Tonight Show with Jay Leno!!!  Monday!

Started by Bermuda_Hitchhiker, Sep 17, 2008, 12:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TGMC421

Quotewow, i really pissed that chick off. i'm sorry but i could never agree with you.

And i'm about piss some more people off I'm sure. ;)

I personally believe it was kind of a lame performance.  Mind you, i don't blame the band.  I actually blame Leno and his tight-ass  conservative-ish setting.  I don't think the stage/setup gave much love/energy for their performance.

I also don't think it was the best representation of MMJ in the live setting either; i can't see how a potential new fan would see that and think, "OMG they are soooo awesome! I have to see them in concert"  as opposed to the Conan clip...which is just incendiary from beginning to end.  Blows my mind every time i watch it. :D

again, I'm NOT saying THE BAND sucks. I'm just trying to be honest.

MMJ + LENO =  Underwhelming.    

I second that and you put in the best way possible.  If I may be honest, I think I'm Amazed wasn't the best choice either.  Yeah, it's the song that some of radio is playing but the album has been out since June.  I too was hoping they'd play a different song for Leno but what can ya do?  

ycartrob

huh, funny how opinions differ.

I found it to be the single most important event in television history.

stu42

Anyone else feel like the sound was pretty awful?

easy way

Is anyone else simply pleased to have an added MMJ tidbit as part of their Monday night?  :-?
"the time is with the month of winter solstice, when the change is due to come..."

tomEisenbraun

haha, i love all the hate around here.

I finally got this song when I saw 'em live at the Fox. Means a lot more now with the energy of everyone in that theatre behind it. Jim fuckin slammed out the solo here and anyone wiht their tv turned up could've easily felt that. Good solid deal, gentleman.
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

cigarzin

Thanks to those who posted the online clips. I was so upset when I missed this. Anyone know if they will be replaying it on TV? Thanks.

easy way

"the time is with the month of winter solstice, when the change is due to come..."

Isobella

Funny, I thought this performance summed one of things I appreciate most about this band; no matter what the circumstances they bring it.

ItStillJaimoe

The Tonight Show sound is often lifeless and I think the mix was off, especially on Jim's guitar, but their performance was still better than most rock band types Leno books.

tenn

Just saw this on Ms.P's blog:

"Oh yeah, those My Morning Jacket shows have been purty good. I thought they were in fine form on The Tonight Show, as well. You missed seeing Charlize Theron pick up Jim's cape and shake it out for him (after she accidentally stepped on it). Such a thoughtful young lady."

DaFunkyPrecedent

do you guys realize this performance means nothing at all except more record sales and some more spending money for the boys?
God damn those shaky knees.

dragonboy

I still haven't seen this (can't watch nbc clips abroad)
I've been looking around but please post here/let me know if it turns up on a blog etc.

Thanks  :)
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

Grateful Chabo

rockin solo by jim and some nifty footwork...i would have busted my ass.....anyway love how the cape flys off when its time to shred!!! all hail mmj
"Listen to the river sing sweet songs to rock my soul."