So what do you guys do for a living?

Started by geekdork, Dec 29, 2006, 10:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angry Ewok

CC is OHMSS... but don't tell anyone.
--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

tomEisenbraun

i work as an afterschool teacher at a local K-12 private school in Nashville, TN. I basically hang out with K-4th graders every day from 2:30-5:30 and make sure nobody gets killed. it's an awesome gig, and helps pay for college expenses quite well. that and it's great experience with kids for the teaching and just life in general.
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

dragonboy

Quotei work as an afterschool teacher at a local K-12 private school in Nashville, TN. I basically hang out with K-4th graders every day from 2:30-5:30 and make sure nobody gets killed. it's an awesome gig, and helps pay for college expenses quite well. that and it's great experience with kids for the teaching and just life in general.
What did they make of your awesome facial hair Tom?
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

sweatboard

Here is a funny story from the Boys & Girls Club.

The Purple Thong Story.

So, one day I was out of clean underwear and all I had left in the dresser was these purple thongs that Anna Beth had bought me.  I thought "What The Hell, I'll rock the thongs today"  So I'm at work and I'm feeling pretty good about it, I feel kind of sexy and naughty, you know.  So all the kids are in the "Gamesroom" playing pool and foosball etc.  When all of a sudden the foosball flys off the table.  Me being the helpful guy I am bend down to pick up the ball for the kids.  Well, I guess when I bent over my shirt lifted up in the back and when I turn around the kids are all looking at me really wide eyed and suddenly one of the third grade boys just start screaming at the top of his lungs "Mr. Brian's Wearing Panties, Mr. Brians Wearing Panties!!!!!"  So, the moral of that story is.......Just Freeball it if you work with kids.  :-[
There's Still Time.........

Angry Ewok

You only ruined the lives of about two dozen children. No big deal.

sweatboard

QuoteYou only ruined the lives of about two dozen children. No big deal.

Uh, NO!!!............................... but I may have turned some gay.

BH

I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

ali

architect (not registered yet, but working towards it)
:)
love a song for the way it makes you feel

pawpaw

Architect, huh Ali? I just got out of a meeting with a room full of architects. I'm a Mechanical Engineer for an MEP firm (I design heating, cooling and ventilation systems for buildings). If you've been to San Francisco lately, you may have seen the two big buildings sprouting up south of Market (Rincon Hill, Spear St.); I "did time" with those. I'm really into environmentally minded, energy efficient, "GREEN" building design, and fortunately there's a lot of that being done right now in California, a lot of cool jobs to be involved with/learn from.
"I'm able to sing because I'm able to fly, son. You heard me right..."

LET_THE_FETUS_ROCK

I'm a physical therapist working with geriatric people in a homecare company.  Two things I have learned from working with the elderly,  1) save money for retirement.  Being old is bad enough, old and broke sucks ass.  2) Live life your own way, don't give a shit what other people think.  I like working with Old folks they have something most people don't - perspective.
I will be there when you die!

Angry Ewok

Old people can be very cool... I wonder what MMJ will be like as senior citizens? Maybe we could all move into the same retirement home together... that'd rock.

corey

Wow. Some of you guys do really important stuff. I wish I made a difference to people...

I worked at a video store for 9 fucking years (as a manager for about half of those). Now I just do freelance video work shooting and editing (usually) very boring commercials, corporate videos, etc.

BH

QuoteOld people can be very cool... I wonder what MMJ will be like as senior citizens? Maybe we could all move into the same retirement home together... that'd rock.

I don't know Brad, you are already angry, just think about how what you will be like as an old man!   ;)

Actually, picturing all of us sitting in the lobby bobbing our old heads to OKONOKOS on the tv in the corner is a wonderful vision.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Angry Ewok

Hey, man... we'll pour a little bit of that Ensure out for the homies who didn't make it.

megisnotreal

QuoteHey, man... we'll pour a little bit of that Ensure out for the homies who didn't make it.

that's how we'll roll in okonokos acres.

MMJ_fanatic

I supervise the manufacture of pharmaceuticals  :-X
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

sweatboard

EC

QuoteWow. Some of you guys do really important stuff. I wish I made a difference to people...

I worked at a video store for 9 fucking years (as a manager for about half of those). Now I just do freelance video work shooting and editing (usually) very boring commercials, corporate videos, etc.

now come on now.  you make a difference to a LOT of people.  you've got some pretty dang interesting things on the go.