2021 Tour posters

Started by ericm, Aug 08, 2021, 04:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ericm

Quote from: wootluke on Sep 09, 2021, 01:07 PM
Quote from: CountSA on Sep 03, 2021, 08:38 PM
Quote from: ericm on Sep 03, 2021, 05:25 PM
Quote from: telyles on Sep 03, 2021, 04:36 PMThere is/was a Status Serigraph VIP poster on ebay from Charlotte 2021. Looking at the design, I wouldn't be surprised to see this poster as the VIP poster for all of the dates, albeit with a date change corresponding to the individual show. What do you think?

You could very well be right. Considering the four 2019 VIP posters were the same print but different colors, I could definitely see something similar being true for the VIP posters this tour as well.

Justin confirmed all the VIP posters are the same minus the date/venue details

This is a huge bummer as I have VIP for both of the Forest Hills shows and was hoping they would be different. Knowing this I should've just purchased VIP for one night and just bought the ones they're selling at the merch booth each night. Maybe I'll be able to make a trade.

Yeah I'm bummed about that too, and really not thrilled with the VIP poster again this time around. I  shouldn't be surprised by those as the last nice VIP ones IMO were the band signed Red Rocks 2016.

I wish they would just go back to the sound check party days and give the one sold at the merch tables. Even if they're not signed.

Having said that, I think trading one of your VIP posters for one that's sold at the merch table is the way to go and I'd bet you'd easily be able to find someone willing to do that.
"Where's Jim going?"

GonzoFalcon

I am in a similar boat with VIP poster. We  have two from Merriweather Post Pavilion. Hoping to trade one online for another show's print sold at merch stand.

ericm

Quote from: GonzoFalcon on Sep 09, 2021, 03:32 PMI am in a similar boat with VIP poster. We  have two from Merriweather Post Pavilion. Hoping to trade one online for another show's print sold at merch stand.

Your post is certainly welcome on this thread but you might have a better chance of finding that trade if you started a separate thread on this part of the forum listing the trade you're looking for.

I think seeing the trade in the title might give you a better shot with people skimming the posters part than maybe them checking in on this one.

I could be wrong but that's what I'd do. Well that and keeping my fingers crossed.  :wink:   :beer:
"Where's Jim going?"

GonzoFalcon

parkervb

Don't you ever turn it off

Cameron

Tonight's is awesome. I wish it was for tomorrow!

mons

If anyone cares to sell tonight's poster to the Santa Barbara Bowl concert,please let me know. It's gorgeous and reminds me of the 2011 MMJ concert there; simply magical. Thank you.

walterfredo

Quote from: mons on Sep 23, 2021, 09:51 PMIf anyone cares to sell tonight's poster to the Santa Barbara Bowl concert,please let me know. It's gorgeous and reminds me of the 2011 MMJ concert there; simply magical. Thank you.

I imagine they'll be up on the website soon, my wife bought one at the end of the show and there were plenty left. And yes it's beautiful!

mons

Quote from: walterfredo on Sep 24, 2021, 11:25 AM
Quote from: mons on Sep 23, 2021, 09:51 PMIf anyone cares to sell tonight's poster to the Santa Barbara Bowl concert,please let me know. It's gorgeous and reminds me of the 2011 MMJ concert there; simply magical. Thank you.

I imagine they'll be up on the website soon, my wife bought one at the end of the show and there were plenty left. And yes it's beautiful!

Oh, I sure hope so! I've been stalking the site in case they load them. Thank you! Hope you and yours had a fabulous time! My favorite venue.

Hoptimus Prime

Quote from: ericm on Aug 08, 2021, 04:36 PMAny thoughts on what artists we'll see doing posters for this leg? Some new blood maybe?

Doesn't sound like we'll be getting any Burwells, at least not through Chicago but hopefully that'll change.

I wouldn't mind seeing some more of Matt Leunig's work.  :thumbsup:

I was REALLY hoping for a Chuck Sperry at The Greek...
5/24/2003, and every damn time possible since!

ericm

Quote from: Hoptimus Prime on Sep 26, 2021, 09:11 PM
Quote from: ericm on Aug 08, 2021, 04:36 PMAny thoughts on what artists we'll see doing posters for this leg? Some new blood maybe?

Doesn't sound like we'll be getting any Burwells, at least not through Chicago but hopefully that'll change.

I wouldn't mind seeing some more of Matt Leunig's work.  :thumbsup:

I was REALLY hoping for a Chuck Sperry at The Greek...

That would've been a sweet get.

To be honest I've been disappointed with most of the posters so far. A couple of good ones but not night after night like I've come to expect on past tours.

Different strokes though and I hope I'm in the minority with my take on them.
"Where's Jim going?"

ljangler

I would like to buy a Greek Theater - September 25, 2021 Tour Poster.

Merchandise closed so early in the evening.

songa72

Quote from: mons on Sep 24, 2021, 08:47 PM
Quote from: walterfredo on Sep 24, 2021, 11:25 AM

Oh, I sure hope so! I've been stalking the site in case they load them. Thank you! Hope you and yours had a fabulous time! My favorite venue.

FYI--the artist, Mishka Westell, has APs listed for sale on her website now--not sure how many, but they're currently available.

mons

Thank you so much! I just snagged one and I'm thrilled! Thanks, again!

ericm

Pretty cool looking poster for the NO show. Can anyone who has seen it up close give some insight on what the writing on the tombstones say?

I can't tell from the pic if they say anything or just some blurry writing on them. Either way it's a cool poster but thought there might be some Reno like words snuck in there on them.
"Where's Jim going?"

MMJCOBRA

Quote from: ericm on Nov 02, 2021, 06:59 AMPretty cool looking poster for the NO show. Can anyone who has seen it up close give some insight on what the writing on the tombstones say?

I can't tell from the pic if they say anything or just some blurry writing on them. Either way it's a cool poster but thought there might be some Reno like words snuck in there on them.

One tombstone has the 10/31/21 date and the other the venue name I believe

ericm

Thanks. I was hoping there was something on them and not just blurry writing.  :thumbsup:
"Where's Jim going?"

ericm

Came home yesterday to find my Conscious Alliance Chicago poster on my doorstep.  :thumbsup:  It's a beauty and even better up close than I thought when I got it online before the show or even seeing it available at the venue.

Next on the list for framing no doubt about it!

https://consciousalliance.org/collections/posters/products/my-morning-jacket-chicago-2021
"Where's Jim going?"

Come Closer

Worst year I can remember for posters. Pretty lackluster.

MMJCOBRA

Quote from: ericm on Nov 21, 2021, 07:38 PMCame home yesterday to find my Conscious Alliance Chicago poster on my doorstep.  :thumbsup:  It's a beauty and even better up close than I thought when I got it online before the show or even seeing it available at the venue.

Next on the list for framing no doubt about it!

https://consciousalliance.org/collections/posters/products/my-morning-jacket-chicago-2021

Love that poster!!  Purchased the regular version at the show and the rainbow foil online (still waiting to arrive)