The Seafood Thread

Started by The_DARK, Mar 01, 2008, 08:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The DARK

I'm cravin a po'boy right now!  :D
In another time, in another place, in another face

Ghosts_on_TV

Me and my girlfriend are going to make crab legs today. And steaks.  :D
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

aMD

I'm a HUGE seafood fan.  I eat it 3-6 times a week probably.  My favorite part of going to the ocean is the fresh seafood.  Clams, oysters, crab, and shrimp are my favorites.

mjkoehler

Highly allergic. Found out the hard way. No one else in my family is as far as I know and I never had any shellfish until that day. That was NOT a good date. Nothing like Anaphylactic Shock on the dinner menu. And no, there was no second date.

bearass

i will have lobster for my birthday on thurs ive been counting down hours mmmmmmmmmm

ManNamedTruth

That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

ycartrob

Being from Mississippi, I am down with shrimp, crawfish, crabs, and catfish (all fish is seafood, huh?)

used to live in Maine and we'd totally feast on lobster, quahogs (clams), mussels, and scallops. We'd get eveything straight off the dock and it was fresh and cheap!

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm

primushead

I'll eat any seafood.  Anytime.  Anywhere.

I spent a month one summer (when I was 8 or so) down in Washington NC where my grandparents live.  I think it was there where I aquired a HUGE taste for shrimp and oysters.  My uncle had a friend who was a commercial fisherman, so we got fresh seafood in on the regular.  Mmmmm...it's so good.

Jenny

I'm sorry. I had to do it. Someone had to. I'm really sorry.

ycartrob

I'm sorry. I had to do it. Someone had to. I'm really sorry.

Raaaaaazor sharp!

score

Penny Lane

sushi!!!  at least 3 times a week!!! live by it....there's a sushi place on every corner///sushi and thai..thai and sushi
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

pawpaw

Love me some seafood. I love love love fresh yellowfin tuna, salmon and ling cod... but the best fish I've ever had was halibut that had been caught and vacuum sealed in Alaska, which we ate at home a week later, grilled with butter, salt and pepper. Damn. I love to fish too, ocean fishing for salmon when they're running, or rock fish.

Crab is amazing. I like it more than lobster, especially AK King crab legs, though our local Dungeness crab can be outstanding too. Cioppino is one of my favorite seafood dishes...it's basically like a seafood stew, like a catch of the day, everything in the pot kind of recipe...crab legs, scallops, shrimp, mussels, clams...amazing broth.

Not so into raw oysters, they never really did it for me. Seafood rocks though.

"I'm able to sing because I'm able to fly, son. You heard me right..."

Jon T.

I live less than 2 miles from the Gulf of Mexico so I have no choice but to like seafood.  Fish fry, shrimp boils and crawfish boils are a rite of spring with me and my friends.  And spring is just around the corner.   8-)

aMD

QuoteI live less than 2 miles from the Gulf of Mexico so I have no choice but to like seafood.  Fish fry, shrimp boils and crawfish boils are a rite of spring with me and my friends.  And spring is just around the corner.   8-)

I'm jealous!

realdeal

Quotesushi!!!  at least 3 times a week!!! live by it....there's a sushi place on every corner///sushi and thai..thai and sushi

I could eat Sushi everyday of the week. There are a couple fantastic sushi place's here in Louisville. Maido is my favorite. Unagi is my favorite sushi.

The bestest fish to consume is seabass. Though probably the most pricey of all the fishes, it's worth it.

bowl of soup

QuoteI live less than 2 miles from the Gulf of Mexico so I have no choice but to like seafood.  Fish fry, shrimp boils and crawfish boils are a rite of spring with me and my friends.  And spring is just around the corner.   8-)

I'm jealous!

You should be.  Me too.  All this Pensacola talk is making me want to pack my bags.  I've always lived on or near the coast (minus my 3-year Atlanta excursion) and Pensacola is still my king of seafood destinations.  I worked at a restaurant there and the chef was this 25-year-old seafood genius - the best.
I'm not saying it's easy...walking into sweet oblivion.

Jon T.

I'm jealous!

You should be.  Me too.  All this Pensacola talk is making me want to pack my bags.  I've always lived on or near the coast (minus my 3-year Atlanta excursion) and Pensacola is still my king of seafood destinations.  I worked at a restaurant there and the chef was this 25-year-old seafood genius - the best.

I love it here, dearly.  Always have.  Even in high school when people bitched about how bad their town sucks I always thought they were full of shit.  My only complaint is good concerts are very few and far between.  Oh, the job market's not all they great either.  Other than that life is peachy...

Although, I am heading to Mobile tonight to see Wilco.   8-)
Yessssssssssss

Edit- Oh yeah, which restaurant Bowl?  

Penny Lane

mmmm chilean seabass....my favorite fish
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

bowl of soup

I'm jealous!

I love it here, dearly.  Always have.  Even in high school when people bitched about how bad their town sucks I always thought they were full of shit.  My only complaint is good concerts are very few and far between.  Oh, the job market's not all they great either.  Other than that life is peachy...

Although, I am heading to Mobile tonight to see Wilco.   8-)
Yessssssssssss

Edit- Oh yeah, which restaurant Bowl?  

A place called The Back Door Cafe.  It was in the old Hospital building off 12th street downtown.  Only the bottom floor of the place had been restored and there was a cool hippy sandwich place at the other end.  It closed after about a year.  It was a spooky place.  We had a storage room upstairs in the unfinished part and many of the staff refused to go there under any conditions.  The part where the restaurant was used to be the morgue - there were drains in the floor.

These 2 Paula Dean-like ladies owned the place.  They were the coolest people, but had no idea how to run a restaurant.  I worked the remainder of my college career at Semolina by Cordova Mall.
I'm not saying it's easy...walking into sweet oblivion.

Jon T.

Man I use to tear some Semolina up.  Frequently.  That's been gone for a while now.  Along with the countless other restaurants that have met their demise there.  It is a Chinese buffet now.