MMJ LIVE VOLUME 1

Started by MMJTX, Jun 17, 2021, 10:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MMJTX

HERE WE GOOOOO
Live series, multiple volumes, first one comes out September on vinyl and digital

https://mymorningjacket.com/news/299788
Anytime

CountSA

Finally!  The biggest head scratcher is no Phone Went West from the Beacon which is one of the best performances of a song by any band I've seen.

parkervb

Don't you ever turn it off

parkervb

I'll be interested in knowing if they provide info on where the tracks were recorded at. Live Drugs from The War on Drugs did not give info on where/when those songs were recorded, maybe they do that here.

My guess is several of these may be from The Beacon run though I am not sure that was considered part of "The Waterfall Tour". Man, I need those shows! I'd settle for the time being for the 11/28/2015 encore.
Don't you ever turn it off

roberthunter

Yeah I'd like to know if any of these tunes are from shows I saw.

Stevie

Quote from: roberthunter on Jun 17, 2021, 02:46 PMYeah I'd like to know if any of these tunes are from shows I saw.

You mean you wouldnt be able to tell by listening??

Noob

Jk, im sure it will be listed either on the back or in the liner notes. 

Seems like this album was a distinct effort to get live versions of the newer songs on vinyl since we already have most of the classics via okonokos.

Im guessing the Beacon run is on their list of shows to be released in this series..  then again, knowing Jim, this could get stuck on Vol. 1 for a decade while he falls in love with several other ideas. 

Lonndown27

Quote from: Stevie on Jun 23, 2021, 06:11 AM
Quote from: roberthunter on Jun 17, 2021, 02:46 PMYeah I'd like to know if any of these tunes are from shows I saw.

Noob

Seems like this album was a distinct effort to get live versions of the newer songs on vinyl since we already have most of the classics via okonokos.

Im guessing the Beacon run is on their list of shows to be released in this series..  then again, knowing Jim, this could get stuck on Vol. 1 for a decade while he falls in love with several other ideas. 

very tough to tell where this Tropics comes from. Throughout the entire year of 2015, there's never a version of Tropics that goes straight into Way That He Sings, so it could be from a few different shows. It sounds like a more intimate indoor setting to my ears. but i need to listen to it on better speakers to make sure
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

rkwedge

Quote from: Lonndown27 on Jul 04, 2021, 07:54 PM
Quote from: Stevie on Jun 23, 2021, 06:11 AM

Noob

very tough to tell where this Tropics comes from. Throughout the entire year of 2015, there's never a version of Tropics that goes straight into Way That He Sings, so it could be from a few different shows. It sounds like a more intimate indoor setting to my ears. but i need to listen to it on better speakers to make sure
Tropics is from Red Rocks 2015.
It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

Lonndown27

It is ? If that's so, that's kinda weird. Oh well.
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

Lucius

Prob not gonna happen but I'd also love a HQ version of the band doing Quick Like A Flash. Boy do they knock that one out of the park. That alongside a proper recording of the bouncy rock version of Tonight I Want to Celebrate With You from the same era would be perfect :headphones:
it wouldn't be a party without you

SteamEngineWentWest

Just saw this in the description on the MMJ store for the Live 2015 preorder. Don't remember seeing this before.

LIVE 2015 TEST PRESS GIVEAWAY.

All MMJ Live Vol I pre-orders will be automatically entered to win a test pressing set, signed by the band. Winner will be randomly selected and contacted on September 3. You are automatically entered to win with your 'Live 2015' preorder.

No purchase necessary: To enter without a 'Live 2015' pre-order, please email mmjgiveaway@gmail.com with subject line TEST PRESS GIVEAWAY and include your name, address, and phone number.

MMJTX

not gonna lie, kind of forgot about the fact these should be showing up this week with all the excitement of the tour and new album announcement. Saw someone on reddit say they already received their shipping confirmation email. Can't wait to get this in and listen this weekend.
Anytime

TommyBurnz

Got an email today about this. Tracking says I'll be rocking out on Saturday!

Mr. White

Quote from: TommyBurnz on Sep 01, 2021, 01:21 PMGot an email today about this. Tracking says I'll be rocking out on Saturday!

I got the same e-mail that said Saturday for delivery. Checked my e-mail again today with the USPS tracking link, and it said it had been delivered to my front porch today! It should be there waiting for me when I get home at around 6:35 this evening!!!
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

Mr. White

Just got home and opened it up. There's no indication as to where each song was recorded. Also, the download card won't work until 9/3/2021. Have to do some yard work and will have to check out the records later on.

Mr. White

As of 8:26 a.m., this is what it says at dropcards.com "This artist has not uploaded media for this card yet. Please check back soon."

Cameron

Is this supposed to be on Apple and Spotify?

MMJTX

According to the news release it says "this will initially only be available on vinyl, with a digital release at a later time" so doesn't specify when it will be on digital but does say it will happen.
Anytime

Cameron

Ok. Guess I'm waiting for vinyl to arrive then.

opsopcopolis

I really just want to know what shows the individual tracks are from...