Tribute to 2 - new Jim covers album

Started by parkervb, Oct 30, 2017, 09:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sillyboob

Quote from: wheelhousetunes on Nov 22, 2017, 03:47 PM
The first Tribute To was great, but that was the At Dawn era Jim.

I haven't liked anything he's done solo since (other than his live performances of MMJ stuff).

I love the guy and I'm sure I'm in the very minority there, but it's just not for me.

Im in the same boat pretty much. Love MMJ but Jim solo hasn't really hit home, although I do dig 'A New Life'. Gonna pick up the new album and I'm hoping to hear a couple gems.
Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.

MOWJO8185

Has anyone listened? It's out there, giving a whirl now.

Lonndown27

(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

Cameron

hit and miss for me. some great, some meh.

LBSUNFLWR

justbcuzido

I liked this album, but damn was "I'll be your baby tonight" a miss. The vocals felt like a parody and so I couldn't take it seriously. He's done the Dylan crooning thing well before, this just felt so off.

Also, wasn't there another version of "Lucky Man"? The one used for a commercial I thought sounded much different, though maybe because it was with the band.
Mona Lisa must'a had the highway blues, you can tell by the way she smiles.

Mr._Nussbaum

Has anyone with the vinyl been able to get the digital download to work yet?  Whenever I try, it just says "This artist has not uploaded media for this card yet. Please check back soon."

MMJCOBRA

Finishing up side 1 now. Damn, I just love Jim's voice.  So far this album is a real treat. To me, it's really amazing the way Jim just follows his muse.

jttouch2

Really love the 2 Al Bowlly & Ray Noble covers-Piano jazz and Jim James are quite the combination!

MMJCOBRA

Agree and the Dylan cover is perfect.

Achiever

Quote from: Mr._Nussbaum on Dec 09, 2017, 07:59 AM
Has anyone with the vinyl been able to get the digital download to work yet?  Whenever I try, it just says "This artist has not uploaded media for this card yet. Please check back soon."

This is fixed now! Please try again.

If anybody else is having issues with their downloads, please email: info@atorecords.com or send me a message through this forum.

crooney

love the covers.  jim's vocal on 'wild honey' is damn near perfect.  out of this world good.  love his vocal phrasing on willie's 'time slips away' as well.

keep following that muse, jim!  we dig.

johnnYYac

I'm just bummed that my copy of Tribute Too 2 has yet to arrive, despite preordering. I've heard mixed reviews but look forward to forming my own opinion... eventually.
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

MMJCOBRA

wheelhousetunes

I'm pleasantly surprised with this and give it a thumb's up.

robb

Quote from: johnnYYac on Dec 11, 2017, 01:17 PM
I'm just bummed that my copy of Tribute Too 2 has yet to arrive, despite preordering. I've heard mixed reviews but look forward to forming my own opinion... eventually.

hopefully they send you the right one once it eventually does show up. my first shipment had the tribute to reissue in it. :undecided:
some get stoned, some get strange, sooner or later it all gets real.

CountSA

Quote from: johnnYYac on Dec 11, 2017, 01:17 PM

Jim tweeted there was a week delay at the pressing plant for the gold (?) variant.

johnnYYac

The origin of Jim's Lucky Man cover, from a few years ago...

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

mdgsolo

Got my Tribute To tonight. Too bad I also ordered the Tribute To 2...

Seems like a warehouse pull error but no one at ATO has responded yet

rkwedge

Quote from: mdgsolo on Dec 12, 2017, 11:32 PM
Got my Tribute To tonight. Too bad I also ordered the Tribute To 2...

Seems like a warehouse pull error but no one at ATO has responded yet
Ditto. After all that wait what a low blow.  I haven't gotten a response yet either but ATO is a good company they'll make things right.
It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes