The NFL Thread - 2007-08 style!!!

Started by aMD, Aug 12, 2007, 10:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

.Walt

pats win pats win!! Randy is Dandy!!

k, adrian peterson looks like a beast!! hopefully the vikings won't make the playoffs, and then draft a QB. their run defense is so good, too bad about their offense.

Much Greater Than Science Fiction

ManNamedTruth

Steelers are really tearing it up. Granted, against not very good teams, but we're doing it dominantly like we should. The way our schedule is, we should at least go to 5-0. I'm looking at the game in New England as a really tougth one.
Just thought i'd add the Steelers have extended their streak of not allowing a running back to rush for 100 yards to 28 straight games!
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

TEO

"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

ycartrob

If the Saints are to turn it around, it starts tonight against the Titans! We cannot wait until week 4 (or 0-3).

Can I get a Who Dat?

ManNamedTruth

Does anyone else think its bullshit that you can call a timeout moments before the ball is snapped to make a team rekick a fieldgoal? It's a shitty way to win a game.

knotcameloose

QuoteDoes anyone else think its bullshit that you can call a timeout moments before the ball is snapped to make a team rekick a fieldgoal? It's a shitty way to win a game.
Teams can call timeout whenever they want, the problem is that they ask the Ref to call it just before the snap, or when the play clock runs down to 2, and the Ref calls it just as the ball is snapped.

The new rule (if they pass one) has to do with the Ref calling it at a requested time.

For example, no timeouts with less than 10 seconds on the playclock on a field goal attempt....something like that.

ManNamedTruth

QuoteDoes anyone else think its bullshit that you can call a timeout moments before the ball is snapped to make a team rekick a fieldgoal? It's a shitty way to win a game.
Teams can call timeout whenever they want, the problem is that they ask the Ref to call it just before the snap, or when the play clock runs down to 2, and the Ref calls it just as the ball is snapped.

The new rule (if they pass one) has to do with the Ref calling it at a requested time.

For example, no timeouts with less than 10 seconds on the playclock on a field goal attempt....something like that.

i agree

MMJ_fanatic

Whoo boy talk about an embarassing Sunday for Chicago--felt kinda bad for Rex when the chants of "Griese" started.

Thankfully my Pats go 3-0  8-)
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

TEO

Saints 0-3. At this point 15-1 seems, how shall I say.......unattainable. (actually after the LAST game it was.......unattainable).    

primushead

Hooray! Panthers are up to 2-2!  

ManNamedTruth

QuoteHooray! Panthers are up to 2-2!  

How is that possible? We've only had 3 weeks so far.

TEO

The oldest Colt's fan who has lived in three different centuries will see her first game on Sunday at the Dome!

crazylove

I hope she gets box seats!  :D
QuoteThe oldest Colt's fan who has lived in three different centuries will see her first game on Sunday at the Dome!
"You could kill someone up here and bury them in the snow! No one would ever find them!"- Penny Lane

TEO

QuoteI hope she gets box seats!  :D
QuoteThe oldest Colt's fan who has lived in three different centuries will see her first game on Sunday at the Dome!

Irsay should have her in his suite with all of the trimmings! I will be happy just to see her smiling face on TV if that is all I can get. :)

corey

I'm really liking the Cowboys right now. I think they have a good shot at going to the Big Game.

Did you guys just see that bad snap that Romo got the first down on? That's probably the longest run for 4 total yards that I've ever seen. Pretty damn impressive.

aMD

that was awesome.  i like the cowboys as much as i hate to admit since I hate TO.  I agreed that they've got a good shot of making it to the super bowl.

corey

So the Cowboys are still undefeated and the Packers are a few minutes away from staying undefeated.

The Falcons are pulling it out over the Texans, which is a shame because I like the Texans. Most of their offense is injured, but they still hung in there pretty good.

primushead

Dammit Panthers.  For real, get it together.  

You have Steve Smith.

You have Julius Peppers.

You have Jake Del...well, you have a quarterback.

Just, beat Tampa Bay please.

aMD

steve smith has 5 rec yards in the first three quarters.  that just shouldn't happen

red

Not a good year to be a Vikings fan, I'm afraid.  But oh man, Rice is going to be a star, that TD reception was glorious.