Main Menu

Jim & Patrick

Started by seth, Oct 15, 2005, 10:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seth

Are they possibly.........a couple? Just the way they interact.......the panda bear pic.....never any "she" in lyrics.....anyway, just a thought/guess.  ;)

corey

Well, seeing that Patrick is married... I'd go with No. :)

They've known each other since they were wee lads, so they are  close friends.

Seth

oh, OK....didn't know Pat was married....maybe they're just straight-man-close....guess it was just wishful thinking on my part......what about the dondante lyrics? can a straight man really get that emotional over another male "friend"? i guess it's possible......jim's so great.

PapaJoeBear

Well, I've known many a straight man that gets 'emotional' about another man. But if Jim or Patrick leaned towards the male persuation, would it really mater?  Sexuality is what it is. Jim is prettyt hot though. lol  ;D

tomEisenbraun

I'd say that when a good friend decides to take their own life, you have every right to be emotional about it. That is not easy to handle.

And these guys have never just shrugged emotion off. Now they're learning how to communicate it even better.
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

ratsprayer

QuoteI'd say that when a good friend decides to take their own life, you have every right to be emotional about it. That is not easy to handle.

And these guys have never just shrugged emotion off. Now they're learning how to communicate it even better.

well said, tom.  i dont wish that situation on anyone else, whether it be a friend or family member who dies.  my uncle killed his wife before himself, but still you dont know the pain until youre confronted with it.  i can barely play guitar, but i know shitloads of music, and i still say music is one of the best channels for emotion.  

jim said something about making 'what a wonderful man' a song that he would have called them dorks over for making.  theyre making music like hes still here and thinking about him.  thats healthy, and cool as fuck too.

ycartrob

"can a straight man really get that emotional over another male"

I hugged the mailman when he delivered Z. But we didn't sleep together...

primushead

Quote"can a straight man really get that emotional over another male"

I'm going to have to refer to Jay and Silent Bob for this one.  Doesn't anyone remember the term 'hetero-lifemates'? :)

corey

peanut butter puddin surprise

Quotecan a straight man really get that emotional over another male "friend"?

Yes.

One of my good friends from college, Chuck, had a heart attack at age 24 and tragically died.  His dad was the master brewer for Rolling Rock Beer, so every time I have a Rolling Rock, I get a tear in my eye.  Hell, everytime I hear CSNY on the radio, I get all welled up as it was his favorite band.

So, yes.  Hopefully, you'll feel the same way about someone else in your life someday.  Being close with someone hardly ever involves rollin' in the sack.
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

EC

I'm just curious as to what about the panda bears made you think that Jim and Patrick were a couple?  

Also, there's lots of lady references in the songs...

Mahgeetah
They Ran
Um, Eveyln
Just Because I Do

Anyhow, not that that means anything, at all, I'm just pointin' 'er out.  

hee hee hee.

Billo

"I sing the song because I love the man
some of you won't understand"
(The Needle and the Damage Done)
I am sure the knives of prejudice and the misinformed   were out to get Neil Young for this one.  
I wish everyone regardless of their sexuality, well.
Peace

peanut butter puddin surprise

I love this thread.  It proves just how wild the world is, when people think Jim and Patrick are "a couple".  
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

DD

i guess it makes me gay then.  i mean with the whole "pubic hair in a baggie" thing anyway.
[url="//www.myspace.com/rednails"]www.myspace.com/rednails[/url]

www.garageband.com/artist/rednails

dragonboy

I think it's pretty silly.

I think the original question is pretty absurd & might even be offensive to the guys.
And if they were a couple, so fucking what?
The bands private life is their private life end of story.

God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

SplatSplatSplat

i think they're probably laughing their asses off right now. that is, of course, if they've even read this thread or heard about it.

i wonder if they are classified as bears...got a friend who's a cub...i'll find out.
You need it.  That's for sure.

Angry Ewok

I couldn't see Jim and Patrick being offended by this. It's too funny to be mad about.

Patrick's pandas + Jim wrote a song about a guy he cared for + Jim and Patrick wearing masks on Conan = Jim and Patrick are lovers?

Haha. Nice.
--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

DD

the walrus was pat!
[url="//www.myspace.com/rednails"]www.myspace.com/rednails[/url]

www.garageband.com/artist/rednails

just a guest

i have to say this is the one thread i've seen on here that actually made me laugh.  

tomEisenbraun

The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.