NCAA Hoops 2007-2008

Started by primushead, Oct 26, 2007, 11:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tower

No doubt about it, I think we shot 85% in the first half!  Maybe Indiana was getting the return on the karma they built up by winning all those close games they should have lost like in Illinois.

Here's hoping for continued blazing hot shooting, the cure for all ills!  
Louisville Rock and Roll
www.edgehillave.com

aMD

I agree with you that eric gordan gets away with a lot!  During the Purdue game he would just lower his head and bowl over the closest person and get to the line.  that's not how bball should be.  i'm glad msu won even though it would be better for purdue if they had lost, probably.

tower

I think Purdue is going to win the Big Ten anyway, they are a tough team...as a matter of fact Izzo picked them to win the Big Ten in the preseason, apparently he knew what he was talking about.  Very solid team.
Louisville Rock and Roll
www.edgehillave.com

primushead

So, Tennessee wins the SEC title.

Wisconsin shares the Big Ten title.

Louisville and Georgetown play to decide the big east title.

And finally...

the REMATCH HAPPENS SATURDAY TO DECIDE THE ACC TITLE!!!!!!!!!

Penny Lane

QuoteI think Purdue is going to win the Big Ten anyway, they are a tough team...as a matter of fact Izzo picked them to win the Big Ten in the preseason, apparently he knew what he was talking about.  Very solid team.

Looks like we prevented them from doing that! (OSU wins in OT). too bad i think we need to beat MSU just to get in the tourny (although i suspect we'll get in anyway). MSU was indeed unbelievable against IND. wisky wins the big ten and i guess i'm glad because they're making up for what they should have done in football.
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

tower

Wisconsin had a good, maybe great year, but Purdue should be the Big Ten winner.  Wisconsin benefitted from a favorable schedule...Purdue beat them twice (home and away) and had a tougher overall schedule.  Wisconsin didn't have to play us (MSU) at our place, Purdue did.  Wisky barely beat Indiana, basically Brian Butch hit a lucky bank shot 3 pointer...eesh.

The Big Ten needs to work on their scheduling, its not equitable.
Louisville Rock and Roll
www.edgehillave.com

aMD

QuoteWisconsin had a good, maybe great year, but Purdue should be the Big Ten winner.  Wisconsin benefitted from a favorable schedule...Purdue beat them twice (home and away) and had a tougher overall schedule.  Wisconsin didn't have to play us (MSU) at our place, Purdue did.  Wisky barely beat Indiana, basically Brian Butch hit a lucky bank shot 3 pointer...eesh.

The Big Ten needs to work on their scheduling, its not equitable.

Thanks for making my point for me.

But it doesn't matter as much as it used to since they started the conference tourney.  I just hope that PU gets the same or better seed WISC does.  

OSU's win over PU was huge, maybe enough to get them in.

Great basketball on tomorrow: UofL vs Georgetown for the regular season Big East Championship @ noon and Duke vs UNC part deux @ 9!  Another one to watch is Memphis vs UAB part deux, could be interesting the way the first one ended.

ycartrob

Duke vs NC part 2

let's hear it GGG, prediction

primushead

QuoteDuke vs NC part 2

let's hear it GGG, prediction

I truly believe, that in the the last 2 or 3 weeks, Carolina has been playing their best basketball of the season.  We have built depth at the PG position (Q has been GREAT) and with Ty back, it takes some pressure off of the outside guy.  Ellington AND Green have been shooting (and making) more 3's since the 1st game and Hansbrough...well he does what he does.  

We have momentum, we are much healthier than last time AND we have won at Cameron I.S. the last 2 times.  I like our chances.  Hopefully we'll go in #1 and STAY #1.  

Dook 75
UNC 80

primushead

;D ;D ;D ;D

Look for Payton Manning in the corner of this picture ;)

(Go Heels)

primushead

BTW, Tracy, do you think Ole Miss has a shot to get to the tourney now?  I've heard some predictions that they could be on the good side of the bubble in a week or so.

ycartrob

QuoteBTW, Tracy, do you think Ole Miss has a shot to get to the tourney now?  I've heard some predictions that they could be on the good side of the bubble in a week or so.

my guess is they have to win 2 in the SEC tourney. It's possible. We could have easily beaten Tennesse plus we beat Florida, Vanderbilt, Arkansas and Mississippi St. (all at home, though).

No matter what anyone says, it is a down year for the SEC. And I reference that argument for people saying Kentucky deserves to get in b/c of their SEC record. Sorry, but losses to Gardner-Webb, UAB, and San Diego (all at home) do not outweigh a good SEC record. But they are Kentucky....  :-/  

bowl of soup

QuoteBTW, Tracy, do you think Ole Miss has a shot to get to the tourney now?  I've heard some predictions that they could be on the good side of the bubble in a week or so.

my guess is they have to win 2 in the SEC tourney. It's possible. We could have easily beaten Tennesse plus we beat Florida, Vanderbilt, Arkansas and Mississippi St. (all at home, though).

No matter what anyone says, it is a down year for the SEC. And I reference that argument for people saying Kentucky deserves to get in b/c of their SEC record. Sorry, but losses to Gardner-Webb, UAB, and San Diego (all at home) do not outweigh a good SEC record. But they are Kentucky....  :-/  

This is a brutal bubble year.  I think KY/FL was an elimination game and that KY will go, FL will not, and I just don't know what to say about your boys.  This all changes if either you or FL reaches the SEC semis.  We're out - you can't end the season by blowing a 20 point second-half lead at home to Clemson and follow that up by losing a must-win game at Virginia and get in.  Now if we get to the ACC semis, meaning we'll beat NC State and Duke (probably) I may change my mind.

I love Gary Williams, but Gary!!!!  We have to play more than 5 guys, they are tired at the end of the game.
I'm not saying it's easy...walking into sweet oblivion.

ycartrob

[smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif]

[size=36]M A D D N E S S[/size]
[smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif]     [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif]

aMD

SO, does anyone wanna do brackets online again this year?  I can set up a group for us through yahoo.  At least I think I could figure it out.  anyone interested?

(I realize many of you may think it's futile to sign up since I'm gonna win just like I did last year anyway, but it might be fun to see how you do against everyone else!  ;) )

EAZYE

I painted my name on the back of a leaf
and I watched it float away

pawpaw

"I'm able to sing because I'm able to fly, son. You heard me right..."

bowl of soup

QuoteBy only 1 over UVA????  That's the ACC for you.  I'm so tired of hearing about the down year that the ACC is having.  We get this screw job every year and only end up getting 4 bids.  Put UVA in the Big Ten and they'd be in the middle of the pack.

Dook loses tonight by 10.  We've beaten them 4 times this decade in Durham at Cole Field House South (or should that be Comcast Center South).

Good luck against Duke tonight.  Their style of play is only good for one or two games and they've already won 21 so they're probably due for a loss.  

I'd like to know the last time the ACC only got four teams in, it was probably the 80s.  Last year they had at least six.  nice try though.

Try 2006.  If that's not good enough for ya, try 2003.  They only got 5 in 2005.  I could go on.  That's the problem, there's a perception that we get special treatment when we really get shat on year after year.

2008.  And no, I'm not bitching about Maryland - we didn't deserve the NIT bid, but Va Tech?
I'm not saying it's easy...walking into sweet oblivion.

aMD

You're right. I'll concede that. I am a big ten man but I love ACC basketball.  I'll amend my statement by saying they SHOULD get at 6 teams in every year.

I had a few teams not make it in, unfortunately. most obviosuly Ohio State and also Dayton, who really should have been in over Arizona or Kentucky.