Favourite Christmas or Holiday Films/TV Shows?

Started by Jaimoe, Dec 22, 2006, 08:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaimoe

I love Christmas films and tv specials. Here's some of my favourites (in order):

How The Grinch Stole Christmas (Original animated Boris Karloff version)
The Office Christmas special - BBC
Blackadder's Christmas Carol
Two WKRP in Cincinnati Christmas episodes
Scrooge - Alistar Sim's 1951 version
It's A Wonderful Life
A Christmas Story - Bob Clark's 1983 classic
Christmas Vacation
Rich Little's Christmas Carol
Father Ted - A Christmassy Ted  
A Charlie Brown Christmas - 1965
Rudolph The Red Nose Reindeer - 1964 Rankin/Bass

vielfras

Gotta agree with all of those.  I was just watching the Charlie Brown Christmas, and laughed my ass off when as Charlie was introduced as the pageant director, snoopy starts booing him.  I love that part.  Snoopy was such a little bastard.
When the well's dry, we know the worth of water.

dragonboy

I posted this the other day but I'll post it again incase anyone missed it. You can watch lots of Xmas TV classics in full here:
http://www.fanpop.com/spots/christmas/soapbox/64
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

dragonboy

I love A Charlie Brown Christmas & the original animated Grinch.
Anyone remember the Simpsons Christmas episode where they get Santa's Little Helper from the dog races? It's funny to watch the early episodes now, the animation looks pretty strange by comparison.
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

Jaimoe

QuoteIt's funny to watch the early episodes now, the animation looks pretty strange by comparison.

Not just the animation, but it's funny how unfunny the show is these last 10 years.

brkndwnbus

All of the Holiday Charlie Brown cartoons are fun to watch. Actually, anything with Charlie Brown is awesome.

MMJ_fanatic

How The Grinch Stole Christmas (Original animated Boris Karloff version)
Scrooge - Alistar Sim's 1951 version
It's A Wonderful Life
A Christmas Story - Bob Clark's 1983 classic
A Charlie Brown Christmas - 1965
Rudolph The Red Nose Reindeer - 1964 Rankin/Bass

Ditto
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

red

Is anything really better than A Christmas Story?  For TV - The Office Christmas Special can't be topped (pretty much the best episode of anything ever).

Jaimoe

I must say that Cheers had a couple of memorable Christmas episodes; so did MASH and All In The Family. SNL had some great Christmas-themed shows over the years, but the best one was with the original cast.

Taterbug

My favorite show as a kid was Ray Rayner & His Friends. And a month before christmas he would count down the days with a special calender that had  little windows you would open each day. It would reveal little images of the holidays. They played a cartoon called Susie Snowflake ( with hardrock, coco and joe.) My christmas wasn't complete until I saw that cartoon.  I can't forget about Cuddley Duddley. OK I'll stop talking now. I will climb back into my crypt now.
"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle" Honest Abe

megisnotreal

QuoteIs anything really better than A Christmas Story?.

no.

don't make me shoot your eye out.  ;)

MMJ_fanatic

Have you guys seen the wireless phone commercial that rips off "A Christmas Story"?  I love it!  "You'll run the bill up kid!  Ho, Ho, Ho!" :D
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

Tree

QuoteI love A Charlie Brown Christmas & the original animated Grinch.
Anyone remember the Simpsons Christmas episode where they get Santa's Little Helper from the dog races? It's funny to watch the early episodes now, the animation looks pretty strange by comparison.

The Kwyjibo-episode, right?  ;D

Love the "Home Alone" movies.

dragonboy

QuoteI love A Charlie Brown Christmas & the original animated Grinch.

The Kwyjibo-episode, right?  ;D

Love the "Home Alone" movies.
That's right! Kwyjibo, haha!
We watched Home Alone last week, still lots of fun.
I wanted to get Gremlins from the DVD store too but it was out...

Tree

Holy crap. Gremlins 2 used to be my favorite movie. I have to watch it again.
Yesterday I got the Nightmare Before Christmas DVD. I think I´m going to watch it tomorrow.

Hawkeye

Bump

So far this year
Gremlins
Very Sunny Christmas
Gremlins

Next
Die Hard
A Christmas Story

In que
Home Alone
Scrooged
It's a Wonderful Life
The Nightmare Before Christmas
Miracle on 34th St
A Christmas Carol
The Muppet Christmas Carol
A Charlie Brown Christmas
Rudolph the Red-nosed Reindeer

What y'all watching this year?
We could.

blucas

There's a movie called Mixed Nuts that is a quirky, dysfunctional Xmas story set in LA.  Steve Martin, Adam Sandler, Juliette Lewis, Madeline Kahn.  Definitely worth a look!
soft and warm all the time make you want it over and over

e_wind

don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

smhoffmann02

Christmas Vacation is a tradition in my household.  Uncle Eddie's dickie kills me every time.  Love me some Griswold's...
Give me a butt load of reverb on this one - just pile it on.

peafunk31

Scrooged for sure. It has one of the best lines in a Xmas movie

"The bitch hit me with a toaster!"

And of course the obvious:

Christmas Story
Charlie Brown
Christmas Vacation
Homer no function beer well without.