The World Cup Thread!!!

Started by dragonboy, Jun 07, 2006, 10:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chills

The Portuguese were far from impressive as well. I thought England fought impressively hard in the second half, after Rooney got sent off. The system was rubbish from the start though.  :-/

SMc55

QuoteThe system was rubbish from the start though.  :-/
Exactamundo!!!

wordawg

"We're shite, and we know we are"
the future is Ginger

Chills

Quote"We're shite, and we know we are"

Now, don't start adapting to the Belgian mentality   ;)

SMc55

It was a bloody awful performance though. Portugal were the most beatable team left and we couldn't make any impression on them. Oh well, onward and upward. We've got a new manager now.

Chills

QuoteIt was a bloody awful performance though. Portugal were the most beatable team left and we couldn't make any impression on them.

How could you with one striker isolated up front. How can you play so defensively when you have enough talent to dominate? I don't understand that mentality. Thats why Brazil lost too. And selecting Walcott and then not giving him a change to play was a pretty surreal move as well.

Onward and upward indeed

lasse

dragonboy

Quote"We're shite, and we know we are"
Haha  ;D
Man, we had a shocker, didn't we?! Like the good Doc said, Wayne Rooney deserved to be sent off.
No offence Patches but having watched Portugal play Iran, The Netherlands & now England I don't think there's a player I dislike more than Cristiano Ronaldo...

Anyway, no more late nights for me  ;)
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

Tree

dragonboy

So who's everyone got their money on now?
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

Easy Morning Rebel

QuotePORTUGAL

:D :D :D :D :D :D
Yeah, Ricardo was brilliant in the penalty shoot outs against England. ;D

QuoteSo who's everyone got their money on now?
Italy. I think they have a BIG chance to win it all. Especially since both Brazil and Argentina are out.
[url="http://www.last.fm/user/SoAlive/"]http://www.last.fm/user/SoAlive/[/url]

Even cowgirls get the blues

Tree

Yeah Ricardo was brilliant! :)

Chills

QuoteSo who's everyone got their money on now?

Germany.
Seriously

Chills

Germany.
Seriously

::)

Mr. T.

::)

;D

Very good game last nite! Italie was the right winner. Good goals. I favor them now...
We are young despite the years,
we are concern,
we are hope despite the times

SMc55

;D

Very good game last nite! Italie was the right winner. Good goals. I favor them now...
Yes, I'd go for Italy now.

EC

well france took to the streets in portugal's place.  there was a considerably smaller faction, but they made up for it in bravado.  it's really funny, whatever team wins is suddenly the language that you hear on the streets.  i have NEVER heard so much (read: any) french on college street before.

it was kind of nice though because i could kind of understand. ;)

so what are we now, france and italy?

holy moly.  i should go away this weekend. ;)

Tree

Italy!

but i dislike both teams!

dragonboy

Yer, I'm not fussed either way...Italy I guess?  :-/

Tree

fuck...the result should be: portugal - germany 3:1 and not 1:3