OBH 2022 Vaccine Requirement/Change of Terms

Started by consigliare, Oct 27, 2021, 12:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobRoy286

Gonna pray for you tonight, OP. You can't go to a concert now. The agony. If you stop supporting MMJ, I don't see how the band is gonna recover. We are all going to miss you deeply.

consigliare

Wow, so much love!

I just want to sincerely thank you all for your display of true love, open-mindedness, and tolerance of your fellow man and other views.  Your supportive comments, prayers, and well-wishes have shown me that we are truly all in this together. 

I will certainly be sure to not let the door hit me in the ass on the way out - thank you for for that very good tip, kind sir - your selflessness knows no bounds!

I also hope that you all have more room to dance - which will now be completely segregated from the untouchables that refuse to take a still experimental and liability free vaccine - it will be a true safe space for all of you to enjoy!  Just remember to wear your covid-preventing masks on the bus and in all the common areas, else "Karen" is likely to get you kicked out!  But I tend to question the logic as to why, if you're all vaccinated, would you all need to wear masks on the bus or in the common areas?

As to being a "baby", a "baby" for not wanting anyone - even those that have told me to f*ck off and likewise - to be forced or coerced into taking an untested, unproven, experimental, and ineffective shot, for which there is still no long term data or legal or compensatory recourse should negative or deleterious effects or death result?  "Just take the shot already, Baby."  You do know that the only available shots are the experimental versions as the authorized version (Comirnaty) is not being currently being manufactured or distributed for use in the US, correct?  If not, check the Letter of Authorization (https://www.fda.gov/media/150386/download), specifically page 14 and footnote 11.  And, when you go to get the vaccine or any required boosters, see if it says Comirnaty or PfizerBioNtech.  I am betting it will say PfizerBioNtech as there is no reason that Pfizer or any others would inoculate anyone with a legally liable "vaccine" when there is an available liability free "vaccine".  So, assuming I "Man Up" and take the shots, are you all going to "Man up" and pay for my long term healthcare needs and/or provide death benefits to my family should something bad result?  Will my healthcare insurance company cover me for any issues resulting from a still unauthorized and still experimental vaccine?  Will yours?  I actually do not know the answer to the latter few questions.

And, just let me know when, not if, you would like for us who refuse to take a liability free  and experimental vaccine to start wearing colored arm bands (oh, rats, I said "colored" - apologies), or drink from separate water fountains.  How about the back of the bus, when do you want us to start sitting at the back of the bus?  Better yet, maybe you just don't want us to be able to take the bus at all, or be able to have a job to support our families, or enter a publicly accessible facility such as a grocery store in order to buy food?  Camps. When would you like for us to go to the work camps?  I mean, it is possible that we could have covid even though we are not symptomatic, and we just may infect and make sick all of you who were told that if you take the "vaccine" you will not get infected or get sick.

And, please accept my sincerest apology for presenting the scientific facts and evidence regarding the "vaccines" - I have long known that people prefer to be fed BS than actual facts and evidence, which I remind you much of which that has been presented has been supported by links to the actual FDA and CDC documents, which are from "Facebook Fed Misinformation".  Perhaps, some of you may want to read some of the materials yourselves? 

And, it's an approximately $8K concert after everything is said and done for which they materially changed the terms of attendance and for which I may not be recompensed because my state prohibits the issuance of "for any reason" travel insurance. So, don't act like its not a small thing.

Your anger at the facts and evidence is misdirected. Please direct it to the proper entities that have lied to us all and please be sure to enjoy your shows - now in segregation(TM)!

ranyart

I agree 100% that CID needs to do the right thing in this sort of situation especially since they are changing the rules after they have your cash in their pockets, and I hope you get what you're looking for from them.  I really don't hold the band responsible for CID's services or actions since it's clear your essentially dealing with the devil when you read CID's T&C, especially when talking about OBH where they have total control of the situation (as opposed to buying tix for single shows from TicketBastard or whoever).

Good luck and hope to see you down the road when the time is right...

PDIDDY

I do think this is the Band calling the shots and not CID. If you look at CID  events at moon palace this winter they all have different guidelines.  There are two festivals with no vaccine requirement and playing in sand requires an extra test upon arrival. There is no consistency!  If CID was concerned with health of all, then mandates should be the same for all events. I think they need to do the right thing and offer refunds to those who can no longer go. Not fair to do this one month before final payment is due.

Bulldog

So as someone going to both Playing in the Sand and OBH, I can say I firmly believe its CID calling the shots or so it would seem from the fact that the exact same policy is in place.

While I am typically pro vaccine and still plan on going to both I will say I am deeply disappointed that neither band has stepped up as of yet and as it stands folks loose out if they back out or a package.

The idea that theres a "gotcha" from the purchase and they can change the rules after the fact for those who choose to no longer attend just seems so wrong.

I'm all for having a safe vacation and doing the right thing, but it seems a bit heavy handed to put a vaccine mandate in place. I would have been more than happy to share the same air as those that had tested negative prior to departure and then again upon arrival.

The idea that you had to buy the trip insurance at the time to get a refund also seems like a copout.

Regardless I'll be at both, but I do think the bands had a chance to take a stand and at least insure full refunds for those choosing not to attend and its disappointing to see that at least thus far they have chosen not to.

That said, its also disappointing to see this topic continues to divide...

RobRoy286

You aren't being forced into anything.

Nobody is holding anyone down and jamming a needle in their arm.

You're choosing not to get it. Institutions are choosing to exclude you for it. Choices! Freedom!

I'm not saying man up and get the shot. I'm saying man up and accept the consequences of your actions. Nobody is forcing you to do shit. You still have access to food and water and security. You're mad because you got uninvited to a concert. You are being a baby.

For the record, I think you should be granted a refund in the easiest process possible. That is completely fair. But shut the hell up about "tyranny" and comparing this to segregation in American. Come on, man.

RobRoy286

I'd be frustrated about spending the $8k and then the stipulations changing. I hope they're able to properly refund the people who are choosing to not get vaccinated.

But get a fucking grip, man.

PDIDDY

Quote from: Bulldog on Oct 28, 2021, 07:08 PMSo as someone going to both Playing in the Sand and OBH, I can say I firmly believe its CID calling the shots or so it would seem from the fact that the exact same policy is in place.

Policies are different for those events. Grabbed this from website. I honestly think it's the bands. Look at the variations-

With this in mind, all of the following four requirements will apply to all Playing in the Sand 2022 guests:

• Proof of COVID-19 vaccination before departure;
• Negative COVID-19 PCR test no more than 96 hours prior to check in; • Antigen test administered at check in; AND
• Additional antigen test for departure.

With this in mind, the following requirements will apply to all Crash My Playa 2022 guests:

• Negative COVID-19 PCR test no more than 96 hours prior to check in; • Antigen test for departure

With this in mind, the following three requirements will apply to One Big Holiday 2022 guests:

• Proof of COVID-19 vaccination before departure;
• Negative COVID-19 PCR test no more than 96 hours prior to check-in; AND • Antigen test for departure back to the USA

MMJCOBRA

All right everyone.. we all should to be kind and respectful to one another. Especially in these times of such complete division. One thing I've learned in these last 18 months is patience and love.

I have a friend with very similar views to the original poster. At first, I could not understand how someone I respected could believe in such crapola. However, after thinking about it for a while, I realized that are differences did not define our friendship. We can now talk about covid and the vaccine to better understand where each of us is coming from. I hope one day he'll be able to understand what I consider to be the safest way out of this pandemic. But if not, I'll still love him just the same.

I'm sure that our boys in My Morning Jacket, Jim, Bo, Patrick, Tom, and Carl support and advocate everyone getting the vaccine that is able. However, I'm even more positive that they would want us to focus on the things that bind us together, out commonalities, and our friendship, and would want us to keep our lines of communication open in order to respectfully discuss our differences.

I apologize for the love and hippie admonitions but I just wanted to get that off of my chest because I've met so many wonderful people through these message boards and through our common fandom of My Morning Jacket.  <3  <3  <3

RobRoy286

Quote from: Robert Cannon on Oct 28, 2021, 08:06 PMAll right everyone.. we all should to be kind and respectful to one another. Especially in these times of such complete division. One thing I've learned in these last 18 months is patience and love.

I have a friend with very similar views to the original poster. At first, I could not understand how someone I respected could believe in such crapola. However, after thinking about it for a while, I realized that are differences did not define our friendship. We can now talk about covid and the vaccine to better understand where each of us is coming from. I hope one day he'll be able to understand what I'm trying to show him. But if not, I'll still love him just the same.

I'm sure that our boys in My Morning Jacket, Jim, Bo, Patrick, Tom, and Carl support and advocate everyone getting the vaccine that is able. However, I'm even more positive that they would want us to focus on the things that bind us together, are commonalities, and our friendship, and would want us to keep our lines of communication open in order to respectfully discuss our differences.

I apologize for the love and hippie admonitions but I just wanted to get that off of my chest because I've met so many wonderful people through these message boards and through our common fandom of My Morning Jacket.  <3  <3  <3
The dude deserves to be called out for the "back of the bus" comparisons. That is not only idiotic but offensive. Just completely out of line. He apologized for racism that no one had yet even accused him of. That's weird.

MMJCOBRA

Totally get it but it's a net zero proposition to respond to vitriol w vitriol. 

WWJD - What Would Jim Do  :grin:  :headphones:

I just wanted to share my new perspective that I'm trying to communicate with others, online or not, the same way I would if it was face to face w my friends and family. Tact, education and respect is one way our society can start to heal.

RobRoy286

Quote from: Robert Cannon on Oct 28, 2021, 09:34 PMTotally get it but it's a net zero proposition to respond to vitriol w vitriol. 

I just wanted to share my new perspective that I'm trying to communicate with others, I line or not,f the same way I would if it was face to face w my friends and family. Tact, education and respect is one way our society can start to heal.
You're right.

I get worked up because it's a matter of public health and doing your part in society. Make your choice, but accept the consequences. I'm not gonna get worked up over someone not getting vaccinated. But when they make that choice and then get mad that they can't go wherever they want (which btw, in my experience, NOT ONE TIME have I been denied entry or even asked to prove my vaccination) and think that they're being oppressed just as much as anyone in American history? That is fucked. Being black isn't a choice, nor is it a fucking virus, so comparing Covid protocols to the long history of racism in this country is just obtuse. The dude is mad because he can't go to a concert anymore, and he equated it with the story of African Americans. I'm okay with him fucking off.

consigliare

All,

I have both scientific and legal backgrounds, which resultingly, cause me to question everything.  This is simply how I have been trained.

To me, unless there is a dire medical emergency, there is absolutely no logical basis for most to take any medicament that remains experimental and/or that was rushed to market and/or rushed through the authorization process - especially when there are other treatment options, and even more so when the survivability rate is so high for most groups.  Are there outliers?  Sure.  Should some people choose to take such medicaments based on their group and risk/benefit?  Sure.  Should some be able to take such medicaments to make themselves feel better if they so choose?  After full disclosure and analysis of the costs/benefits, sure. 

However, when such medicaments remain experimental, the survivability rates so high, and when there are other available treatments, my view is that no person should be mandated or coerced to take such medicament - especially when there is no legal recourse.  To me, such coercion includes the fear of a loss of employ or livelihood, the fear of an inability to travel, the fear of a loss of services, the fear of loss of access to public venues, etc.  I would certainly not do this or support this being done to any one of you - including those that have put shade on me - and I would, likewise, hope you would not do, or support, the same being done to me.

As you know, people are losing their jobs due to the vaccine mandates and what I view as fear mongering, people are being denied access, etc. - again, all because they will not be coerced into taking an experimental vaccine for a virus having a very high survivability rate.  Additionally, please appreciate that there is also natural immunity, which is stronger and far longer lasting than any immunity resulting from the shots.  There is also available testing.  Yet, for some reason these are not being considered or deemed acceptable in the stead of experimental vaccines. 

Again, my view is that dictatorial mandates in the form of executive orders are just that - dictatorial.  These are not bills that were brought up, debated, passed by both houses of Congress and then signed into law.  They are also not regulations promulgated by an agency resulting from a proper public note and comment period - I do not practice regulatory law, so please accept my apologies for any errors or mis-statements.  Last I checked, our form of government is (or is supposed to be) a Constitutional Republic, not a dictatorship.

So, to me, a person that is both scientifically and legally trained, everything that has occurred in the last year or so has been wholly contrary to every principle - legal, scientific, ethical and moral - that I have been taught and believe in.  Additionally, when I look to history I cannot help but see that we are being purposefully divided into two groups, with one group being led to believe it is justfiable to deny the other some of their most basic and fundamental human rights - all for a virus having a very high survivablity rate.  Sure, it is not racism, but it certainly is discrimination that denies others of their most basic human rights.  Hence, I stand by my analogies. Additionally, if Israel, Australia, Canada, and the UK are any indicators of what's to come to our shores, I only see further division and loss of human rights in the US.

Some have mentioned choice - does a govermental mandate that says if you do not take an experimental vaccine else you will lose your job, you will not be able to travel, you will not be able to access a public facility, or you will lose your livelihood, really give a person much choice at all?  Is there really a choice when one has to choose between between a threat of bodily harm or loss of one's livelihood?  Or, is such a false choice that is against a person's inherent and inalienable rights?  I tend to believe that such is against one's inherent and inalienable rights.

So, please accept my apology if I blithely communicated that the basic scientific, legal, ethical and moral principles and beliefs I possessed and understood were basic fundamental principles and beliefs universally accepted and held by most others in the US and other Western countries.

To those throwing shade, I hope you have fun.  To those that seemed to be supportive - thanks.

Game off, Wayne.

RobRoy286

I'm sure the history books will come to include Consiglaire next to the names of MLK and Rosa Parks. His boycott of the band My Morning Jacket will be a hallmark of American history when all is said and done.

Life, liberty, and OBH 2022.

You are a brave patriot.

slappymoe

Quote from: consigliare on Oct 29, 2021, 01:58 AMAll,

I have both scientific and legal backgrounds, which resultingly, cause me to question everything.  This is simply how I have been trained.

To me, unless there is a dire medical emergency, there is absolutely no logical basis for most to take any medicament that remains experimental and/or that was rushed to market and/or rushed through the authorization process - especially when there are other treatment options, and even more so when the survivability rate is so high for most groups.  Are there outliers?  Sure.  Should some people choose to take such medicaments based on their group and risk/benefit?  Sure.  Should some be able to take such medicaments to make themselves feel better if they so choose?  After full disclosure and analysis of the costs/benefits, sure. 

However, when such medicaments remain experimental, the survivability rates so high, and when there are other available treatments, my view is that no person should be mandated or coerced to take such medicament - especially when there is no legal recourse.  To me, such coercion includes the fear of a loss of employ or livelihood, the fear of an inability to travel, the fear of a loss of services, the fear of loss of access to public venues, etc.  I would certainly not do this or support this being done to any one of you - including those that have put shade on me - and I would, likewise, hope you would not do, or support, the same being done to me.

As you know, people are losing their jobs due to the vaccine mandates and what I view as fear mongering, people are being denied access, etc. - again, all because they will not be coerced into taking an experimental vaccine for a virus having a very high survivability rate.  Additionally, please appreciate that there is also natural immunity, which is stronger and far longer lasting than any immunity resulting from the shots.  There is also available testing.  Yet, for some reason these are not being considered or deemed acceptable in the stead of experimental vaccines. 

Again, my view is that dictatorial mandates in the form of executive orders are just that - dictatorial.  These are not bills that were brought up, debated, passed by both houses of Congress and then signed into law.  They are also not regulations promulgated by an agency resulting from a proper public note and comment period - I do not practice regulatory law, so please accept my apologies for any errors or mis-statements.  Last I checked, our form of government is (or is supposed to be) a Constitutional Republic, not a dictatorship.

So, to me, a person that is both scientifically and legally trained, everything that has occurred in the last year or so has been wholly contrary to every principle - legal, scientific, ethical and moral - that I have been taught and believe in.  Additionally, when I look to history I cannot help but see that we are being purposefully divided into two groups, with one group being led to believe it is justfiable to deny the other some of their most basic and fundamental human rights - all for a virus having a very high survivablity rate.  Sure, it is not racism, but it certainly is discrimination that denies others of their most basic human rights.  Hence, I stand by my analogies. Additionally, if Israel, Australia, Canada, and the UK are any indicators of what's to come to our shores, I only see further division and loss of human rights in the US.

Some have mentioned choice - does a govermental mandate that says if you do not take an experimental vaccine else you will lose your job, you will not be able to travel, you will not be able to access a public facility, or you will lose your livelihood, really give a person much choice at all?  Is there really a choice when one has to choose between between a threat of bodily harm or loss of one's livelihood?  Or, is such a false choice that is against a person's inherent and inalienable rights?  I tend to believe that such is against one's inherent and inalienable rights.

So, please accept my apology if I blithely communicated that the basic scientific, legal, ethical and moral principles and beliefs I possessed and understood were basic fundamental principles and beliefs universally accepted and held by most others in the US and other Western countries.

To those throwing shade, I hope you have fun.  To those that seemed to be supportive - thanks.

Game off, Wayne.
condensed version of this post:  But muh freedoms!!!

many people in this country, and many of our "leaders" in government, are fucking broken.  we're a couple of election cycles away from president donald trump, jr. :shocked:

MOWJO8185

If he's not getting a refund that's messed up but that's where my sympathy ends. Making this event vaccine mandatory is the right thing to do at this juncture, especially with it involving international travel.

I do sincerely hope these vaccine mandates aren't here to stay because that will mean we have gotten this all more under control. I'm not really interested in permanently punishing the unvaccinated - just interested in covid getting better.

RobRoy286

Quote from: MOWJO8185 on Oct 29, 2021, 09:40 AMIf he's not getting a refund that's messed up but that's where my sympathy ends. Making this event vaccine mandatory is the right thing to do at this juncture, especially with it involving international travel.

I do sincerely hope these vaccine mandates aren't here to stay because that will mean we have gotten this all more under control. I'm not really interested in permanently punishing the unvaccinated - just interested in covid getting better.
Spot on. We all want this to be over. My question to the people who think this is all some big hoax...why? What's the incentive? Why would these bands want fewer people to come to their shows? Who is benefitting? Some people are just wayyy too far gone.

I think most of us agree that this is a huge rule change and refunds should be given as requested. If he had wanted to start a thread getting information on these rule changes or refunds or whatever, totally fine! Nobody would have a problem with that! But going on a tangent about tyranny and comparing this to the civil rights of African Americans...fucking yikes. If you're well off enough to spend the $8k or whatever it is in the first place, you're not even close to being "oppressed." Come on.

The "oh no I said 'colored' - sorry!" really got me. This dude is so regularly accused of racial insensitivity that he needs to sarcastically own it to get ahead of it.

Oh lawd help us.

panic34

Quote from: RobRoy286 on Oct 29, 2021, 01:38 AM
Quote from: Robert Cannon on Oct 28, 2021, 09:34 PMTotally get it but it's a net zero proposition to respond to vitriol w vitriol. 

I just wanted to share my new perspective that I'm trying to communicate with others, I line or not,f the same way I would if it was face to face w my friends and family. Tact, education and respect is one way our society can start to heal.
You're right.

I get worked up because it's a matter of public health and doing your part in society. Make your choice, but accept the consequences. I'm not gonna get worked up over someone not getting vaccinated. But when they make that choice and then get mad that they can't go wherever they want (which btw, in my experience, NOT ONE TIME have I been denied entry or even asked to prove my vaccination) and think that they're being oppressed just as much as anyone in American history? That is fucked. Being black isn't a choice, nor is it a fucking virus, so comparing Covid protocols to the long history of racism in this country is just obtuse. The dude is mad because he can't go to a concert anymore, and he equated it with the story of African Americans. I'm okay with him fucking off.

Amen, Rob Roy. A-fucking-men. You nailed it here. Thank you for so clearly and eloquently stating it. While I like the What Would Jim Do approach, this vaccine issue doesn't come even remotely close to resembling the history of racism and the experience of truly marginalized people. Thank you for pointing it out.

shumatec1012

Quote from: consigliare on Oct 29, 2021, 01:58 AMAll,

Game off, Wayne.

I actually agree with you Wayne- i am not at all against the vaccine- I chose to get it but I am wholeheartedly against mandating it and separating society into classes ( black and brown people have every reason to mistrust medical mandates and will pay more of a price than their white counterparts for it)

Everything about how it has been handled has seemed to benefit the corporate elite class ( record high profits) and government institutions ( tighter controls on your freedom) for what is essentially a new form of the flu. I'll say it again, I chose to get vaccinated and would choose to again and again.. but the facts do not line up for mandates or mass hysteria.

I think there is a huge problem in our media/ public discourse of allowing fascism and tyrany when it supports you being " right" the same thing trump supporters did in allowing all of the henious things of his admin..

There is a significant lack of critical thinking and willingness to learn/ openmindedness on the issue. if you disagree with your fellow man you're " a fucking idiot.." come on people..

RobRoy286

Has any of that stuff actually happened to you guys? Have you guys lost your livelihoods? Or are you still able to drop 8 grand on a vacation in Mexico? You damn well better get refunded if you were mislead on your permissions. But it just seems like a silly thing to cry tyranny about. I completely agree that minorities have a good reason to mistrust vaccines, and there is DEFINITELY a conversation to be had there.

Like someone else said, I really hope these mandates aren't permanent. If these are forever, and they literally start making different drinking fountains and making you sit in the back of the bus (you know, things that ACTUALLY happened), then yeah that is worthy of some anger and severe mistrust. But that ain't happening.

The whole "it's just like the flu" and "99% survival rate" mindset is extremely misguided. It was NEVER about deaths alone. It was about hospitals and health care systems being overwhelmed. Higher patient:staff ratios. People getting less frequent and less attentive care. Portable morgues. And if the flu, the very exact flu we know today, hit planet earth for the first time right now, it would fuck us just as hard if not harder than covid has. But flu vaccines and hygiene standards (like mandates for employees to wash their hands) have made it more manageable over the course of human existence. Hospitals have had time to accommodate it.

It's not a coincidence that stadiums started filling and things started feeling somewhat normal again shortly after the vaccine arrived. Pandemics had been studied before and even when Covid first hit many people were saying that a vaccine would take about 18 months and that would help return things to normal. That is exactly what is happening. It's okay if you think Jacket still enforcing this mandate in March 2022 is excessive, that's fine. But man...they're just looking out for people's health. Just be patient. They don't want to exclude people but they also don't want to further any covid problems. They had to choose and I think they chose the cautionary side. That's not something to get mad at them about. They're doing what they think is right.

To anyone with the same mindset as the OP - talk with people in the medical community. Doctors, nurses, NPs, interns, anyone that works in hospitals. Ask them how Covid has been for their hospital. And I don't mean on some internet chat forum, I mean in person, face-to-face. It can be someone you know and trust, or a total stranger. They'll tell you a similar story. It's been hell, but is getting better with the vaccine. You think these people are pushing this giant hoax for their own financial gain? No, medical workers are quitting left and right. Use your head and be patient and understand that people are just trying to help make the world safer. We all want this to be over.