Tennessee Fire 20th Anniversary Celebration at the Cap

Started by parkervb, Jun 13, 2019, 08:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lonndown27

Quote from: ericm on Jul 26, 2019, 03:30 PM
Quote from: clockworkpug on Jul 26, 2019, 02:58 PMYeah I'm not too worried about Forest Hills since it's outdoors, but the Cap Theatre will be tough too pull off I think.  This would be a good show for edible and a vape, but I don't have access.

The Cap is tough as far as that goes and on the 3-night end of year run they did there, we had a forum member almost get tossed for lighting up. We all thought he was definitely on his way out but fortunately he managed to stay. 

Probably one of those had to be there things but for those of us who were, the whole thing was funny as hell and made even better by him not getting tossed out.  :grin:

The legend of that one lives on still and definitely part of past forum lore. :thumbsup: 
I remember this event! Im digging through the archives to find the culprit who dared to take on the Nazi Cap security with a toke and won, never missing a song. I think that was the craziest I've ever seen the forum was that end of 2012 weekend at the Cap and Agganis, but RIGHT NOW IT'S ABOUT TO GET ALL KINDA CRAZY
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

Lonndown27

I also have a theory: if Jim did a live stream of the solo show from the Cap, the Flaming Lips just did one with the Claypool Lennon Delirium for the Relix Channel,  my question is: will the band live stream the Cap show??? And if they do, will i need adult diapers to get through the moment?

Oh yes. Oh god yes.

Robb Wolf, Rkwedge, Johnny, Obie, Mr. White, VB, many of you, all of you, this will be savage 
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

midwesterner

Will they play Lil Billy at this show? Has it been played since the T5 Tennessee Fire show?

Lonndown27

Quote from: midwesterner on Aug 01, 2019, 10:34 AMWill they play Lil Billy at this show? Has it been played since the T5 Tennessee Fire show?

It hasn't been played since then and i wonder if it ever will be again. Let's hope cause it's a riproaring blast of southern fried death rock

midwesterner

Quote from: Lonndown27 on Aug 02, 2019, 04:58 PM
Quote from: midwesterner on Aug 01, 2019, 10:34 AMWill they play Lil Billy at this show? Has it been played since the T5 Tennessee Fire show?

It hasn't been played since then and i wonder if it ever will be again. Let's hope cause it's a riproaring blast of southern fried death rock

The demo version appearing on TTF 20 anniversary makes me feel like it is possible. If it is played I bet only a handful of people will recognize it.

I wish I was going to Friday. The Terminal Five TTF show is still a favorite MMJ show for me.

MMJCOBRA

Any kind couples going to this event that would part w one of their VIP posters for a reasonable offer?

Please let me know. 2054340405.

2 DAYS!!

clockworkpug

Quote from: adam_pliskow on Jul 30, 2019, 08:15 AMThere is no smoking of any sort inside of the building.  If you get caught they will remove you from the show, take what you have and let you back in a song or two later.  There is a very nice court yard open t/o the show and you can do almost anything there.  If you have an oil pen then you can do that inside to a certain degree.  You need to be super stealth.  Otherwise I wouldn't risk missing a moment.  Just mosey outside for 3 minutes.  A pull isn't worth missing two songs!

Thanks so much for the advice man!  With shows like this with standing GA, if you have to go to the bathroom, is it possible to get back to your original spot or is the crowd just constantly shifting about?

jttouch2

How early do y'all think you're getting there for GA folks (for both shows)? after the red rocks madness I don't wanna take any chances on getting a good spot but I don't want to completely miss out on exploring the city too

Murph

No opener for the Cap show right?  MMJ on at 8pm? 

parkervb

been looking at some setlists and checking out some shows from 99-00 to see other "songs from that era" could be in the mix and I had never heard them tuning and warming up with a "cover" of White Rabbit by Jefferson Airplane.  It sounds pretty great, some funny Jim commentary about having some red KoolAid after the show "if you know what I mean"

https://relisten.net/mmj/2000/01/29/tuning-guitars-white-rabbit-jefferson-airplane?source=60142

Covers from that era definitely incl Tyrone and Rocket Man. I'm totally ok with either of those tomorrow. Suspicious Minds would kill too.

I wonder how much from At Dawn we will get...
Don't you ever turn it off

dexter

Quote from: Murph on Aug 08, 2019, 09:31 AMNo opener for the Cap show right?  MMJ on at 8pm? 

I'm curious about this as well if anyone knows

dexter

Quote from: dexter on Aug 08, 2019, 04:06 PM
Quote from: Murph on Aug 08, 2019, 09:31 AMNo opener for the Cap show right?  MMJ on at 8pm? 

I'm curious about this as well if anyone knows

Called the theater according to them
No opener
Doors 630
Mmj around 8

Jackets N Pones

Have fun everyone! Take me out of this dead-end nightmarrrrrreeeeeee
Here it is, in its entirety, our cover of ELO's Telephone Wire

rkwedge

Yes Have a great time everyone. Will wait to hear your reports on what went down in Port Chester, I have a feeling it will be epic.
It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

itrainmonkeys

Haven't been around here much. Check in with a few folks I know through festivals on other sites.  I'll be at this show and the Forest Hills one. So excited, especially as I couldn't make Red Rocks. Should be a good time.

AKS

Tyrone and Rocket Man would be fantastic!! This is the time and place for them to bust those out, for sure!

I'm already preparing for the face melt of Twilight-Evelyn-War Begun- Picture of you.

Any recommendations for anyone local for some decent bars near the Cap?

Easy Wind