Television:  THE OFFICE

Started by Golden_Shores, Nov 09, 2005, 09:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alligator Gar

I feel like they made Pam look a little more greasey for this season.

Spider_Beard

QuoteI feel like they made Pam look a little more greasey for this season.
less wholesome?  :(

peanut butter puddin surprise

my cat's breath smells like cat food
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

Golden_Shores

Quotemy cat's breath smells like cat food

I appreciate that you're spending so much time trying to prove a point that everybody gets.  Kudos...

What are your thoughts on the television show The Office?  A lot of people that I've spoken to do not appreciate the American version as much as its English original.  
Sometimes I wear pants.

I have a broader point that goes beyond this one thread.  Obviously.

Half

QuoteI have a broader point that goes beyond this one thread.  Obviously.

clearly
but i done went and plum forgot it

Golden_Shores

QuoteI have a broader point that goes beyond this one thread.  Obviously.

Obviously.  It trickled into my PM box.  But in terms of THIS thread, what are your thoughts on The Office?  I like to hear intelligent opinions on things that I like to see if other people agree or disagree...  
Sometimes I wear pants.

SMc55

We had the 'David getting a girlfriend'  episode in the English version too. Was it the same as your version where he was pretending he was bringing somebody to a works party and got a blind date at the last minute? That was excrutiating. Did you have the Tim/Dawn love thing doing on as well? That was bittersweet. I just willed them to get together. They might have had different names in the US version. Dawn was the receptionist and Tim was the sanest office worker there.

Golden_Shores

QuoteWe had the 'David getting a girlfriend'  episode in the English version too. Was it the same as your version where he was pretending he was bringing somebody to a works party and got a blind date at the last minute? That was excrutiating. Did you have the Tim/Dawn love thing doing on as well? That was bittersweet. I just willed them to get together. They might have had different names in the US version. Dawn was the receptionist and Tim was the sanest office worker there.

The office romance is definitely there.  I may have missed the David getting a girlfriend episode.  My understanding was that the first season was identical to the English version.  There was an episode where a girl came in to sell purses and David was all over her but she ended up dating the "Tim" character.
Sometimes I wear pants.

Alligator Gar

I watched this weeks episode again last night. The Office has definitely jumped the shark.

HorkoLad

QuoteI watched this weeks episode again last night. The Office has definitely jumped the shark.

I've never seen this show, Gar.
[img][url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v36/JeffoC6/cracknow.jpg"]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v36/JeffoC6/cracknow.jpg[/url][/img]

Alligator Gar

I've never seen this show, Gar.

Hey, pal, I'll bring my guitar to Michigan adn sing it to you.

Alligator Gar

This week's Office was DREADFUL

Half

a girl in our production area said i remind her of Jim :-/
but i done went and plum forgot it

Alligator Gar

Quotea girl in our production area said i remind her of Jim :-/

My mom says that of me :-/

Golden_Shores

QuoteThis week's Office was DREADFUL

it wasn't nearly as bad as last week's though.
Sometimes I wear pants.

ali

the original office (uk) was so great - the humour is so sharp, i think they only showed about 2 or 3 episodes of the us version here, it seemed ok but still not a patch on the original.... plus the fact that they only made a few episodes - bit like fawlty towers (anyone seen this... classic uk tv show from the 70s with john cleese - they only made 13 episodes i think)

love a song for the way it makes you feel

Golden_Shores

Quotethe original office (uk) was so great - the humour is so sharp, i think they only showed about 2 or 3 episodes of the us version here, it seemed ok but still not a patch on the original.... plus the fact that they only made a few episodes - bit like fawlty towers (anyone seen this... classic uk tv show from the 70s with john cleese - they only made 13 episodes i think)

Is the UK The Office on DVD or anything?  I've heard so much about it but never seen it.
Sometimes I wear pants.

Alligator Gar

it wasn't nearly as bad as last week's though.

It was way worse, trust me.