Fantasy Football (NFL)

Started by aMD, Aug 19, 2007, 08:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

knotcameloose

QuoteLike I said during the draft, it should be an exicting season for 2nd place.
I know, seeing as I have LT, Peyton, Baltimore...

;D

aMD

QuoteLike I said during the draft, it should be an exicting season for 2nd place.

;)

how'd your other draft go?

Jon T.

My other team is almost the same.  I got Kitna(i'm a big fan) S.Alexander, McGahee, T.O, R. Williams and V. YOung, those are my good players.  We do an auction draft.  Each team has $100 bucks and you have to bid on the players.  You have to manage your money so that you have at least $1 per player and you draft 15 players.  So if you blow your wad on LT then you have to make sure you have enough money to buy the rest of the team otherwise your highest priced player is out for 6 weeks.  It makes for a more involved draft.  Plus we have guys from all over Florida and it gives us a chance to get together and kick it.  We did it in Jacksonville two weeks ago.

bowl of soup

Sounds like my other league.  We do $200 auction style with keepers that you pay a 10% increase in salary to keep.  I could've kept LT - but it would have cost me $110 with 8 other positions to draft.  Couldn't do it.  Can't believe that Ronald Curry was not picked, so I picked him up.
I'm not saying it's easy...walking into sweet oblivion.

.Walt

I have my money league draft on friday. its with a bunch of my high school buddies, we've been doing this for 6 years now, and the last two years i didn't make the playoffs. i over think shit. this year, i'm going in clear eyed, which could be a problem  :-/
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

aMD

QuoteMy other team is almost the same.  I got Kitna(i'm a big fan) S.Alexander, McGahee, T.O, R. Williams and V. YOung, those are my good players.  We do an auction draft.  Each team has $100 bucks and you have to bid on the players.  You have to manage your money so that you have at least $1 per player and you draft 15 players.  So if you blow your wad on LT then you have to make sure you have enough money to buy the rest of the team otherwise your highest priced player is out for 6 weeks.  It makes for a more involved draft.  Plus we have guys from all over Florida and it gives us a chance to get together and kick it.  We did it in Jacksonville two weeks ago.

who's going to get more starts Kitna or Young?  

I can't wait for our season and the real season to start!

WHO DEY!!!!  

corey

No shit. I'm gettin' antsy over here.

I think I'm gonna be going to the Titans/Colts game. I should find out tomorrow. I'm gonna be pulling for the Titans, but I want Addai to have a good game because he's my starter.  :)

It's gonna be hard watching football like that this season.

Jon T.

QuoteMy other team is almost the same.  I got Kitna(i'm a big fan) S.Alexander, McGahee, T.O, R. Williams and V. YOung, those are my good players.  We do an auction draft.  Each team has $100 bucks and you have to bid on the players.  You have to manage your money so that you have at least $1 per player and you draft 15 players.  So if you blow your wad on LT then you have to make sure you have enough money to buy the rest of the team otherwise your highest priced player is out for 6 weeks.  It makes for a more involved draft.  Plus we have guys from all over Florida and it gives us a chance to get together and kick it.  We did it in Jacksonville two weeks ago.

who's going to get more starts Kitna or Young?  

I can't wait for our season and the real season to start!

WHO DEY!!!!  

Kitna all the way.  I know I sound crazy but I think he is going to have a monster season.  Their running game is in shambles, their defense is non-existent so they're going to have score a lot of points to stay in the games, their receiver corps are top five (seriously), and he has a year under him playing for M. Martz.  Plus I think he's just dreamy.

Not really the last part but I do like him...

bowl of soup

One week from today - Saints and Colts kick it off - its like christmas.
I'm not saying it's easy...walking into sweet oblivion.

corey

Chris and I are definitely going to the Titans/Colts game. Fuck yeah! My first NFL game.

knotcameloose

QuoteOne week from today - Saints and Colts kick it off - its like christmas.

On a Thursday.  In September.

;D

High school ball starts here tomorrow night in upstate New York, I'm looking forward to those games.

aMD

QuoteChris and I are definitely going to the Titans/Colts game. Fuck yeah! My first NFL game.

Nice!  Have fun.  Colts and Titans are two of my favorite non-bengal teams.  

I had a chance to see UofL play Muarry St tonight, I'm not really sure why I didn't go.  I can't fucking wait for football this year!

corey

I didn't realize the Saints/Colts is gonna be Thursday. Sweet!

I really can't take this wait anymore.

.Walt

i have my money league tomorrow, i'm really nervous. My team The Tennessee Fire, got a couple friends of mine, into the jacket. i lost my ass to them. which is better: getting the jacket fans? or losing my ass to the same people two years in a-row? i'd kill to make the playoffs, haven't in three years.

wish me good luck!! or i guess thats what the fat tire is for!!

also am i the only one thats happy about this thread getting a lot of love?
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

corey

You're not alone, brother. It's pretty much the only thread that I check on this board anymore other than the NCAA thread. That will all change once there's some MMJ news, I guess..... but I couldn't care less about the "what's your favorite MMJ song?" threads and shit like that.    ;D

aMD

yeah, I have a feeling we'll have a lot to talk about as the season goes on.  This thread is already much larger than the regular NFL thread and a lot of those posts are about fantasy too.  I say we keep the smack talk and deal making right here.

WHO DEY!!!!!

Jon T.

This'll be fun.

A little of subject here but I was talking shit about my buddy's team in my other league cuz that's what I do.  And he called me out on it and challenged me that whoever has the worst record between the two of us has to pay the other guy's entry fee for life.  That's  $157 a team right now and we go higher each year (inflation's a bitch).  He threw down the gauntlet on me.  I had to take it because of all the shit talking I was doing.  So, I have learned a lesson on talking too much shit.  That being said I am looking forward to winning two different leagues this year.

corey

I'm not getting my hopes up. I just want to have fun and whip a few of your asses along the way. I'm paired up against my brother in week 2, so that should be fun.

Taterbug

I am in a keeper league and have been for the about 16 years now, I would like to know who YOU guys would keep from  my roster from last year. I can keep 2 players from any position and the same position.
I have already turned in my keepers to the commish, I guess I just need some positive  reinforcement on my decision.   I won total pts. and the super bowl last year.

QB PEYTON MANNING
R.B. EDGERRIN JAMES
R.B. MAURICE JONES DREW
R.B. CEDRIC BENSON
W.R. REGGIE WAYNE
W.R. DONALD DRIVER
T.E. TONY GONZALEZ

This is my favorite time of year.
I love sunday mornings, Scooby snacks,  stat trackers and smack talk.
"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle" Honest Abe

Jon T.

That's kind of a tough one.  I would say Peyton obviously and considering the rest of the ages and injury factors I'd take a gamble on MJD??