Main Menu

MLB 2015

Started by armando, Mar 27, 2015, 08:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ericm

Quote from: Osistheones on Jan 13, 2020, 09:42 PMI think for all intents and purposes just knowing the way baseball is, Hinch probably just effectively got a lifetime ban from being a manager.

The $5 mil cap on monetary penalty is way too low.

It does seem low compared to what these teams are worth and the money they make but it's the maximum amount they're allowed to be fined under the MLB Constitution.

As for Hinch, I'm not so sure. By the report he didn't really have much to do with the cheating, wasn't happy it was going on and broke some of the monitors  because he was pissed about it but then again he didn't stop it either.

I think he'll be forgiven at some point for this and it's going to depend on how he's viewed as an actual manager by owners.

I can't say the same for Cora though. It sounds like he was the mastermind, and continued it at the Sox even after the warning from MLB in 2017. That arrogance is what's going to get him hit pretty hard, and that's going to stick to him for a while.
"Where's Jim going?"

jttouch2

Quote from: Osistheones on Jan 13, 2020, 09:42 PMI think for all intents and purposes just knowing the way baseball is, Hinch probably just effectively got a lifetime ban from being a manager.

The $5 mil cap on monetary penalty is way too low.

Eh, Hinch is a pretty well liked guy who's been a good manager and wasn't cast in the most unfavorable light in this report-yeah he didn't stop it, but he didn't approve of it and he did try to slow it down indirectly. I think he'll get another job bench coaching in a couple years and get another managerial shot down the road.

Lunhow on the other hand, idk. Dude is an asshole and I think the culture stuff will keep people away from him.

Come Closer

Yeah I kinda think the opposite. I don't like him, but Luhnow has shown what he can do for an organization so some cellar dweller will bring him on board after he lays low for a while. Hard to judge how good Hinch actually was as a manager and he didn't really do himself any favors in the playoffs the last couple years. And did he really avoid coming off in an unfavorable light? He was indignant when the Yankees accused the Astros of cheating and then lo and behold this all comes out right after. At the end of the day he let the cheating happen/continue. We'll see I guess.