Favorite Sub?  (Or Hero...whatever)

Started by primushead, Mar 02, 2006, 01:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

primushead

So what's your favorite 'franchise' sub place?  Here's the list I compiled...add to it if I left out anything:

Blimpie
Jersey Mikes
Quizno's
Subway

Mine would definitely have to be quizno's...it's sooooooooooo good.  Mm...just thinking about one of their toasted honey bacon club makes me want to go get one.  Right now.  Which I may do.
Anyone else?

ratsprayer

subway

foot long italian herb and cheese bread, toasted chipotle southwest cheese steak.  get pepperjack cheese, lettuce, onions, just a few banana peppers, and extra southwest sauce.  mmmmmmmmm

realdeal

mmmmmmmmmmm....subway.

i like subway. i eat subway for lunch. it's good for me. you will find me at the corner of 6th and Market in downtown Louisville, Kentucky, daily ordering my ususal turkey on wheat with pepperjack, tom, onions, lettuce, banana pepers, green pepers, mayo, and spicey mustard.

Penn Station though is my favorite. Gimme that Italian please!!

Quizno's is crap and a total rip off.

ratsprayer

oh fuck yeah, penn station.  my wife used to work at one of those.  those were the days of free large chicken teriyaki sandwiches with shitloads of mayo.  they squeeze their own lemons and cut their own fries.  that's worth the extra money they charge compared to some of the other places.

Tree

i love subway! :)
but you can only find a few here in frankfurt!

ali

um excuse ignorance, but what are banana peppers, pepperjack and chipotle southwest cheese steak?

they're probably just things we call by another name, but from here they sound veeeerry weird  ;)

subway's ok, the dork they use for the ad (the one that lost all the weight?) is irritating
love a song for the way it makes you feel

ratsprayer

Quoteum excuse ignorance, but what are banana peppers, pepperjack and chipotle southwest cheese steak?

they're probably just things we call by another name, but from here they sound veeeerry weird  ;)

subway's ok, the dork they use for the ad (the one that lost all the weight?) is irritating

banana peppers

pepperjack cheese

chipotle steak

it's basically a spicy steak with chipotle peppers ground in to.  i can't imagine what weird ideas your aussie mind is getting.   ;)

ali

ahhh all makes sense now! basically anything you call a pepper, i call a capsicum (red, green, yellow, banana-shaped etc) or a chilli (if its hot)

its just another one of those eggplant / aubergine things...

love a song for the way it makes you feel

wellfleet

i like quiznos but i'll totally agree that it's ridiculously expensive for just your basic sandwiches.
there's this chain in montreal called dagwoods that have a secret sauce and it's like............... :o so awesome and when i worked across the street i would dutifully run there at my break and get a foot-long turkey and cheese on wheat with no veggies and tons of SAUCE!!!! i'm awful!
nice pics, rat, now i'm hungry...
everything sucks. really.

peanut butter puddin surprise

man, i'm so pumped that i get to go back to Montreal this year!!!

thanks for that.  
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

dragonboy

We have Subway here but the fillings aren't the same.
I always have me a couple of meatball subs & sweet onion & teri-yaki chicken (something like that!) when I'm home or in the US.
Man, I wish we had a proper Subway here - that & Burger King. Only Mac in Japan  :-/
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

MMJ_fanatic

Quiznos is the hands down fave in my book
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

Meddle

Quiznos is the supreme ruler over all other sub shops... sorry subway fans...
...And Some Are Angels...

I pine for a REAL Philly cheesesteak.  The crap that Penn Station/Quiznos/Subway/et al passes off as a cheesesteak doesn't cut the mustard for me....

any good ol fashioned sub shop back up in PA has got the goods.  they call them "Hoagies" up there.  If you ask for a "Hoagie" down here, people look at you like you just asked for some bizarre sexual favor or something....

Just for the record...
Ingredients for a real cheesesteak:

-onions
-mushrooms, nicely sauteed
-Steak M's style steak meat....usually sliced sirloin
-seasoned with salt, pepper, season salt, worshishire sauce
-SWISS cheese (I can't stress this enough...not provolone, mozzorella, or cheddar....fucking SWISS)
-mayo
-lettuce
-HOAGIE bun (sub style) usually not toasted.  kinda Italian sorta bread, not crusty French bread or the other kinds of weird bread they try to pass off as sub bread

Tree

QuoteOnly Mac in Japan  :-/

:o
no burger king? no subway?

:o

ratsprayer

QuoteI pine for a REAL Philly cheesesteak.  The crap that Penn Station/Quiznos/Subway/et al passes off as a cheesesteak doesn't cut the mustard for me....

any good ol fashioned sub shop back up in PA has got the goods.  they call them "Hoagies" up there.  If you ask for a "Hoagie" down here, people look at you like you just asked for some bizarre sexual favor or something....

Just for the record...
Ingredients for a real cheesesteak:

-onions
-mushrooms, nicely sauteed
-Steak M's style steak meat....usually sliced sirloin
-seasoned with salt, pepper, season salt, worshishire sauce
-SWISS cheese (I can't stress this enough...not provolone, mozzorella, or cheddar....fucking SWISS)
-mayo
-lettuce
-HOAGIE bun (sub style) usually not toasted.  kinda Italian sorta bread, not crusty French bread or the other kinds of weird bread they try to pass off as sub bread

you say hoagie gets you strange looks.  thats how i feel about a stromboli.  why the fuck cant i get one of those around here?

Jaimoe

Man, I wish we had a proper Subway here - that & Burger King. Only Mac in Japan  :-/

Why is this a bad thing? Fast-food chains are a worldwide scourge. Japanese people don't need an unhealthy fast-food diet to go along with their giant cigarette addiction.

Local diners and sub/sandwich shops are the way to go for any number of reasons.  

BIGVICLBI

The only questions are, Gino's or Pat's, wit or witout?
For those of you spread out in non Philly cheesesteak country, those are the two famous cheesesteak places in Philly, and wit or witout means with/without onions.

QuoteThe only questions are, Gino's or Pat's, wit or witout?
For those of you spread out in non Philly cheesesteak country, those are the two famous cheesesteak places in Philly, and wit or witout means with/without onions.

Definitely!  I remember going to Pat's ages ago....but hell, any shop up thataway has got the proper formula goin' on.

sounds like a road trip...for cheesesteaks!

saki

Jersey Mike's is like infinity times better than subway...

sorry, recently saw napolean dynamite :D