Cereal Appreciation Thread

Started by dragonboy, Oct 02, 2005, 07:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dragonboy

I love me a bowl of cereal first thing in the morning!

I'm always amazed by the selection of weird & wonderful (& potentially teeth destroying!) cereals in the US.
Some are just cookies, right? I love that!

Right now I'm still enjoying some Cinamon Toast & Reeses's Puffs from our last trip to Hawaii. Hmm Hmm!!!  :D

What are your favourites? What should I pick up next time I'm state-side?
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

ratsprayer

i think theyve discontinued it, but damn its my all time favourite.

EC

I usually eat this blend of organic grains and seeds and nuts and dried fruit with rice milk.

But I really love me a bowl of frosted mini wheats.  mmm.

MMJ_fanatic

QuoteI usually eat this blend of organic grains and seeds and nuts and dried fruit with rice milk.

But I really love me a bowl of frosted mini wheats.  mmm.
I find a nice bowl of earth and organic milk very refreshing in the a.m. and sometimes I eat Kashi Go Lean Crunch.
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

EC

I find a nice bowl of earth and organic milk very refreshing in the a.m. and sometimes I eat Kashi Go Lean Crunch.
mmmmm earth.  ;)

dragonboy

Most days I have Bran Flakes but weekends are for the fun stuff!
Man, I'm such a kid  ;D
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

primushead

It's all about the frosted mini wheats.  But be careful!  They get soggy quick. :'(

EC

QuoteIt's all about the frosted mini wheats.  But be careful!  They get soggy quick. :'(
I like them in the medium stage..  Still a bit of crunch, but not so crackly that they cut up your mouth.

Not really cereal, but breakfast related, I had black pudding last year for the first time.  Now, I can eat just about anything, but that stuff is sick.

MMJ_fanatic

QuoteIt's all about the frosted mini wheats.  But be careful!  They get soggy quick. :'(

F that!  soggy cereal rules--you can eat it with a straw

primushead

F that!  soggy cereal rules--you can eat it with a straw

Cereal through the straw is alright, but I've gotta have the crunch. Gimme that crunch!

dragonboy

Not really cereal, but breakfast related, I had black pudding last year for the first time.  Now, I can eat just about anything, but that stuff is sick.

I Love black pudding!
You can never have enough pigs blood!!!

EC

I Love black pudding!
You can never have enough pigs blood!!!
I have to disagree with that.  I definitely think you can have enough pigs blood.  I wasn't very fond of the white pudding, either...  

(do you really like it?)

dragonboy

Yeh I do.
I'll agree - it's very much an aquired taste & not very nice to look at.
Hated it when I was a kid but Love it now.
I always look forward to an English breakfast when I go home...

EC

See, I enjoy everything under the black pudding.

But the black pudding makes me want to blow chunks.  Also, it might be the barley in it that does it.  

I was in Ireland when I had it, and it was called a "fry up". :)

dragonboy

That's it, that's an English Breakfast!
Everything fried, fried-bread, fried-sausages, fried-mushrooms, fried-tomatoes, fried-bacon (you get the idea)!
How did you like it? How was your heart afterwards?  ;)

EC

QuoteThat's it, that's an English Breakfast!
Everything fried, fried-bread, fried-sausages, fried-mushrooms, fried-tomatoes, fried-bacon (you get the idea)!
How did you like it? How was your heart afterwards?  ;)
My heart was okay.  It was happy. :)

My stomach on the other hand was kicking the shit out of me for the damn black pudding!!

whothrewthecake

cereal is ze shit.  [smiley=beatnik.gif]

EC

Quotecereal is ze shit.  [smiley=beatnik.gif]
it eez verry verrry goot.   [smiley=afro.gif]

primushead

I just had a bowl of grape nuts this morning.  What IS the deal with grape nuts?  No grapes.  No nuts.  What is goin' on with this cereal?

MMJ_fanatic

anybody remember the guy who promoted Grape Nuts on TV--Ewell Gibbons I think his name was(?) A true health nut he was