The Seafood Thread

Started by The_DARK, Mar 01, 2008, 08:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The DARK

And I think I'm the only person in the entire world who likes octopus.  ;D
In another time, in another place, in another face

megalicious

QuoteAnd I think I'm the only person in the entire world who likes octopus.  ;D

it's pretty good. and texturally, it is not what you expect. i was anticipating slimy and gross, but (cliches aside), it reminded me of chicken.

seafood is pretty delish, especially mahi mahi. and shrimp. i love shrimp. crunchy shrimp rolls... fried shrimp... boiled shrimp... shrimp creole... shrimp and grits... grilled shrimp...
all facts begin as dreams dreamt by the wizard

aMD

I used to barbecue eel from the korean market down the road from me but I'm pretty sure it gave me a parasite last time, so no more for me.

bowl of soup

QuoteMan I use to tear some Semolina up.  Frequently.  That's been gone for a while now.  Along with the countless other restaurants that have met their demise there.  It is a Chinese buffet now.

I waited tables there for 4 years (2+ in P'Cola, 2+ in ATL)  The only ones that survived were the original locations in the New Orleans area and I think most of those are closed now too.  I had to take a pay cut to get my first "real" job.  Sticking with the thread - they had the best seafood dish ever:  shrimp or crawfish (when in season) Roban.  A really spicey red cream sauce with pasta and shrimp or crawfish.
I'm not saying it's easy...walking into sweet oblivion.

Jon T.

I always got the Thai dish.  I can't remember what is was called.  But, damn it was good.

bowl of soup

QuoteI always got the Thai dish.  I can't remember what is was called.  But, damn it was good.

Pad Thai - smothered in chili garlic sauce - the best.  Rice noodles, tofu, shrimp, big pile of sprouts; or

Shrimp Bangkok - shrimp with angel hair pasta swimming in a dark broth.
I'm not saying it's easy...walking into sweet oblivion.

Jon T.

QuoteI always got the Thai dish.  I can't remember what is was called.  But, damn it was good.

Pad Thai - smothered in chili garlic sauce - the best.  Rice noodles, tofu, shrimp, big pile of sprouts; or

Shrimp Bangkok - shrimp with angel hair pasta swimming in a dark broth.

Yes! Most definitely the Pad Thai.   All I could remember was a spicy sauce, shrimp and the load of sprouts on top.  

Semolina, oh how I miss thee...