Best and Worst Leftovers

Started by primushead, Sep 23, 2007, 01:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

primushead

What's best heated up the next day?  What's the worst?

Best--Chinese food of any sort.  And dare I say it's better when it's leftover?  I do believe it is.

Worst--Hamburgers...the meat seems way too dry and the bun gets way too hot.  Definitely a 1 out of 10.

Anyone else?

aMD

most italian is great leftover.  mac and che.  lasagna. although some cream sauces don't keep.  jambalaya is also good leftover.

not good:  hamburgers.  mashed potatoes (actually, if you make them into potato cakes that could go to the top of the good list.)

mjkoehler

Best- PIZZA. Come on, cold pizza in the morning. Breakfast of champions! Also, most soups, stews, and chilies. The extra time allows the flavors to meld even more. chili is sooooo good the 2nd and 3rd day.

Worst- I'll have to agree with eveyone else so far, hamburgers. Meat turns into a protein laced hockey puck.

BH

Best - Spaghetti

Worst - Salad
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Sleazy Rider

QuoteBest - Spaghetti

Worst - Salad

You took the words right out of my fingers!
Politics. It's a drag. They put one foot in the grave, and the other on The Flag.

corey

Chicken tenders of any kind of fried chicken is pretty bad leftover. I think one of the main things I like about fried foods is the crunchiness. It's just not the same warmed over.

TheBigChicken

best are soups or stews / pasta dishes
worst are hot dogs or fish :-[
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

TheBigChicken

QuoteChicken tenders of any kind of fried chicken is pretty bad leftover. I think one of the main things I like about fried foods is the crunchiness. It's just not the same warmed over.
very true
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

The DARK

Best: Pizza. The king of all leftovers. All forms of pasta are also good.

Worst: Burritos. Don't even try reheating these.
In another time, in another place, in another face

dragonboy

I never re-heat my leftovers. A lot of foods taste better cold the next day IMO - Hamburger Helper for example.
Not leftovers but I'm eating cold chili straight out of the tin as I type.
My wife thinks I'm strange but I think she's strange!  ;)
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

.Walt

best: all thanksgiving food, soup/stews, pizza, meatloaf, meat that can be made into a sandwich the next day.
worst: mac n' cheese
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

Jacket Fanatic

Best--Chinese food of any sort.  And dare I say it's better when it's leftover?  I do believe it is.

That is actually what I had for lunch today. Leftover Chinese food is always something to look forward to.

ManNamedTruth

if we're talking about reheating, pizza is terrible out of the microwave. cold pizza is very good though. meat loaf is pretty bad.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

TEO

Cold rare steak gnawed from the bone.
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

megisnotreal

meatloaf sandwiches are the dank

aMD

Quotemeatloaf sandwiches are the dank

i'd have to agree

primushead

Quotebest: all thanksgiving food, soup/stews, pizza, meatloaf, meat that can be made into a sandwich the next day.

THANKSGIVING FOOD is the best.  Good call.  Ever make a turkey and stuffing sandwich the next day?  It's one of my all time favs.

megisnotreal

also delish leftover: fajitas. they make good nachos. yum. i am also a fan of eating cold fried chicken leftovers.

unfotunately for me, sushi does not fair well in the realm of leftovers. it loses its yummy texture.

ps: i dig the new name greg.  :-*

mjkoehler

Quotebest: all thanksgiving food, soup/stews, pizza, meatloaf, meat that can be made into a sandwich the next day.

THANKSGIVING FOOD is the best.  Good call.  Ever make a turkey and stuffing sandwich the next day?  It's one of my all time favs.
Those sandwhich rule! Throw some cranberry on it and it's even better.

primushead