Currently Listening To...

Started by CC, Dec 23, 2010, 08:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

e-stone

Come Closer

^ He's been killing it lately. His album with Ayal Senior as Sacred Lamp from the beginning of the year is pretty tasty instrumental guitar stuff.

parkervb

Don't you ever turn it off

RMarcil34

parkervb

ChiefOKONO

The Highwomen album which is great!

It is poignant, has amazing harmonies, topical and empowering songs and I've been listening to it for the last week and a half.  I would love to see them and hope that they are already working on some new songs!

What did you guys think of it?

parkervb

Quote from: ChiefOKONO on Sep 24, 2019, 11:48 AMThe Highwomen album which is great!

It is poignant, has amazing harmonies, topical and empowering songs and I've been listening to it for the last week and a half.  I would love to see them and hope that they are already working on some new songs!

What did you guys think of it?

love it! b/t Lizzo's Truth Hurts and The Highwomen's Redesigning Women, I've had some fun times singing in my car lol

Loose Change, Heaven is a Honkytonk....the harmonies like you said.

Also listed to Jaime from Brittany Howard a few times yesterday, great record. That opening track is BADASS

New release day today, listened to Billy Strings so far and that's good. Holding off on Sturgill's until I can pay it some better attention vs listening in my office.

parkervb

update on the Sturgill album:

it's "fuck all y'all" season lol

e-stone

Big Thief - Not

literally can NOT stop playing this song. still not even sure what i think about Big Thief overall, but this song...damn.

sillyboob

Quote from: e-stone on Nov 05, 2019, 11:43 AMBig Thief - Not

literally can NOT stop playing this song. still not even sure what i think about Big Thief overall, but this song...damn.

Saw Big Thief open for The National last year.  They played a good set.  I'll have to track this song down.
Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.

e-stone

excellent new albums this year by Wet Tuna and Matt Valentine have me going down the MV + EE (and related) rabbit hole.  it's an overwhelming amount of releases. anyone familiar with what is essential?

ChiefOKONO

What would you guys say is the best Big Thief album?

Murph

Quote from: ChiefOKONO on Dec 17, 2019, 12:41 PMWhat would you guys say is the best Big Thief album?

I think 'Not' is their best song.  Easily one of my favorite songs of the year.  But, as far as albums I was way more into 'Masterpiece' and 'Capacity' than the 2 from this year.

ChiefOKONO

Paul Cauthen Room 41, it's really great!

jttouch2

Quote from: ChiefOKONO on Dec 17, 2019, 12:41 PMWhat would you guys say is the best Big Thief album?

Started getting real into Big Thief these past couple weeks but haven't been able to decide-pretty much every album has gotten equal play time cause they're all spectacular. "Mary" might be my favorite song though

jttouch2

Tame Impala with another classic record

davymac

Quote from: jttouch2 on Feb 14, 2020, 03:02 PMTame Impala with another classic record

I'm digging it!  Been on repeat since release

ChiefOKONO

The new Lone Bellow album Half Moon Light is pretty good!!!  any fans here?