Roll Call - Iroquois Amphitheater - Louisville - 6/24/2022

Started by ranyart, Feb 17, 2022, 09:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

walterfredo

Yeryl

Quote from: walterfredo on Jun 23, 2022, 02:19 PMI'm crushed.

was about to head to the airport. :cry:
I just saw it and texted rkwedge. He had just boarded his connecting flight to Louisville  :cry: :undecided: :cry:
Can't you see that I'm smiling?

ranyart

We just checked into our room at the Hyatt and while we were at the front desk we heard the news from some folks.  Gutted...

Mr. White

I'm hoping Jim's going to be ok soon and can keep going with the rest of the tour.

Also, (Just to be greedy here) I really, really, really hope they do us hometown folks right and re-reschedule sooner instead of later. We need to know what to plan for. So very many people's plans just got ruined. I had coordinated and schemed and bargained and promised and dealt and ... so very many plans are ... done for.

Get Well Jim!
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

Bulldog

Quote from: ranyart on Jun 23, 2022, 04:05 PMWe just checked into our room at the Hyatt and while we were at the front desk we heard the news from some folks.  Gutted...

drove down. from MN and got the news an hour outside Louisville,  was listening to the recent obh shows to get pumped....ugh

wishing Jim positive vibes and looking forward to exploring Louisville

ellisintransit

:cry:  :cry: Keeping all of yall beautiful people and Yim in my thoughts right now.  So many people in our midst have dealt with cancelled MMJ (and other) shows since our "return" from the lockdown.  With this one being a destination for those privileged enough to travel many people are suffering their 4th, 5th, 6th cancellations all from Covid.  I'm so sorry for yall that had flights and rental cars and hotels and all that.  I couldn't make it to L'ville this time, but after three other shows getting cancelled I was at least able to still catch another couple last year, and jeebus-willin' a couple more this year.  The pain is real yall and I'm with you!

Just like Bonnaroo last year, imagining all the work that went into getting these shows ready, all those local kids and artists that were going to get to have blast in front a huge adoring crowd, the crew, band families, etc. it's depressing.

I'm not usually a silver lining person, but my immediate thought for reschedule is to finally bring one or two of them amazing NEW YEAR'S EVE SHOWS to the hometown.  NYC, Denver and Boston have all had theirs, they are so overdue for it, and what a way to ring out another miserable year of infections and cancellations.  Here's to all you wonderful fans  :beer:  and best wishes to Yim for speedy recovery. 

LBSUNFLWR

I hope we can get rescheduled in September or October and it'll still be nice outside. 

So sad for us all.  <3

walterfredo

Quote from: LBSUNFLWR on Jun 23, 2022, 09:27 PMI hope we can get rescheduled in September or October and it'll still be nice outside. 

So sad for us all.  <3

Yes please!

We have 10 phish shows and 6 MMJ shows on our agenda this summer, losing this weekend hurts the most by a mile. I was sooooo excited to see them in their element. Man!

LBSUNFLWR

ericm

Quote from: LBSUNFLWR on Jun 23, 2022, 09:27 PMI hope we can get rescheduled in September or October and it'll still be nice outside. 

So sad for us all.  <3

That's my hope as well along with Jim getting healthy.

Total bummer but I did get to enjoy a few races and the Museum at Churchill Downs yesterday and take in the Bats ball game last night as well as seeing a couple of friends.

Heading back home today with fingers crossed they can somehow reschedule these shows so I can come back to this really cool friendly town once again
"Where's Jim going?"

Mr. White

Quote from: ericm on Jun 24, 2022, 08:07 AM

So sad for us all.  <3

That's my hope as well along with Jim getting healthy.

Total bummer but I did get to enjoy a few races and the Museum at Churchill Downs yesterday and take in the Bats ball game last night as well as seeing a couple of friends.

Heading back home today with fingers crossed they can somehow reschedule these shows so I can come back to this really cool friendly town once again

I'm so glad you made the best of it ericm. I was kind of in shock yesterday but not too sad. As I communicated with a couple of friends last night, I realized how much of a disruption of their lives and hopes for a really cool vacation this whole thing has turned out to be. I'm very sad now, but I hope I can turn it around with tomorrow's Our Good River Climate Parade in downtown Louisville that I will be taking part in. It will be soul-lifting and life-affirming.

Also, Carl announced that he would be doing a combination show with Tyler Ramsey at Zanzabar on July 28th. I immediately secured a ticket for the show. Now, I have to ask to leave work an hour early, so I can drive up in time to see the show. Looks like Tyler Ramsey is the headliner with Carl opening. Hopefully, they will both collaborate for several songs during each other's sets like they did on the last tour I saw them together.
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

ericm

Yes Mr. White it was all those things. I looked back and saw this was all planned four months ago. I and am sure a lot of others here had been looking forward to this getaway and rocking some hometown shows but life happens and we just have to deal as best we can.

I had a really fun day yesterday after putting the initial big time bummer behind me and really hope they can reschedule somehow and I'll be able to make those dates.

I remain optimistic all of that will happen and I can return to Louisville again soon
"Where's Jim going?"

walterfredo

I feel really bad for all those kids that were scheduled to participate both nights, and all the band, crew and local families, etc. they must be so sad. I'm sure they'll reschedule as soon as they can and we'll make every effort to be there!

ericm

Quote from: walterfredo on Jun 24, 2022, 11:07 AMI feel really bad for all those kids that were scheduled to participate both nights, and all the band, crew and local families, etc. they must be so sad. I'm sure they'll reschedule as soon as they can and we'll make every effort to be there!

+1

Yes a big disappointment all around. I have no doubt the guys will do everything they can to pull this off at some point.

They always seem to come through and make things right. Whether it's a show, a ticket snafu or whatever the setback, they find a way to make it right. I'm sure this will be no different.

"Where's Jim going?"

ranyart

Quote from: ericm on Jun 24, 2022, 11:53 AM
Quote from: walterfredo on Jun 24, 2022, 11:07 AMI feel really bad for all those kids that were scheduled to participate both nights, and all the band, crew and local families, etc. they must be so sad. I'm sure they'll reschedule as soon as they can and we'll make every effort to be there!

+1

Yes a big disappointment all around. I have no doubt the guys will do everything they can to pull this off at some point.

They always seem to come through and make things right. Whether it's a show, a ticket snafu or whatever the setback, they find a way to make it right. I'm sure this will be no different.

+2

Just made it back home.  We drove across the US 31 bridge and you could see them taking down the stage at Waterfront Park.  How fucking depressing is that?!?!?!?!  The same stage that Patrick and his daughter were to share tomorrow...

As bad as we feel I have no doubt the band and family and friends feel worse.  Five shows in a row cancelled now for us so here's hoping everyone can pull out of this funk and get in some shows next week!

brob

Did anyone do a travel package through CID?  Are they refunding the package? Curious since we have the Red Rocks travel package.

ericm

Quote from: brob on Jun 24, 2022, 04:26 PMDid anyone do a travel package through CID?  Are they refunding the package? Curious since we have the Red Rocks travel package.

Yes I did and they immediately sent an email about refunding the package. It'll take a day or two to show up on my card but it's taken care of. They also handled the Denver NYE cancellation just as quick.

It was my understanding they also covered tonight's stay at the Hyatt for people who bought the package. Had I known before I rebooked my flight home I'd have stayed another day but I found out too late.

A rep from CID was at the hotel desk last night when I was there and and hooked me up with a little VIP swag instead. All in all I have no complaints with how CID does their packages. Other than I wish they were cheaper but that's no different than most things these days and I know they're in business to make money so I really don't have a problem  with them.
"Where's Jim going?"

RobRoy286

Really hoping Meadowbrook still happens but I'm not getting my hopes up.

ranyart

Quote from: ericm on Jun 24, 2022, 05:32 PM
Quote from: brob on Jun 24, 2022, 04:26 PMDid anyone do a travel package through CID?  Are they refunding the package? Curious since we have the Red Rocks travel package.

Yes I did and they immediately sent an email about refunding the package. It'll take a day or two to show up on my card but it's taken care of. They also handled the Denver NYE cancellation just as quick.

It was my understanding they also covered tonight's stay at the Hyatt for people who bought the package. Had I known before I rebooked my flight home I'd have stayed another day but I found out too late.

A rep from CID was at the hotel desk last night when I was there and and hooked me up with a little VIP swag instead. All in all I have no complaints with how CID does their packages. Other than I wish they were cheaper but that's no different than most things these days and I know they're in business to make money so I really don't have a problem  with them.

Same for me and the refund email actually arrived a minute before the band's announcement email according to the timestamps.

walterfredo

Quote from: LBSUNFLWR on Jun 23, 2022, 10:14 PM10 phish shows is hard core.  :bath:

We're empty nesters and like to act like teenagers!  :cheesy: