller likes!

benweasel

Quote from: redpotokasea on Dec 28, 2011, 07:53 PM
got one extra.  meet ya where?  my date didnt come through. looking to pre-show a little. 

if we can pull off the second, wanna meet at bbc, 330p?

aMillionDreams

Quote from: redpotokasea on Dec 28, 2011, 07:49 PM
my date fell through  :'(.  what time will people be there?

Quote from: aMillionDreams on Dec 27, 2011, 04:14 PM
Ill meet you for a beer and hopefully Teo will be in town. You know I'm gonna be at Bbc. I'm down to preshow with some peeps.

I'm thinking around 4.
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

benweasel

Quote from: benweasel on Dec 28, 2011, 08:07 PM

Got the second!  Let's meet up at BBC!

redpotokasea

dont know if i can make it at 3:30.  currently out of town.  not sure when i'll be back in the ville on thursday.

Quote from: benweasel on Dec 28, 2011, 08:57 PM
Quote from: benweasel on Dec 28, 2011, 08:07 PM

Got the second!  Let's meet up at BBC!