Television:  THE OFFICE

Started by Golden_Shores, Nov 09, 2005, 09:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Golden_Shores

I'd rather not take over another thread with reflections on The Office.  So let's do it all here.  

Last night's episode was less than stellar.  But it's truly the first time I've felt let down after the show.  Thoughts?

BTW Cortez... I love Jason Lee as well.  Do you like Mallrats more than Clerks?  Which did you watch first?  I've found that people who saw either movie first tend to like that movie just a bit better.  Possibly because it was their first exposure to Kevin Smith movies...  
Sometimes I wear pants.

Alligator Gar

I agree. The Office is quickly become a "sitcom"

Golden_Shores

QuoteI agree. The Office is quickly become a "sitcom"

Please elaborate...
Sometimes I wear pants.

Alligator Gar

Please elaborate...

All the actors suddenly have Professional Haricuts in this new season and teh plotlines are completely unbelievably unrealistic. Granted, the show was over-the-top before, but it's turning into a Friends-type show.

Half

there is something significantly different this season from last.  they've toned it down or something.  i loved it last season.  this season is good, but different- more watcher-friendly or mainstreamed
but i done went and plum forgot it

Alligator Gar

Quotethere is something significantly different this season from last.  they've toned it down or something.  i loved it last season.  this season is good, but different- more watcher-friendly or mainstreamed

Let's talk about this in Michigan next week.

Half

Let's talk about this in Michigan next week.

i'll be sloshing my wag in tooter knee-deep

Alligator Gar

i'll be sloshing my wag in tooter knee-deep

:D

HorkoLad

I'm boycotting this show like boys in cots
[img][url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v36/JeffoC6/cracknow.jpg"]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v36/JeffoC6/cracknow.jpg[/url][/img]

Alligator Gar

QuoteI'm boycotting this show like boys in cots

Hey, save it for Mitchiginia

LennytheTent

i've only seen about three episodes of this show, and they were all this season..and it's caught my attention..the scenes with the office reading the boss guy's movie screenplay was hilarious to me
Marge: Do you ever wonder why nobody likes you?
Artie Ziff: Anti-semitism?

Half

"Dwight" reminds me of Waxy

HorkoLad

Tinko Dutch reminds me of Mike Litzenger
[img][url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v36/JeffoC6/cracknow.jpg"]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v36/JeffoC6/cracknow.jpg[/url][/img]

Alligator Gar

Quote"Dwight" reminds me of Waxy

Golden_Shores

Quotei've only seen about three episodes of this show, and they were all this season..and it's caught my attention..the scenes with the office reading the boss guy's movie screenplay was hilarious to me

See that was the good part of the show.  I was surprised that David actually came off well at the end of the lunch/dinner/drinks meeting and then hooked up with that chick.  I like it better when he's always a bumbling idiot.
Sometimes I wear pants.

Spider_Beard

i have a little thing for Pam

Golden_Shores

Who doesn't?  

She was on the I Love the 80s 3D with her hair straightened.  I recognized her but my sexual partner did not.  She looks so different with straight done up professional hair.
Sometimes I wear pants.

Spider_Beard

QuoteWho doesn't?  

She was on the I Love the 80s 3D with her hair straightened.  I recognized her but my sexual partner did not.  She looks so different with straight done up professional hair.
her tints look great in those shirts she wears.

SMc55

I only know the English version and that stayed good till the end - though they were right to end it and not try to drag it out. It's funny I think because we actually know people like that. It makes me laugh and cringe at the same time.

Golden_Shores

QuoteIt's funny I think because we actually know people like that. It makes me laugh and cringe at the same time.

You're right on here.
Sometimes I wear pants.