Main Menu

Music

Started by EC, Nov 13, 2007, 10:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taterbug

Is Kazoo a metaphor for meat whistle ?
"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle" Honest Abe

sweatboard

No, that's a totally diffrent instrument.  We do have a meat whistle player though, he also plays a mean skin flute.......

There's Still Time.........

Taterbug

;D , that was so funny you made  :'(.
He looks like he would be good at it.
"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle" Honest Abe

Taterbug

I think if your band ever came to play in Chicago I might have to PUNT on checkin ya out.  You need a new meat whistle player. ;)

The DARK

Music blows my mind. I dont really think I need to say anymore.  :D
In another time, in another place, in another face

sweatboard

QuoteI think if your band ever came to play in Chicago I might have to PUNT on checkin ya out.  You need a new meat whistle player. ;)

What, do you play?

Taterbug

I bought a guitar about 6 months ago.  I suck badly.
I hear she plays a mean meat whistle.

sweatboard

MJ, I'd ask you to join as the second guitar player but it sounds like you might be OVER qualified.  None of the members in our band can actually play "Songs".  How are you with pyrotechnics?

Taterbug, when can you start?

tomEisenbraun

Because some days, when the sun hits the right angle over the trees--just enough to render everything absolutely golden--and the shadows are long, the air slightly chilly, but still not too cold to roll your windows all the way down, the window blowing strong enough to throw your hair around in such a way to remind you of everything good about Love, and the road endless--not hopelessly so, but hopefully so--those days...those days are Eat A Peach days.

I can't explain why to you, and I hope I don't need to, but my favorite days of my life are Eat A Peach days. Very selfishly so, but "Ain't Wastin' Time No More" sums everything up so perfectly in a way that doesn't even make sense on any other plane but resonance. I don't know the words of the song, but I can sing every verse of it. I can't play you the guitar licks, but I can sing every second of the solos. And only certain days are graced with this album from out my speakers. And I wouldn't try and make you understand, and I wouldn't try and change a day for this album, only look forward to those perfect fall days when I don't have a choice other than this album.

Because I understand me less than most people seem to and writing music about it is self-incrimination, but when I can wrap myself comfortably in Wayne Coyne's quandaries of self in "Feelin' Yourself Disintegrate," in Doug Martsch's "In The Morning", in Andrew Bird's "Weather Systems," in Jim's "I Think I'm Going To Hell," and act like the most beautiful part of the music is the music itself, and no one grows suspicious. Because "Nights in White Satin" is SO fucking minor. Because Pink Moon was the height of Nick Drake's frailty, and the crux of his beauty. Because Regina Spektor's "Us" exists. Because my stereo listens when I sing back to it, and if that's the only audience I ever sing to, I'll still get goosebumps off of other people's songs.

Because I can't listen to "Dondante" casually.

Because I saw The Jacket at the Ryman and beat a bruise the size of a soccer ball into my right thigh pounding along with them, feeling as proud as Dad for one of their greatest accomplishments.

Because somewhere inside everybody--not just the lucky ones, I'm convinced it's everybody--there's this part waiting to resonate. Everyone's got a different resonant peak, but when it's hit, they get goosebumps, they turn their heads, they tap their feet, they cry and they can't tell you why, but something deeper than cognition knows why, and it shows regardless of whether they know it's there or not.

Because someone, somewhere loves the same song you love, and you don't have to ask them why.
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

dragonboy

If it wasn't for music I'd certainly be a little fatter in the pocket at the end of each month  ;)

Showbiz & AG - Fat Pockets: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ct_7mC6PCg
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

mjkoehler

QuoteMJ, I'd ask you to join as the second guitar player but it sounds like you might be OVER qualified.  None of the members in our band can actually play "Songs".  How are you with pyrotechnics?

Taterbug, when can you start?

I can light a mean series of sparklers. Be damned the burns from the sparks!