Most Prized MMJ Item(s)...

Started by gundy, Jun 14, 2008, 12:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

slimsloslider

somewhere i've got a xeroxed copy of a letter that jim james sent to a fourth-grade student that my friend jennifer was teaching at the time. i gotta find that thing. it was in response to the letter that the kid had written knowing that she was going to the show. i posted about it a long time ago, but it was incredible. it talked about what kind of music jim liked (roy orbison, outkast, elvis - which he explained would always be "the king.") if i find it, i'll post it verbatim.

JacketGal

My signed poster from the It Still Moves tour. I ripped off the record store wall and asked them to sign it for me. They were so nice. I realized that I had been talking to Patrick but thought he was Jim. That was back in the days when they all had long, curly hair. Jim was right next to him and he knew the mistake I was making but was nice enough not to point it out. He had a great "knowing" smile on his face too. I only realized that after I looked at the signature. I looked back at him and he was still smiling. D'oh!

Here is the poster:

But seein you feels good, and its always understood.
That anything much sweeter would make me die.

JacketGal

Quotesomewhere i've got a xeroxed copy of a letter that jim james sent to a fourth-grade student that my friend jennifer was teaching at the time. i gotta find that thing. it was in response to the letter that the kid had written knowing that she was going to the show. i posted about it a long time ago, but it was incredible. it talked about what kind of music jim liked (roy orbison, outkast, elvis - which he explained would always be "the king.") if i find it, i'll post it verbatim.
I remember that post! That was one of the most moving stories I've read on this forum. I hope you find it!!
But seein you feels good, and its always understood.
That anything much sweeter would make me die.

Angry Ewok

Not my most prized items, but I just got the top secret Nashville 2008 poster by Hatch Show Print framed to match their Nashville 2006 poster. Significant because I met Meg at the first show and the second show was our first real concert attended as an engaged couple.

The '06 is autographed, while the '08 is actually one of the few prints that wasn't autographed (it's a Printer's Proof, never left the shop). So that's kinda nifty.

--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

ultravisitor

I got a setlist from their November 06 show in Chicago during which the band surprised everyone during the encore by having the Chicago Youth Symphony join them for a few songs.

Adamn13er

I just have a lot of good memories.  In no particular order.

1.   Listening to Roo '04 and '08 in my car over and over again and never getting tired of it.

2.  Getting the feeling at Roo '08 that MMJ controls the weather, when the harder they play, the harder it rains.

3.  Leaving Mstrkrft to head to MMJ and hearing the beginning of "Golden" and sprinting through the crowd to get to Which Stage.

4.  Realizing that the Dallas show sold out, but that night getting the last 3 tickets on StubHub.

5.  Erekah Badu singing "Tyrone" with MMJ.  I nearly creamed my pants.

6.  The video I took at Dallas of "Golden".  I love that song.

There are bunches more, but those are the best ones.  

goose

I have an autographed poster from the Louisville show this year.  I won it through the radio station.

My first concert was the live in store at Ear- Xtacy for the Evil Urges release, gfollowed by Bonnaroo three days later.  I have pics from all four shows thgis year that, some at my desk at work.
Hooked on four like one, two, three

goose

I saw where a while back people were talking about the number on the autograph.  There was an article in a Louisville magazine about the bands early years.  When they first started, they made posters for friends and signed them.  Jim signed as Felton Spencer #34.  For those who do not know, he was a U of L basketball player in the 80's that played some years in the pros.
Hooked on four like one, two, three

gundy

--used to have one of the PeanutButter & Jelly sandwiches they passed out at the 4th & B in San Diego. Should've frozen it, but didn't. it got gross and i had to toss it!

me, the missus and a friend ate ours. mmm... delicious.

vespachick

Quote from: goose on Oct 10, 2008, 06:30 PM
I saw where a while back people were talking about the number on the autograph.  There was an article in a Louisville magazine about the bands early years.  When they first started, they made posters for friends and signed them.  Jim signed as Felton Spencer #34.  For those who do not know, he was a U of L basketball player in the 80's that played some years in the pros.

bump - and oldie but a goody for le newbies.
My jacket's gonna be cut slim and checked

johnnYYac

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Angelo

Doesn't someone on the forum have a set of wooden figures of the band or something? Did I see that on here or was I dreaming? Either way, I remember thinking they looked awesome and that I wish they were in my apt.

ericm

Quote from: Angelo on Jun 04, 2013, 09:28 AM
Doesn't someone on the forum have a set of wooden figures of the band or something? Did I see that on here or was I dreaming? Either way, I remember thinking they looked awesome and that I wish they were in my apt.

I have a set of those, and they're Burwell's. Love em, but unfortunately they're still packed away. Hope to have them displayed again soon.

"Where's Jim going?"

johnnYYac

Yup.  Guy Burwell printed these on birch wood.  26 of each were made.  He later offered a limited number on heavy stock paper w/out the stands.  Click each image to get more info.

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

ericm

No question the thing I value most is the friends I've made through this band, and the great memories we've shared.  :thumbsup:  :beer:

As far as MMJ items go, it would probably be having all 5 T5 posters, with the At Dawn being my favorite.
"Where's Jim going?"

headhunter

Quote from: ericm on Jun 04, 2013, 11:07 AM
No question the thing I value most is the friends I've made through this band, and the great memories we've shared.  :thumbsup:  :beer:

As far as MMJ items go, it would probably be having all 5 T5 posters, with the At Dawn being my favorite.

Yep, I agree 100% with Eric who I stood next to each night working to get each of the T5 posters.

Special days & nights indeed.

was some shakin' and some record playin'

Angelo

Quote from: johnnYYac on Jun 04, 2013, 11:03 AM
Yup.  Guy Burwell printed these on birch wood.  26 of each were made.  He later offered a limited number on heavy stock paper w/out the stands.  Click each image to get more info.

Yeah that's definitely them. They are so cool, wish I could get my hands on a set of those. I image they aren't cheap when/if they surface on ebay.

I hear you Eric, the number of memories I have with you fine folks are small but oh so sweet. Hopefully the amount of memories don't remain small for long  :beer:

justbcuzido

Quote from: johnnYYac on Jun 04, 2013, 11:03 AM

I actually just got a set of the heavy stock paper prints. They look awesome. I had been talking with Guy for a few weeks before he gave them up. He still has a few sets of them. He also has some of the wood figures left, just not a matching numbered set.

He was really chill and easy to work with. Plus, because it took him awhile to get the prints out, he sent me a free drawing he did. Really solid dude! I haven't posted a picture yet because I want to get them framed right first. Will post when I do.
Mona Lisa must'a had the highway blues, you can tell by the way she smiles.

FiddleCastro

I NEEDED IT MOST WHENEVER tbh

Ruckus

Quote from: FiddleCastro on Jun 05, 2013, 12:47 PM

I love the jealous looking onlooker to your left :)  What about the T5 EU set list Fiddle? 
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head