Main Menu

Strand Of Oaks

Started by BH, Apr 06, 2011, 01:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rkwedge

Quote from: parkervb on Jan 29, 2019, 11:50 AM
Tim has some great things to say about working with Tom. Neat to hear other artists talk about working with the guys and how talented they are

https://twitter.com/Strandofoaks/status/1090288112033501190

Yes this is really awesome. Always pictured Tom in that light so good to hear it from someone who knows. Thanks for posting.
It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

APR

QuoteTim has some great things to say about working with Tom. Neat to hear other artists talk about working with the guys and how talented they are

https://twitter.com/Strandofoaks/status/1090288112033501190

Yes this is really awesome. Always pictured Tom in that light so good to hear it from someone who knows. Thanks for posting.
Tim posted a bunch more stuff about how great each of the MMJ guys are.  I'm digging the first single, Weird Ways.

jimsflyingv

Like the first two songs, hope this album is a nice substitute for a real MMJ album....

parkervb

From Tim's Twitta:

I've tried ever since Strand of Oaks started to properly write or express my love for my wife and best friend Sue. We've grown up together and without a doubt you would have never heard of me if it wasn't for Sue. She worked two jobs just to make sure I could get plane tickets to some tour I would inevitably lose money on and for six records she was the first to ever hear any song I've ever written. In a way everything that I've written is a love song for her.  I was a lonely and aimless kid when we first met and it was her unconditional support that gave me the courage to pursue this dream. But Keys is a song about the future and realizing with more years the aspects of life that truly matter and what seems so important in the moment just slips into dust. If you listen to the second chorus you will hear the best and only take we could find where both me and my producer Kevin could get through without tears. "I'll buy us a trailer down in the Keys," may be the most honest and true realization I've ever expressed to my love.

I truly hope anyone listening is loved by someone like I have.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPa6O1luHCo
Don't you ever turn it off

parkervb

based on the 3 songs so far, I think this has the potential to be the best album the 4 Jacket guys have played on since Z.

Jbpats

it was confirmed that MMJ would not be backing him on this tour right?

Come Closer

Album is decent, not great. Too long for my taste, 17 minute instrumental track to close it out.

APR

Quotebased on the 3 songs so far, I think this has the potential to be the best album the 4 Jacket guys have played on since Z.

Wow.  That is high praise.  I can't imagine it being better than EU, Circuital, or The Waterfall.  I'll check out the newest single soon.

parkervb

Quote from: APR on Mar 06, 2019, 01:34 PM
Quotebased on the 3 songs so far, I think this has the potential to be the best album the 4 Jacket guys have played on since Z.

Wow.  That is high praise.  I can't imagine it being better than EU, Circuital, or The Waterfall.  I'll check out the newest single soon.

ok, throwing EU in there is a stretch. The last 2 albums have some great songs but I don't rate them that highly as albums tbh

rkwedge

Tim Showalter announced he's on Stephen Colbert Wednesday 3/13 with "special guests". Could it be the boys?
It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

APR

QuoteTim Showalter announced he's on Stephen Colbert Wednesday 3/13 with "special guests". Could it be the boys?
I'd bet on it.  Thanks for letting us know.  DVR will be set.

parkervb

Quote from: APR on Mar 11, 2019, 03:59 PM
QuoteTim Showalter announced he's on Stephen Colbert Wednesday 3/13 with "special guests". Could it be the boys?

I think it's Jason Isbell and Amanda Shires (who are amazing but not quite what we were hoping for)

Mr. White

Quote from: parkervb on Mar 11, 2019, 04:28 PM
Quote from: APR on Mar 11, 2019, 03:59 PM
I think it's Jason Isbell and Amanda Shires (who are amazing but not quite what we were hoping for)
Plus, I think Patrick is still in Australia. Don't know if he's flown back yet (I follow his Instagram).
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

sillyboob

So the band for Colbert is Tim, Jason Isbell, Amanda Shires, Tom, and Will Johnson from Centro-matic / Monsters Of Folk infamy.  Just wow.  Can't wait to see it.
Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.

Murph

Quote from: sillyboob on Mar 13, 2019, 08:55 PMSo the band for Colbert is Tim, Jason Isbell, Amanda Shires, Tom, and Will Johnson from Centro-matic / Monsters Of Folk infamy.  Just wow.  Can't wait to see it.

+ Bo!

CC

sillyboob

Quote from: Murph on Mar 13, 2019, 11:39 PM
Quote from: sillyboob on Mar 13, 2019, 08:55 PMSo the band for Colbert is Tim, Jason Isbell, Amanda Shires, Tom, and Will Johnson from Centro-matic / Monsters Of Folk infamy.  Just wow.  Can't wait to see it.

+ Bo!

Somehow I missed that first time around, but that is just way better.  Note: I was going to say this was just a bonus, but the pun was too horrible, and it was completely unintended.

Murph

Quote from: CC Baxter on Mar 14, 2019, 05:31 AM

Wasn't amazing or anything (ie: MMJ doing One Big Holiday on Conan) but you just have to love how genuinely stoked Tim is.  Awesome!

sillyboob

Quote from: Murph on Mar 14, 2019, 10:38 AM
Quote from: CC Baxter on Mar 14, 2019, 05:31 AM

Wasn't amazing or anything (ie: MMJ doing One Big Holiday on Conan) but you just have to love how genuinely stoked Tim is.  Awesome!

Seeing Tim so happy with being up there, playing with who he's playing with, is the best part of this performance.

ChiefOKONO

Super cool clip... thanks!