my fellow men

Started by EC, Oct 08, 2007, 08:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EC

dear boys,

you're lovely, but grow up or fuck off.

love,
ec

can i get a witness?  if you're into women, you can say the same thing.  what is UP lately?  why are the men i know still acting like kids?  is there anybody left in the world who is capable of experiencing an emotional connection without getting scared and pretending that you're some kind of don juan?  who's buying that shit, anyhow?

i blame the internet.

sweatboard

I blame this guy.......

There's Still Time.........

ycartrob

I blame this guy.......

sweatboard

Lionel Richie?  NO WAY!!!!!

It's all this guys fault.....

EC

QuoteI blame this guy.......

i would marry that guy.

Angry Ewok

Damn... Al Gore looks like shit.
--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

sweatboard

QuoteDamn... Al Gore looks like shit.

You would to if you had to live with being responsable for inventing the internet.  I'm sure it seemed like a good idea at the time Al.  

Jaimoe

Well, I hope you don't mean me Megan?!

Some men never grow up. It's just the way it is with the "less-fairer sex". However, I know lots of men that you'd love EC, however they mostly alll married. The emotionally connected guys are out there, but sometimes they live far apart.

EAZYE

not directed at you meg or any of the fine women on this forum, but I'm getting a little annoyed with all the crazy women I've been meeting lately. :-/
I painted my name on the back of a leaf
and I watched it float away

dragonboy

Quotenot directed at you meg or any of the fine women on this forum, but I'm getting a little annoyed with all the crazy women I've been meeting lately.

You should meet my wife Eric!  ;D
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

EAZYE

does she belong in that category as well :)  she must not be to bad you did decide to marry her
I painted my name on the back of a leaf
and I watched it float away

EC

QuoteWell, I hope you don't mean me Megan?!

Some men never grow up. It's just the way it is with the "less-fairer sex". However, I know lots of men that you'd love EC, however they mostly alll married. The emotionally connected guys are out there, but sometimes they live far apart.
no my friend, i do not mean you.  and i don't mean anybody on here that i might know in real life, either.  i just feel like i keep going through relationships that end up going nowhere once a little bit of love might scarily creep up.  and hey, i knows, at this point in our (my) lives, we've all had our hearts smashed to pieces by one or several people.  and that kind of hurt might turn a fella into the "quest for never feeling bad again".  and that's ok, but don't mess around with my heart in the process, please.  it's bad form.  plus, and this is the part that is funny, but not funny, going around and messing people up and pretending like you don't care about, or were unaware of, the consequences is bullshit.  it's bullshit because if you don't care, you're fooling yourself (and yer not foolin' anyone else), and if you keep fooling yourself, it gets harder to get comfortable with the fact (and who doesn't know this deep down) that love is the best thing there is in this world.  but it requires an absolute reverence to itself, which requires being uncomfortable and possibly looking stupid.  

call me naive, but i still believe in love, big time.  and i like to be ridiculous and silly and i also get serious when i need to.  and i also know that it's risky business here.  it's rissssky.

i'm very preachy, lately.  perhaps we should start a whole other section called "EC bible time for the interested".

anyhow, onwards with my quest.

The DARK

Most of us really do honestly have these feelings, don't worry. But it's nearly impossible to find us acting open-faced among other guys. Guys can't be overly honest about their feelings without violating man law #1. And one can't live his life solely among women. It takes more guts than you think when you have a reputation to defend.

I'm glad nobody here knows who I am... ;D

On the other hand, why do most girls seem to be so serious about everything in their lives? Look closely, and there's really no reason to be upset about something. If everything around you is falling apart, the one thing you can still control is your good spirits. I'm glad that a lot of women I know are absurdly funny most of the time. So lighten up, girls. There's really no reason to be down most of the time.
In another time, in another place, in another face

LizKing531

QuoteMost of us really do honestly have these feelings, don't worry. But it's nearly impossible to find us acting open-faced among other guys. Guys can't be overly honest about their feelings without violating man law #1. And one can't live his life solely among women. It takes more guts than you think when you have a reputation to defend.

I'm glad nobody here knows who I am... ;D

On the other hand, why do most girls seem to be so serious about everything in their lives? Look closely, and there's really no reason to be upset about something. If everything around you is falling apart, the one thing you can still control is your good spirits. I'm glad that a lot of women I know are absurdly funny most of the time. So lighten up, girls. There's really no reason to be down most of the time.

You could try - but I'm pretty confident you'd end up your own brand o' crazy in the process.  The male & female mind are completely different animals.  Each to be respected in their own right, never to be understood.