Devil's Peanut Butter

Started by danz, Feb 08, 2009, 06:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aMillionDreams

I had to do some research but I have confirmation that this song is an outtake from Z.  

If you watch the EPK for Z they show a list of potential songs at one point and Devil's Peanut Butter is the tenth song listed.

(wow, I am such a geek for this band)
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

xmascriminal

Well then it's good they cut it, because it wouldn't have fit on Z. But as far as EU is concerned, they could have replaced Two Halves and Thank You Too with Dear Wife and Devil's Peanut Butter, and I would have been happy.

capt. scotty

QuoteI had to do some research but I have confirmation that this song is an outtake from Z.  

If you watch the EPK for Z they show a list of potential songs at one point and Devil's Peanut Butter is the tenth song listed.

before checking this out, where'd you hear the song before it was posted here?
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

BH

QuoteI had to do some research but I have confirmation that this song is an outtake from Z.  

That's the reference I thought the poster was refering to.  And for some reason I thought I saw that on the EU EPK, that's why I thought it was Highly Suspicious.  I had no idea there was this track floating around.  Awesome!  How do I get this!!!!!
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

aMillionDreams

That's the reference I thought the poster was refering to.  And for some reason I thought I saw that on the EU EPK, that's why I thought it was Highly Suspicious.  I had no idea there was this track floating around.  Awesome!  How do I get this!!!!!

you have pm.

Cap'n, I had only heard of the song before.  I know the outtakes are out there, I know people who have them, but I am not yet one of those people.
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

capt. scotty

QuoteWell then it's good they cut it, because it wouldn't have fit on Z. But as far as EU is concerned, they could have replaced Two Halves and Thank You Too with Dear Wife and Devil's Peanut Butter, and I would have been happy.

Agreed. I dont think the sound is quite Z or EU, but sounds like something they wrote in between almost. That said, I think it wouldve fit great on EU but I understand why they wouldve cut it out of Z.

I can think of a handful of songs on EU Id want replaced with DPB
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

MickeyReds

QuoteWow, I like this song a lot. Sounds more like a EU outtake than Z to me, but either way, how the hell didnt this make the cut for EU?!?! Two Halves makes it on over this Devil's PBJ sandwich?!!?!

I think after 1 listen I like it more than half of EU.
Two Halves KICKS ASSSSSSS! >:(
As long as you keep a straight face...

capt. scotty

QuoteWow, I like this song a lot. Sounds more like a EU outtake than Z to me, but either way, how the hell didnt this make the cut for EU?!?! Two Halves makes it on over this Devil's PBJ sandwich?!!?!

How did you read my mind that it would be #1 to receive the axe from EU?  ;D

BH

Try listening to Two Halves this summer when the sun starts going down and you are cruising around in a classic car sippin' on a cherry coke.   If you've done all of that, and you still don't like it, then keep trying. ;)
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

capt. scotty

QuoteTry listening to Two Halves this summer when the sun starts going down and you are cruising around in a classic car sippin' on a cherry coke.   If you've done all of that, and you still don't like it, then keep trying. ;)

Ill take care of the cherry coke. If you buy me said classic car, I will try this.

TGMC421

QuoteTry listening to Two Halves this summer when the sun starts going down and you are cruising around in a classic car sippin' on a cherry coke.   If you've done all of that, and you still don't like it, then keep trying. ;)

[smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif]

searchinbig

I'm hungry. :P

Thanks for sharing.
"Somewhere out there is a land that's cool, where peace and balance are the rule."

MickeyReds

You said it.....?
As long as you keep a straight face...

capt. scotty

You said it.....?

Oh...I thought you quoted my thoughts I had made a couple minutes before you replied

:bagoverhead:

stew105

It almost sounds like The Cars.  W/O the slide guitar effect . . . .

user_FKA_webmoster

you have pm.

Cap'n, I had only heard of the song before.  I know the outtakes are out there, I know people who have them, but I am not yet one of those people.

So wait, I'm confused. Is there a link where we can download this?

user_FKA_webmoster

No really, did anyone rip this to MP3?

Kory

QuoteNo really, did anyone rip this to MP3?

I'm not going to post it but will hint at how to get the file... if one were to install a media download extension for firefox, all one has to do is load up the webpage and click the extract media button... one's download begins.  ;D
Visit [url="http://www.37flood.com"]http://www.37flood.com[/url] for Louisville music news.
Also, [url="http://www.koryjohnsonphotography.com"]http://www.koryjohnsonphotography.com[/url]

jones

QuoteNo really, did anyone rip this to MP3?

I'm not going to post it but will hint at how to get the file... if one were to install a media download extension for firefox, all one has to do is load up the webpage and click the extract media button... one's download begins.  ;D

Thanks, Kory!

tidu

Without downloading an extension, right click > view Source > Find ".mp3" and I'll leave you there :)