Previous topic - Next topic

parkervb

Don't you ever turn it off

rkwedge

Quote from: parkervb on May 31, 2018, 11:31 AM
Quote from: Murph on May 31, 2018, 11:27 AM
Quote from: parkervb on May 31, 2018, 10:08 AM
not playoffs but this is a great story:

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2018/5/29/17406750/bryan-colangelo-philadelphia-76ers-twitter-joel-embiid-anonymous-markelle-fultz

the best league.

Haha you cant make this shit up.

it's now looking like his wife may have been behind these accounts.
OMG this is getting funnier by the minute. I wonder if the wife is the scape goat or if it's truly her behind it.  Stay tuned....
It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

ericm

Quote from: rkwedge on May 31, 2018, 12:51 PM
Quote from: parkervb on May 31, 2018, 11:31 AM
Quote from: Murph on May 31, 2018, 11:27 AM
Quote from: parkervb on May 31, 2018, 10:08 AM
not playoffs but this is a great story:

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2018/5/29/17406750/bryan-colangelo-philadelphia-76ers-twitter-joel-embiid-anonymous-markelle-fultz

the best league.

Haha you cant make this shit up.

it's now looking like his wife may have been behind these accounts.
OMG this is getting funnier by the minute. I wonder if the wife is the scape goat or if it's truly her behind it.  Stay tuned....

Zero chance his wife is behind this,IMO. She's clearly taking the fall here in order to try and save his job and rep. I think he might've used her number to set up these accounts but no way do I think she's the one who actually wrote the tweets.

I think he's gone and will be lucky to get another administrative job in the NBA ever again and I expect Silver to come down pretty hard on him.
"Where's Jim going?"

parkervb

Murph

Hahah I still cant get over that.  Game 1 was an instant classic though

parkervb

any shot the Cavs had, gone. An all time great Finals performance for naught. I haven't felt this way since 28-3 (this is nowhere near that feeling but still hurts)

APR

Questionable calls, Hill missing the free throw, but JR..... come on!  Everyone else knew the score.  I read one of his quotes from last night claiming he knew the score and was looking for a better shot.  Ridiculous. 

On another note, I'm no fan of violence, but would not mind if Barkley came thru on his threat and punched Draymond.  I hope Tristen isn't punished for the late game skirmish. 

rkwedge

That was just a crazy last few minutes of regulation, questionable calls (I do think that was a block on Lebron) the Dubs blowing a nice lead down the stretch, JR losing his mind, Lebron just being the beast he is, it had everything. It'll be interesting to see if the Cavs can let it go and regroup for game 2 as they had them in game 1. Finally a close playoff game to watch too.

Come Closer

Too early to discuss where Lebron ends up/should go next year? Philly is appealing obviously. Back to Miami? Indiana to team up with his pal Born Ready? Super team in Houston? LA isn't a good option unless someone else signs there.

iLikeBeer

Quote from: Osistheones on Jun 01, 2018, 11:33 AM
Too early to discuss where Lebron ends up/should go next year? Philly is appealing obviously. Back to Miami? Indiana to team up with his pal Born Ready? Super team in Houston? LA isn't a good option unless someone else signs there.
Houston would make the most sense to me but I don't see LeBron going west to have to deal with Golden State before the Finals.  Being here in NE Ohio, I have been hearing more and more national media interviewed on local sports talk leaning more towards him staying because there really isn't a great fit for him anywhere else right now. 

Although, with all the fuckups at the end of Game 1 by his teammates and his coach, maybe he's finally decided enough is enough.  I saw video of the Cav's huddle after regulation and he pretty much look beyond frustrated.  Then Ty Lue joined the huddle and you could see LeBron ask if they were out of timeouts and when he found out they had one and didn't use it he looked like he wanted to leave the gym?!?! 

As for my opinion of whether LeBron stays or goes, I'm hoping for him staying but I'm not going to be shocked or angered if he goes like I was when he left the first time.

parkervb

yea, there is no clear landing place for him. I would guess he signs a 1-year deal to stay with Cavs. Maybe they can do something with that #8 pick and get another piece either via a trade or trying to take a player who can make an immediate impact. They have some other expiring contracts that could possibly be packaged to a team looking to rebuild.

PHI doesn't immediately look like a basketball fit, but Lebron is one of the smartest players in the league so he could probably make it work. HOU seems too obvious to me. The Lakers are still an interesting destination if they choose to add another max deal this summer.

rkwedge

I can't think of anyway Lebron and Harden could co-exist. They're both the same type players so there wouldn't be enough ball to share for those egos. It is only an opinion but Lebron seems to be hard to play with, i.e. Kyrie Irving. He wants so bad to be considered the best ever (which he may be) that he's forgotten it's a game and should be fun. I think he stays in Cleveland and the supporting cast gets rebuilt. I really think he'd go to NY if anything good could work out there.

iLikeBeer

The Knicks are a freaking trainwreck.  They've got a ways to go before they become appealing enough for LeBron.  I do agree that I think he probably wants to go to the Knicks and bring them a banner more than anywhere else which is why he should just keep signing one year deals with the Cavs until the Knicks can figure things out and they finally make sense for him to sign there.

I forgot about the Lakers when I was posting yesterday.  They could sign Paul George as well and still have room for another significant FA signing.  The thing is, how appealing is Paul George as an option?  He didn't exactly make OKC better.  And it seems like the Pacers did better with addition by subtraction in letting George go and adding Oladipo and others.  And then there's the whole West thing again.  IMO, even with George, the Lakers w/LeBron are still a less talented team overall than the Cavs are w/LeBron.

Come Closer

Lakers with George and Lebron are a better team than the Cavs ime. Green behind the ears sure, but a lot more potential there. I also believe he could definitely make it work with Harden in Houston and they would be deadly. And I think he knows that's the only chance he has to beat GS for the foreseeable future. I agree that he wants to lockdown the GOAT title so I think there's a really good chance that he ends up there. What's the point of staying in the EC and losing in the finals every year? And maybe not even making the finals with up and coming teams like Philly, Boston, Milwaukee, etc. He'll have to slay the beast one or two rounds sooner, but gives himself a much better chance. If his finals record gets worse, it just gives people more fodder to say he's overrated/choker, blah blah blah.

Also he seems like he still has a fair amount of fun currently, aside from the losing of course. I think the notion that he's an uptight jerk is way overblown and off base. Not sure Kyrie's perspective is something to put a lot of stock in.

Jackets N Pones

I agree iLikeBeer and rkwedge...Bron to the Knicks...

I think the storyline of bringing back a historic franchise over time is more appealing to him than going to some frankenstein team that is going to lose to GSW anyway. Plus Fiz is HC now from Bron's Miami days and the young talent is there just like when he came back to cleveland for the second time. Sign with the Knicks even if PG and The Klaw don't, try to make a deep playoff run and get the buzz going, attract free agents next year or year after. KD is incredible, can't take anything away from him, but I think just joining up with a team that is already close and trying to make it work is just kind of played out. I dunno I always felt like he has a connection with NYC and this is his chance to run the mecca. Who knows maybe Kyrie could join him later per recent rumors online.
Here it is, in its entirety, our cover of ELO's Telephone Wire

Jackets N Pones

Quote from: rkwedge on Jun 05, 2018, 01:25 PM
I can't think of anyway Lebron and Harden could co-exist. They're both the same type players so there wouldn't be enough ball to share for those egos. It is only an opinion but Lebron seems to be hard to play with, i.e. Kyrie Irving. He wants so bad to be considered the best ever (which he may be) that he's forgotten it's a game and should be fun. I think he stays in Cleveland and the supporting cast gets rebuilt. I really think he'd go to NY if anything good could work out there.

Yes I don't think Harden wants Bron in HOU at all.

Jackets N Pones

Harden with 61 tonight

MVP

iLikeBeer

Quote from: Jackets N Pones on Mar 23, 2019, 02:06 AMHarden with 61 tonight

MVP

He'd have my vote!!!  Don't look now but Houston just might be peaking at the right time! 

And I guess LeBron didn't find the greener pastures he was looking for in LA!  Not all his fault as Magic has completely effed that all up in Laker Land!  I don't see who the Lakers can try to lure in Free Agency if anyone?!?! 

ericm

QuoteHarden with 61 tonight

MVP

He'd have my vote!!!  Don't look now but Houston just might be peaking at the right time! 

And I guess LeBron didn't find the greener pastures he was looking for in LA!  Not all his fault as Magic has completely effed that all up in Laker Land!  I don't see who the Lakers can try to lure in Free Agency if anyone?!?!
I don't think basketball was the main reason LeBron signed with LA. Seems like he had his sights set on other greener ($$$) pastures.
"Where's Jim going?"

parkervb

Quote from: Jackets N Pones on Mar 23, 2019, 02:06 AMHarden with 61 tonight

MVP

Giannis and Harden are only real MVP choices. I wonder when it comes time to vote if people will start trying to ding Harden on his D, but the guy can only expend some much energy on D when he's carrying a team offensively like I haven't seen before. I have no problem if either wins. Bucks have 11 more wins than last season already with 8 more games. While Houston will finish at least 10 games worse than last year.