RIP to a dear MMJ fan

Started by exist10z, Jan 07, 2013, 10:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

exist10z

:cry:

Hi, im Misti, Erik's wife. I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this. But, I know what a huge fan my husband, Erik, was of MMJ and the friends he met through these boards. I'm sad to report that after a fantastic weekend in Port Chester, listening to the band closest to his heart, he passed away suddenly Thursday. ironically, we found him in his chair by his computer, downloading the shows from Port Chester. Those shows, along with the ones at the Wiltern in LA, meant so much to him. An MMJ fan through and through, the music brought him so much happiness. For those of you who chatted with him here, thank you. He was able to meet some great folks here and shared the MMJ love with many of you. RIP, my love. May Jim James play a special one for you one of these days. Love you, my soulmate.

Best,
Misti
Sisyphus - Just rollin' that rock up the hill, and hoping it doesn't crush me on the way back down..

headhunter

:cry: :cry: :cry:

very, very sad.    My sincerest condolences to you Misti on your loss.

We will miss him and will remind ourselves to live every day to the fullest.  Life is way too short.

Words just can't say enough.  So very sorry for you and your family.

was some shakin' and some record playin'

Crispy

Deepest condolences, Misti. I didn't interact with Erik much, but he was a very significant contributor here and I was always interested in what he had to say. May his memory continue to bring you as much happiness as I'm sure you and the music did for him.
"...the Bear, Heartbreakin' Man, Evelyn...I think we all know those."

jaye

Misti - I'm so sorry about Erik.   I met him at the Wiltern.   How wonderful that he was able to make it to the PC shows and have such happiness in his last days. 

Shug

I'm so sorry and sad for you and your family, Misti.  I met Erik in person once, at the Wiltern, but we didn't know who one another were.  We since had some really solid interactions here in cyberspace and he impressed me a lot with his intelligence and thoughtfulness and his passion for music.  A couple weeks ago, he contacted me through email.  He had figured out who I was and he told me that seeing me and my wife at those shows made him really wish he was together with you at those shows.  I mention that in hopes that at some point it will help you to know that even when he was rocking out to his favorite music, he missed you.  Best wishes to you and your and Erik's family.  My heart goes out to you.  :cry:
"Some like their water shallow, I like mine deep"

dp74

my condolences.  very sad to hear such terrible news.  strength to you and your family.

mahg33ta

Misti - (as you probably saw from his inbox) I PMed w/ Erik a lot in the weeks leading up to PC.    He was so excited for the shows and I really wanted to meet him.   As others have said, he was always a thoughtful, positive contributer and was honestly his participation was one of the bright spots of this forum this year.

I bought myself a ticket for night one of PC, not knowing if I could make it.   When it looked like it wasn't going to happen, I sold it to Erik.    Less than a week later, my schedule freed up and I was looking for a ticket.   Erik emailed me numerous times "feeling bad" that he bought my ticket, which was ridiculous because I sold it fair and square.   He then proceeded to spread the word for me and forward a few craigslist tickets for sale.    Finally when I bought one, as happy as I was he seemed more enthused! and offered to be me drinks.   Completely unnecessary of course!!  This is just a little story but it said an awful lot to me about your husband and the degree he was willing to help out someone he had never even met in person.

Fully

I'm so sorry to hear of your husband's passing. He was a very active contributor here and he will be missed. Please accept my condolences. My heart goes out to you.

LD

Misti - I'm so sorry to hear about Erik.  I met him in line at the Wiltern shows and I'm glad I did!  What a super nice guy.  I always enjoyed reading his posts, lots of thought and positivity in a wide range of topics.  He will be missed for sure....I am sending positive thoughts and many prayers your way!!! :cry:
It's too late to play it safe so let's let it all ride

CC

so sorry to hear, heartfelt condolences go out to you and your family

iLikeBeer

Words can't express how sorry I am to hear this news.  My father passed away suddenly just over a year ago and it is still hard to believe he isn't with us anymore.  Cherish the memories you have with Eric and it was good that he got to experience one last weekend of true joy spent with the band he loved during the PC run.

I never got to meet your husband, but as has been said, he was always fun to interact with here on the forum and was definitely a valuable and knowledgable member of this forum and will truly be missed!

Please accept my deepest condolences to you and your families as you try to get through the difficult days and weeks ahead...  :cry:

Haldon

oh no...this is terrible news.
I never got a chance to meet Erik in person...but I enjoyed his contributions to the board, and I had some limited interaction with him on the board when I tried (unsuccessfully) to get Erik some tickets for PC....he said he was hoping to take his sister to the thursday show...I wasn't able to come through...I don't know if she ever made it out there...hopefully she did and they were able to spend that time together

To Misti, I'm so sorry for your loss.  obviously there are no words to ease the whatever pain you must be feeling.  Please know, that all of us will keep you and your family in our prayers. 

BH

So sorry Misti.   I sent you a PM.   You will be in our thougths.   I hoped to meet Eric one day but never got a chance to.    Thanks for letting us know, that means a lot.

Dave
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

scosby2

So sorry to hear about your loss, Misti. I really enjoyed reading Erick's posts but unfortunately never got to meet him. I'll be praying for you!

Seth

walterfredo

Very sorry about your loss.  As others have mentioned, I always enjoyed what he brought to this forum.  Deepest condolences to you and your family.

tdb810

Oh Misti, I am so sorry to hear of Erik's passing.  I can't imagine what a heartbreaking time this must be for you, and your family and friends.  I had several interactions with Erik over the forum, and he was always had such a positive and kind energy.  My thoughts are with you. 
.....Back at the Model Home

LeanneP

Lots of love to you and your family Misti. I'm so very sorry for your loss. Erik's posts here were always a pleasure to read. 
Babe, let's get one thing clear, there's much more stardust when you're near.

zanjam

RIP Erik.  Misti, I am so sorry to hear this news.  He was a great contributor to the board and seemed like a super nice guy.  Sending love and healing your way.
anything + reverb always = better

ItBeats4Jew

unbelievable.  sincerest condolences on your loss Misti...to you and everyone that loved him. 
what Madonna said really helped

JerseyDan

my thoughts and prayers. best life lesson I ever learned: always best to celebrate life and not mourn death.