The Evil Urges album cover mystery solved

Started by songdiver, May 17, 2010, 11:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

songdiver

for anybody still having a hard time figuring out what the hell the cover "means," I figured it out, but I can't say b/c it means something different to everyone, but pay closer attention to the dark figure/shadow that "appears" to many people to be looking toward the stage.  If you figure out what he's looking at then you can solve the code.  But what Code am I talking about?  

Siriusly, they put secret codes in everything...the fun part is figuring them out and then you'll be in your own rock band...
"where we are, in the blink of an eye you get several meanings"

mjkoehler

Does it show that the Holy Grail is really the bloodline of Jesus and Mary Magdaline?

YouAre_GivenToFly

The wind blew me back, via Chicago, in the middle of the night.

Erik26

Have any of you guys seen the episode of South Park where the kids write an explicit, graphic and disgusting novel to be as gross as they can-- but when an 'adult' reads it, it becomes a global literary sensation? I am equating this thread to that episode because art (writing, poetry, music, photos, pictures, ect) is so subjective. I don't believe that there is a code in everything...seriously. Just as YouAre__GivenToFly said, No Code!
The fact that my heart's beating,
Is all the proof you need

songdiver

I'm not saying their is a specific code.  It's whatever you want it to be.  That was my point.  God, I've noticed the people who are still on this forum often are trying harder and harder to make fun of people who post anything on here.  I didn't specify anything specifically, did I?

It is subjective, that's why I didn't say exactly what it "is," so pay attention before you insult me.  

I SAID IT MEANS SOMETHING DIFFERENT FOR EVERYBODY IN MY FUCKING POST YOU IDIOT.

So save the condescending attitude.  I haven't been on here for a while b/c I noticed a year ago that the only people on here still have no clue what the hell is going on in the world and either take things too seriously are not seriously enough, while the true MMJ fans are actually making things happen to better the world, so I just came on here one last time to post a bunch of positive messages (before I ran into some loser who thinks a southpark reference is a valid way to make an example) to try and wake up one last round of the herd b/f the revolution gets stronger, but from the reaction, many of you are dogmatically stuck in only one reality tunnel and don't have the ability to formulate anything that is not insulting on some level when someone tries to be happy or inspirational.  This is my last post on here.  Six years as a fan, and now it's time to start my own band and writing career.  Hope to see you guys at the shows, just don't bum me out.

Wake up
"where we are, in the blink of an eye you get several meanings"

Ruckus

QuoteI'm not saying their is a specific code.  It's whatever you want it to be.  That was my point.  God, I've noticed the people who are still on this forum often are trying harder and harder to make fun of people who post anything on here.  I didn't specify anything specifically, did I?

It is subjective, that's why I didn't say exactly what it "is," so pay attention before you insult me.  

So save the condescending attitude.  I haven't been on here for a while b/c I noticed a year ago that the only people on here still have no clue what the hell is going on in the world and either take things too seriously are not seriously enough, while the true MMJ fans are actually making things happen to better the world, so I just came on here one last time to post a bunch of positive messages (before I ran into some loser who thinks a southpark reference is a valid way to make an example) to try and wake up one last round of the herd b/f the revolution gets stronger, but from the reaction, many of you are dogmatically stuck in only one reality tunnel and don't have the ability to formulate anything that is not insulting on some level when someone tries to be happy or inspirational.  This is my last post on here.  Six years as a fan, and now it's time to start my own band and writing career.  Hope to see you guys at the shows, just don't bum me out.

Wake up

Bummer your leaving Songdiver.  You always brought some interesting concepts in your posts, often referring to a vague "revolution" that I never could quite grasp my mind around and I wished you would have fleshed out your ideas some more.  But before you spew general hate at the forum, look in the Columbus thread.  It sure as hell sounded like everyone had a good time.  The figurative jaded forum member exists in all walks of life, not just here.  Don't leave here hatin'.  Not everyone is quite as dumb as you just might believe.
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

BH

No shit, wake up people!  South park is the RUIN! of this world.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Erik26

QuoteI'm not saying their is a specific code.  It's whatever you want it to be.  That was my point.  God, I've noticed the people who are still on this forum often are trying harder and harder to make fun of people who post anything on here.  I didn't specify anything specifically, did I?

Wake up
I didn't insult you, I simply wrote my opinion. I read your post and fully understand what you stated and in no way was I trying to be insulting. I'm sorry you took it that way and maybe in the future you shouldn't read into everything on here as a direct insult, as it is hard to always truely convey the tone of what we are trying to type. If i was insulting you my post would have looked a lot like your last one did.

And for the record, South Park does a great job of putting a mirror in front of society and forcing us to look at ourselves and actions. If you can't laugh at what people say and do then I feel sorry for you. ;)

Tracy 3000

Quotefor anybody still having a hard time figuring out what the hell the cover "means," I figured it out, but I can't say b/c it means something different to everyone...

You should be permanently banned from this site and every future MMJ show based solely on that "logic" above.
Jim brings all his love, passion, energy and mystery to the stage and says, "I'm right here."

Tracy 3000

So save the condescending attitude.  

I'll call you an idiot, but don't you dare be condescending to me.

This is as good as it gets (i.e. it doesn't get any better than that)   :)

Jim brings all his love, passion, energy and mystery to the stage and says, "I'm right here."

aMillionDreams

That was one of the most condescending posts I've ever read on here, songdiver.  Good luck to you, may you find some perspective.   :(
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

MMJ_fanatic

Tread lightly songdiver (if you're still around).
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

TEO

Anybody who says I am not awake and not aware needs to leave. You will not be missed...
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

Erik26

I'm happy that i'm not the only member to find his post both pompous and audacious.

Bigsky

I got it...so the code is that there is no code...thank you South Park for clearing that up.

Songdiver...any issue you have with someone else always stems from you. Take a nice long look in the broken mirror of life...you'll see that there are many fragmented points of view; they are all equal and important to the whole. Good luck with your music & writing and try not to let people's opinions hurt you so easily.

p.s. Thanks for getting my hopes up you dumb ass...I thought you were going to tell us who the shadow figure was.

p.p.s. Making fun of people is fun...especially when you make fun of your self...lighten up!

p.p.p.s. Tracy...you rock!

Jon T.

I just thought of something.... (that's right, dude, i got to thinking)
I've always thought that was Jim with his back facing us.  I think we debated a while ago that it could be him aged.  But what if the reason he is noticably "bulkier" is that he is wearing his cape?  That cape didn't start showing up until they were supporting EU, right?  I always took the cape as some kind of alter ego, not unlike Jim/Yim.  I don't know, just spitballing here.  Doesn't really answer any questions but I think it's certainly a possiblitly.  Anyone?

jones

It's a still shot of cassettewoman from a surveillance camera outside of one of Jim's old apartments.

On another note, I miss songdiver and his positive energy. :'(

He really showed us by leaving.

Jon T.

QuoteIt's a still shot of cassettewoman from a surveillance camera outside of one of Jim's old apartments.

WHAT KIND OF MORONIC FUCKING IDIOT DO YOU HAVE TO BE TO COME UP WITH THAT.  THAT IS THE DUMBEST IDEA I HAVE EVER HEARD!

how's that?   ;D

jones

QuoteIt's a still shot of cassettewoman from a surveillance camera outside of one of Jim's old apartments.

WHAT KIND OF MORONIC FUCKING IDIOT DO YOU HAVE TO BE TO COME UP WITH THAT.  THAT IS THE DUMBEST IDEA I HAVE EVER HEARD!

how's that?   ;D

songdiver? Is that you?

;D

ALady

if it falls apart or makes us millionaires