The World Cup Thread!!!

Started by dragonboy, Jun 07, 2006, 10:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dragonboy

Well done Ghana, their first WC, no? Gotta love the underdog...

This is where things get exciting!
Germany Vs Sweden, Argentina Vs Mexico, France Vs Spain, England Vs Ecuador, Portugal Vs Netherlands...some great matches to look forward to!

[size=10]COME ON ENGLAND!!![/size]
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

Jaimoe

Let's Go Equador. Gotta love the underdog!

dragonboy

QuoteLet's Go Equador. Gotta love the underdog!
Haha, the way England are playing I'm too sure who the underdogs are...
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

SMc55

Haha, the way England are playing I'm too sure who the underdogs are...

Indeed  :-/
A win for England is not at all a foregone conclusion.
As a Newcastle supporter the injury to Owen is especially worrying.

Chills

Germans are through. Argentina vs Mexico up next. Should be a good game!

Chills

Mexico one nil up after five minutes. Could be interesting. I'm off watching this.

Tree

SMc55

England 1 - 0 Ecuador
That'll do nicely  :D

dragonboy

I fell asleep & missed the goal  :-[

SMc55

QuoteI fell asleep & missed the goal  :-[

It was a good 'un - a Beckham classic - and it came from nowhere so it's no wonder you were asleep.

Tree

PORTUGAL!!!!!!!!!!!  :D

and now england - portugal!!!! without Deco  :-/

SMc55

and now england - portugal!!!! without Deco  :-/

portugal without deco  ;D
(we might be in with a chance now)

EC

i was at a wedding yesterday that was across the street from one of the biggest portuguese bars in this city.

ahaha.  it was CRAZY.  it was so surreal.  i think the record was hit last night - 10 hours of horns.  i've been keeping track.  as a social experiment.

i think people should get this excited about books, too.  and maybe a great painting.  

ycartrob

Quotei was at a wedding yesterday that was across the street from one of the biggest portuguese bars in this city.

ahaha.  it was CRAZY.  it was so surreal.  i think the record was hit last night - 10 hours of horns.  i've been keeping track.  as a social experiment.

i think people should get this excited about books, too.  and maybe a great painting.  

I hear ya Meg. I try to raise that point to groups of young people sometimes. What is it about sport that will bring together 10's of thousands of people to watch a G A M E?
hhhhmmmm, I think I smell a new thread.

the_other_woman

It's tribal.  It's communal.  It's competition.  I don't think that is a hard question.
holdin' on....for that TEENAGE FEELING!

ycartrob

QuoteIt's tribal.  It's communal.  It's competition.  I don't think that is a hard question.

well, considering the majority of the earth's population could give a shit about sports, I think it's relevant.

fitzcarraldo

Easy Morning Rebel

Spain vs. France 1-3

But Henry was shaming and got a free-kick who became a goal. I hate, hate, hate cheating! It makes me so angry, though I hate Henry and the French football team even more at the moment. Spain should've won.
[url="http://www.last.fm/user/SoAlive/"]http://www.last.fm/user/SoAlive/[/url]

Even cowgirls get the blues

SMc55

QuoteSpain vs. France 1-3

But Henry was shaming and got a free-kick who became a goal.

There's been too much of that. I hate it too. I wonder of the time will come when referees can look at video footage before making decisions. It would spoil the flow though but sometimes the ref penalises a player then the playback shows the other player to be clearly diving.  >:(

Tree

fuck.... >:( why did the german team win.....................