Tonight Show with Jay Leno!!!  Monday!

Started by Bermuda_Hitchhiker, Sep 17, 2008, 12:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheBri-Man

Well here is this:

http://www.nbc.com/The_Tonight_Show_with_Jay_Leno/video/episodes/?vid=689581#vid=689581

Skip to the last scene...pretty bad ass.  Is there now a lady bear on stage too? Jim and Carl are breakin' down some nice moves as well.

Also, meeting Charlize must have been pretty nice!

ycartrob

and she stepped right on his cape at the end; I bet he never washes that cape again.   ::)

(how do you wash a cape? Dry clean only, right?)

Taterbug

She is smokin, whenever I  see her made up nice I can't believe she is the same person that played in Monster.
"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle" Honest Abe

ycartrob

sort of looks like Jon Voight and Toby Keith's love child.

SplatSplatSplat

last night was better than the OBH on Conan?

Seriously?

Were we watching the same leno show?
You need it.  That's for sure.

TGMC421

Quotelast night was better than the OBH on Conan?

Seriously?

;D  right?

kymomandstuff

Seriously?

;D  right?

Actually,YES we were watching the same show but we are different people.I said it was MY opinion not yours.So  ;D at your own damn selves!
Sadly post like this are the reason I don't spend much time at message boards.Do you actually have nothing better to do than come onto sites and rip on other people's posts?Perhaps you could concentrate really hard and come up with an original thought of your own.People's opinions on performances/songs are just that their opinions.I say tomato you say tomahto.It's called diversity and it makes the world a bit more interesting.
Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection,
The lovers, the dreamers, and me.

aMillionDreams

I'm with SplatSplatSplat maybe it's because my volume was down on the TV but I couldn't hear Bo very well so that the lick he plays over the verse was missing and that's what makes that song for me.  And it's tough to beat OBH on Conan, especially considering it was their first national TV performance.  Leno's got a better time slot for now, but that's about the only thing he's got on Conan.  
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

aMillionDreams

Seriously?

;D  right?

Actually,YES we were watching the same show but we are different people.I said it was MY opinion not yours.So  ;D at your own damn selves!
Sadly post like this are the reason I don't spend much time at message boards.Do you actually have nothing better to do than come onto sites and rip on other people's posts?Perhaps you could concentrate really hard and come up with an original thought of your own.People's opinions on performances/songs are just that their opinions.I say tomato you say tomahto.It's called diversity and it makes the world a bit more interesting.

I think he was stating an opinion, too. If you really respect a diversity of opinions then you have to respect all opinions, even if someone's opinion is that you're a blathering windbag. Not that I think that, I'm just saying...

slipknotfranklins

QuoteFantastic!!!
The guys brought their A game to Jay tonight.Carl gets better everytime I see him and although Conan's OBH performance was my favorite I think this one moved into the #1 spot tonight.The only problem is now I WANT MORE LIVE MMJ!!!!!
I guess it's Okonokos time! ;)

the live music archive, learn it, love it, use it. i think the miami show from this past tour is particular hot. the radio city show from june is great too.

aMillionDreams

kymomandstuff

Seriously?

;D  right?

I think he was stating an opinion, too. If you really respect a diversity of opinions then you have to respect all opinions, even if someone's opinion is that you're a blathering windbag. Not that I think that, I'm just saying...

I respect a diverse opinion like yours because you posted in a respectful way.However,I don't respect a sarcastic condescending response to my personal opinion of two great televised Jacket performances.Mocking someone's post serves no purpose but to aggravate,show arrogance,or both.It's not the same thing as politely disagreeing like you.
I like It Still Moves better than Z.If someone posted they liked Z better than ISM I might disagree but I wouldn't say,"Are you serious?","Hilarious!""You must be joking".That would be implying my opinion was superior to theirs and not just different.

Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection,
The lovers, the dreamers, and me.

lisaskye

Those boys are tight!!!!

San Diego coming up...

ms. yvon

thanks for the link bri-man!

def terrific to see the guys throwing down some quality moves on a tv show.  it must be a bit weird for them, being set apart from the audience, etc.
"i don't mean to brag, i don't mean to boast, but we like hot butter on our breakfast toast."

TheBigChicken

those boys are smokin' ....brings back painful memories of Orlando :-[
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

weeniebeenie

QuoteWell here is this:

http://www.nbc.com/The_Tonight_Show_with_Jay_Leno/video/episodes/?vid=689581#vid=689581

Skip to the last scene...pretty bad ass.  Is there now a lady bear on stage too? Jim and Carl are breakin' down some nice moves as well.

I can't watch it. :(
How loud can silence get?

getinthevan

Seriously?

;D  right?

I respect a diverse opinion like yours because you posted in a respectful way.However,I don't respect a sarcastic condescending response to my personal opinion of two great televised Jacket performances.Mocking someone's post serves no purpose but to aggravate,show arrogance,or both.It's not the same thing as politely disagreeing like you.
I like It Still Moves better than Z.If someone posted they liked Z better than ISM I might disagree but I wouldn't say,"Are you serious?","Hilarious!""You must be joking".That would be implying my opinion was superior to theirs and not just different.

And Scene.  Now let's try that again without all the arguing about nothing.
The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place

SplatSplatSplat

wow, i really pissed that chick off. i'm sorry but i could never agree with you.

And i'm about piss some more people off I'm sure. ;)

I personally believe it was kind of a lame performance.  Mind you, i don't blame the band.  I actually blame Leno and his tight-ass  conservative-ish setting.  I don't think the stage/setup gave much love/energy for their performance.

I also don't think it was the best representation of MMJ in the live setting either; i can't see how a potential new fan would see that and think, "OMG they are soooo awesome! I have to see them in concert"  as opposed to the Conan clip...which is just incendiary from beginning to end.  Blows my mind every time i watch it. :D

again, I'm NOT saying THE BAND sucks. I'm just trying to be honest.

MMJ + LENO =  Underwhelming.    
You need it.  That's for sure.